Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 661747 times)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #1635 on: February 17, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »
sounds so close... getting excited!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1636 on: February 19, 2012, 12:22:57 am »
Vanessa Carlton @VanessaCarlton

Never too old 2 waltz in a silk dress. Must do lil edie proud. Heard the bells today. Loud. And. Clear. pic.twitter.com/XtQ9jlIQ

another gorgeous pic
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1637 on: February 19, 2012, 09:01:35 am »
Wow, that picture is amazing!

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1638 on: February 19, 2012, 09:59:39 am »
Wow, that picture is amazing!

I CAN'T WAIT. I hope it comes out soon! She looks great!

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1639 on: February 19, 2012, 10:59:41 am »

Never too old 2 waltz in a silk dress. Must do lil edie proud. Heard the bells today. Loud. And. Clear. pic.twitter.com/XtQ9jlIQ

another gorgeous pic

When she says waltz... does she mean literally or figuratively?

When she says lil' Eddie... She's referring her bro - Edmund.

He likes the waltz?
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 19, 2012, 05:23:49 pm »
LOVE THAT PICTURE! SHE LOOKS SO GOOD!
this video is gonna be something really new and interesting.
i think that part is in the little lullaby on the bridge.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: February 19, 2012, 07:18:46 pm »
I have a recurring dream that there is a secret door to a secret stairwell in my house. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/realestate/where-the-secrets-were-kept.html

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1642 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:11 am »

another gorgeous pic

When she says waltz... does she mean literally or figuratively?

When she says lil' Eddie... She's referring her bro - Edmund.

He likes the waltz?

lol, no.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Beale
~Sara~

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: February 22, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »
"@VanessaCarlton

Death in the afternoon is a grrreat way to go. Does it really mean tranq ur brain at 3 pm on a fancy grassy knoll? "

- Confused about what this means, assuming it's alcohol related by the picture? I have a hard time understanding V's language sometimes, hehe.

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #1644 on: February 23, 2012, 02:22:35 am »
In her tweets she makes a lot of reference to Grey Gardens, and I feel this music video might be a great parallel to that storyline. In Grey Gardens, two women basically live in recluse in a house that eventually becomes dilapidated. The living situation in their home becomes revolting—not suitable for living conditions. Perhaps, the music video will be about V's sickness emerging from her horrifying surroundings. It's always possible, it'd be really cool if V portrayed Little Edie in Bells.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1645 on: February 23, 2012, 04:30:26 am »
In her tweets she makes a lot of reference to Grey Gardens, and I feel this music video might be a great parallel to that storyline. In Grey Gardens, two women basically live in recluse in a house that eventually becomes dilapidated. The living situation in their home becomes revolting—not suitable for living conditions. Perhaps, the music video will be about V's sickness emerging from her horrifying surroundings. It's always possible, it'd be really cool if V portrayed Little Edie in Bells.

I like your hypothesis!  The wikipedia page I posted about little edie has a lot of info on it too.  such a sad life really.
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1646 on: February 23, 2012, 05:43:26 am »

I like your hypothesis!  The wikipedia page I posted about little edie has a lot of info on it too.  such a sad life really.

OMG, I was reading that wiki page you posted Sara and saw that where Edie used to live is now the Carlyle hotel. Do you guys remember a little while ago when V posted about this bar? http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/carlyle/dining/bemelmans_bar/
It's in the Carlyle hotel! I just thought that was cool!
And I think you're right about the vid, BeforeTheDawn! I'm getting more excited for it everyday!

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:12 am »

Okay. This right here is very cool.

Now I'm going to be upset if it doesn't happen. :D

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1648 on: February 23, 2012, 10:50:20 am »

OMG, I was reading that wiki page you posted Sara and saw that where Edie used to live is now the Carlyle hotel. Do you guys remember a little while ago when V posted about this bar? http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/carlyle/dining/bemelmans_bar/
It's in the Carlyle hotel! I just thought that was cool!
And I think you're right about the vid, BeforeTheDawn! I'm getting more excited for it everyday!

very cool.  I wonder if she checked it out because of Edie, or if it was just a coincidence.  There are some things related to Vanessa that I check out on purpose, but other things are just things we have in common.  I would just find it interesting for her to be on the other side of it -- trying to find out as much as she can about someone she admires or is inspired by.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1649 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:28 am »
Vanessa Carlton ‏ @VanessaCarlton

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

Honorable goal? To fall through the looking glass. Every.Singa.Day. Even 4 just a moment. (Mnwhile counting the days til nxt fresh peyote; )

does she really do peyote? holy crap!
~Sara~