Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 346452 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #375 on: February 07, 2011, 03:59:31 am »
I guess it will be on 2012. No, just kidding.

Maybe by March 21?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: February 07, 2011, 04:03:45 am »

Maybe by March 21?

yeah! that's my guess too :) I guess I'm just hopeful it will be early and it would be awesome if it were on the spring equinox, very symbolic
~Sara~

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »
yeah pretty sure that picture isn't Vanessa Carlton.

exactly.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2011, 07:44:21 pm »
Whenever it is, I hope it's soon

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »
I'm starting to think there's not gonna be a tour at all. I know there's no set release for the album yet but Spring is coming soon and still nothing.

I'm also a bit frustrated because if she announces something at the last minute, I may not be able to get days off work. I also need time to make travel plans and arrangements (plane ticket, hotels booking, etc...)

Vanessa, please update us!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2011, 04:34:10 pm »
If worst comes to worse, ROTR just might not be a Spring release, rather a summer or fall release. I honestly wouldn't care. I have waited thus far, whats another few months? : )

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2011, 05:45:18 pm »
If worst comes to worse, ROTR just might not be a Spring release, rather a summer or fall release. I honestly wouldn't care. I have waited thus far, whats another few months? : )

Noo! :( It's so frustrating waiting for it because we know it's done and finished, yet it feels so intangible. Because a V record is such a big event to me, we've heard so much about it yet it still seems like this faraway notion. Actually holding and listening to V's fourth studio album will filling a huge hollow space that has now developed inside me. Obviously V may have little to no control over the release depending on her label, but I thought the whole point was that it was a spring themed record? Rabbits, tall tales for spring, etc. If it gets pushed back too much, although I will obviously buy it upon eventual release, I will get very disheartened. I hope she will be in touch soon, and they're sorting the details and planning out now. The website was definitely an indicator that something is happening behind the scenes, so I'm still holding a little faith for a release in probably May.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2011, 06:17:49 pm »
We may have a while longer to wait, but even if it came out in June, it would still be spring as long as it comes out before the 21st!  Technicality, I know.  I don't want that to happen.  I do agree that last minute stuff is frustrating, only by chance and begging am I able to go to the concert in NC on Monday.  If I'm able (if she does autographs or something) I will try to ask about the album or touring!  No promises because I am extremely shy and tense in social situations, especially involving someone as wonderful as Vanessa.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2011, 06:27:07 pm »
I had a thought the other day.  Vanessa's old profile photo on her Facebook was her album cover to Heros and Thieves, so I wonder if the current one will be Rabbits on the Run album cover.  It would fit the black and white motif...  Just a thought!
~Sara~

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2011, 09:06:13 pm »
Look at it this way. The album was mastered. It wouldn't be smart of her or the label if there is one to just sit and waste away the days doing nothing while a finished record sits on the desk. We don't know what's happening, but something is at this very moment that is in preparation for the release!

sabasaba

« Reply #385 on: February 13, 2011, 01:19:53 pm »

Maybe by March 21?

My birthday!  :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:21:37 pm by Saba »

sabasaba

« Reply #386 on: February 13, 2011, 01:21:18 pm »
I had a thought the other day.  Vanessa's old profile photo on her Facebook was her album cover to Heros and Thieves, so I wonder if the current one will be Rabbits on the Run album cover.  It would fit the black and white motif...  Just a thought!

Maybe! It's a lovely photo.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: February 13, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »

Maybe! It's a lovely photo.

absolutely love it!  There is another black and white photo on another thread that someone made a t shirt out of that would be awesome as a cover too.  it's profile, low cut v-neck black shirt with a hat
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2011, 10:43:42 am »
Most recently, Vanessa has completed material for her fourth studio album, titled Rabbits on the Run, which is scheduled for a soon-to-be-announced 2011 release. Material for this album was produced by Steve Osborne (U2, B-52’s, KT Tunstall), and was recorded in the UK at the well-renowned Real World Studios.

This was part of the info on her facebook page.  I hadn't noticed it before, so I don't know how long it's been there or if someone already posted it!
~Sara~

Jasonm

• Make me high on lullabies
  • A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2011, 12:14:04 pm »
Thanks for the info Sarab! :)

ps I hope she tours in the UK, seen as it was recorded here lol!