Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342031 times)

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2010, 03:09:43 am »
I wouldn't worry about the "Moneymaker" title, it honestly sounds to me like one of those titles that's going to change. Remember how Ordinary Day was initially called Divide & Conquer?

And even if that isn't the case, I really don't think we need to worry about Vanessa going into bizarre territory like hip-hop. She said long ago she would never do that.

Ordinary Day was never called "Divide and Conquer".
it was ALWAYS either "Ordinary Days" or "Ordinary Day".
---------------------------

anywho, yay!!! we got a new picture too =) http://www.last.fm/music/Vanessa+Carlton/+images/47135479

but what I'm REALLY excited about is she said she got done with the last song on the album..

OMFG ITS COMING SOON!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2010, 05:11:35 am »
The board is finally back online. I'm sure that Bella's owner sent his dog in order to eat the server which host this forum ::)

LOL.  ;D
But really, I missed the forum. I haven't been in-touch for almost a week.

I dont think money maker will be hip hoppy at all. it might just be another "C'est La Vie" but instead of to her first record label, to The Inc as she did leave them (right? hope im making sense).
just my theory.

I hope you'll be right. The titles she is giving us really intrigue me. "Moneymaker" and "I Don Want To Be A Bride," for me, signal a new writing style from V. I'm looking forward for some new song snippets to hear.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:56:05 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 07:08:44 am »
well she tweeted that she finished the last song on the record so release it in like 2 weeks or less cause we're so patiently waiting for it to be out! =)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2010, 07:13:18 am »
well she tweeted that she finished the last song on the record so release it in like 2 weeks or less cause we're so patiently waiting for it to be out! =)

Oh, I agree with you a hundred percent.  ;D Or at least, a tracklist or new song snippets.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 07:20:46 am »
no no tracklist no song snippets if she "cracked" the last song on the album i want the real deal lol i've waited long enough for this album!  it's been since 2007 since heroes and thieves. that's too long...

charmedguy18

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 07:40:47 am »
Yeah, just because she finished the last song or whatever doesn't mean that the album is actually done. It probably still needs to be mixed, etc. I don't really know anything else that goes into the process of making an album, but it probably is a lot. But at the very least, I'd imagine it'd come out during the summer months (hopefully).

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 07:52:05 am »
yeah that is very true. but i can dream can't i?

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 09:23:37 am »
She's not signed to a record label at the moment, is she? There's always that little thing to deal with. Unless she is and she's been cleverly keeping it under wraps, which is very possible, especially for Vanessa.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2010, 03:02:54 pm »
BUZZKILL!!

When I read the word snippit..I thought maybe a clip from a new song! haha
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2010, 03:12:47 pm »
BUZZKILL!!

When I read the word snippit..I thought maybe a clip from a new song! haha

I thought the same thing and searched the interview for the little quicktime bar!! lol.
Do we have any proof she's not with the INC? I think she still is, they realllly need her.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »
I doubt she's still w/ the Inc..but may still be w/ Universal.....I'm hoping she doesn't just jump to the next label that wants her & really looks into it and makes sure they will promote her the way she needs to be promoted....I'd love for her to go indie but with her lackluster online presence I don't think that would be the best idea. I'm glad she is using Twitter her & there but she seems to dissapear for months on end and thats never good.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Lord Star

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2010, 04:57:31 pm »
Thank God she's using twitter to update us. Really excited for the album now! :)

beatriz

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2010, 04:59:13 pm »
I'm getting more excited for this, altough it all seems so different from what we know of V, I wonder if it sounds too different too.

What did she really mean by "cracked"?  
Maybe (hopefully) this album will be out sooner than we thought it would!

charmedguy18

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2010, 07:29:15 pm »
I don't remember why I feel so sure that I read something that said she's not at The Inc. anymore, but I just think it should be noted I really don't think she is. It's just I don't have any evidence to back it up lol...

The Inc. doesn't need Vanessa. They need to go out of business.

nessafan_sa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2010, 08:10:22 pm »
"If you weren’t a singer-songwriter, what would you be? A druid, perhaps. I’d own a farm as well."
"At times I feel like a Victorian undertaker."

Ah, V :D this is why we love her.

Anyway, there is excitment oozing friom her corner of my being! :D :D I'm expecting something totally different, totally surprising, totally magical in this record.. yet another harmonium and h&t that i'll listen to so much it becomes a part of me.