Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 664352 times)

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #1620 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:53 am »
Haha I found nothing on google so I doubt it's a famous quote. V's a funny one. I wouldn't be surprised that it was about ecology though. Or maybe her paper letter project was cancelled? i don't know.
http://vagabond-audio.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-used-to-friend-with-trees.html

I found this?
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1621 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:46 am »
Valentine's Day blows. Then my friend sent me this song and it made me happy and i had to fight girly tears. Enjoy. http://youtu.be/RvC9w73iXRU

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:52 pm »
Tune in tonight to One Tree Hill and listen to Vanessa's "Hear The Bells" off her album "Rabbits On The Run." On The CW Television Network at 8/7c -MGMT

Now things make sense. The song was probably put on this television show, and R&T figured it would do better than Bride due to the exposure.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 15, 2012, 01:42:56 pm »
UGHHHH if that's true that's so dumb! hahaha

Can someone tape it? : )

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 15, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »
Tune in tonight to One Tree Hill and listen to Vanessa's "Hear The Bells" off her album "Rabbits On The Run." On The CW Television Network at 8/7c -MGMT

Now things make sense. The song was probably put on this television show, and R&T figured it would do better than Bride due to the exposure.

but why would she say that they "can't" do bride?

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 15, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »

but why would she say that they "can't" do bride?

Perhaps they could only fund one song? :-\ Going with HTB probably meant that they couldn't do Bride.

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:02 pm »
I caught it. It was at the end of the episode. They didn't advertise it at the end like they do with most CW shows, which I found odd.

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 15, 2012, 08:34:50 pm »
If anyone could post it on Youtube, that would be great. If it doesn't surface in a few days, I'll have to track down the episode and watch the end. I'm curious as to how HTB fits in the show, or you know... Why play that song? I thought One Tree Hill was a teen-drama or something like that, Hear the Bells is a dark, emotional song, in my eyes it doesn't seem to fit I guess?

Glad the song got some exposure though, still confused about the whole Bride thing. V, You need to take the time to explain the situation (if you can of course), because I'm mind-boggled.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1628 on: February 15, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »
If anyone could post it on Youtube, that would be great. If it doesn't surface in a few days, I'll have to track down the episode and watch the end. I'm curious as to how HTB fits in the show, or you know... Why play that song? I thought One Tree Hill was a teen-drama or something like that, Hear the Bells is a dark, emotional song, in my eyes it doesn't seem to fit I guess?

Glad the song got some exposure though, still confused about the whole Bride thing. V, You need to take the time to explain the situation (if you can of course), because I'm mind-boggled.

there are some dark happenings on the show right now, so I think it fits perfectly.  I haven't watched it yet because I work nights, so I will check it out in the AM.  Very excited to see how it fits in, but upset to know that it wasn't featured at the end of the show like they usually do. hmmm.  Maybe it's on the OTH website?  I think OTH and other WB shows reach a younger and wider audience, I love how they like to incorporate music into everything.  This will be great exposure at the very least.

Laura H, did you notice that what you found says "sweeden at it's best" under a picture ( I cannot make it out because it's not showing up on my work computer)  I don't know what is pictured there, but I first thought of First Aid Kit, who she posted about a few weeks ago, their new album Lion's Roar just came out at the end of January, maybe it's a lyric to one of their songs.  I only listened to the ablum once when Vanessa posted about it being streamed on NPR, so I'm not familiar with the lyrics.  The other thing I thought of was just her connection with nature, maybe she just made it up one drunken night!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1629 on: February 16, 2012, 05:47:55 am »
http://www.cwtv.com/music/one-tree-hill

listed here, but not pictured.  grrrr.

comes on the show at minute 52, they cut out the bridge and most of the ahhhs before the bridge, but it still sounded really good!

~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1630 on: February 16, 2012, 01:30:56 pm »
Vanessa Carlton @VanessaCarlton

Whenever I pass this bakery window it makes me happy to be alive. Very Lewis Carroll. pic.twitter.com/doxYgq2P
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1631 on: February 16, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »

comes on the show at minute 52, they cut out the bridge and most of the ahhhs before the bridge, but it still sounded really good!

I guess it would've helped to watch the whole episode, but anyways, I'm just happy about the promo. The song didn't seem to fit those moments very well, just from an onlooker's perspective, but I'm glad they used it nonetheless. That was a good rough 2 minutes of segments of the track.

it wasn't the best fit, but it was okay. do you watch the show regularly?  Everyone in the show is kind of going through their own turmoil in a way, like Vanessa is in the song, trying to find her way back to being healthy.  So in that way, it does kind of fit with what's going on in the show.  More or less it was the feeling of the song that fit, if you were hearing it for the first time.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1632 on: February 17, 2012, 06:34:36 am »

I guess it would've helped to watch the whole episode, but anyways, I'm just happy about the promo. The song didn't seem to fit those moments very well, just from an onlooker's perspective, but I'm glad they used it nonetheless. That was a good rough 2 minutes of segments of the track.

it wasn't the best fit, but it was okay. do you watch the show regularly?  Everyone in the show is kind of going through their own turmoil in a way, like Vanessa is in the song, trying to find her way back to being healthy.  So in that way, it does kind of fit with what's going on in the show.  More or less it was the feeling of the song that fit, if you were hearing it for the first time.

I suppose you're right. Nope, I'm no regular. Not even when Mr. Murray was there. Are you? I might've been focusing more on the concepts between the song and whatever I could make out of the situations while watching, particularly listening to the lyrics and observing their expressions. Maybe if the dialogue between the characters didn't drown out half of the parts they played, the vibe would've came off stronger. Alright now I'm getting a little excessive with criticizing, but we're fans with high(er) expectations, now that Bride may not happen.

I didn't watch the show when it first came on, I started watching it in syndication on soapnet a year or two ago, then the last two or three seasons I've kept up with as they come out.
The music has always been like that in the show, where it is pretty  much played continuously throughout the show underneath dialogue then swells during the times where there is no dialogue.  That has been the M-O of most CW shows, and this show especially so I'm not surprised that it was used the way that it was.  I understand being hypercritical, but it really was a great clip and great exposure to a new group of people.  I wonder if it's helped sales at all?  At least the single?  You can buy it right off their website.
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1633 on: February 17, 2012, 01:39:01 pm »
No post from Vanessa tonight, but this from Jake Davis:

Jake Davis (@JakeDavisFilms)
2/17/12 9:10 PM
Grey Gardens meets Helmut Newton for Vanessa tomorrow.

Im assuming they're still in the planning stage, but it sounds quite vintage and strange mysticism. Excellent.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1634 on: February 17, 2012, 01:44:49 pm »
She definitely hears the bells....http://images.artnet.com/artwork_images_424065188_578637_helmut-newton.jpg it's coming....   

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:53:20 pm by Arwen »