Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341438 times)

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #555 on: March 01, 2011, 02:53:36 am »
Don't get my hopes up. :'(
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #556 on: March 01, 2011, 02:56:06 am »
I don't think so because she doesn't own the rights to use the song.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2011, 02:57:14 am »
But what if she redo the song? Make new arrangements and recordings? Is that possible?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2011, 03:30:13 am »

Unless you know some things I don't, we have no idea of what she owns and what she doesn't.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2011, 03:54:03 am »

Unless you know some things I don't, we have no idea of what she owns and what she doesn't.

Was she under contract when she recorded it? If so, then there's a pretty good chance that she doesn't own certain rights to the song. Sure she has SOME rights to it, but I bet she wouldn't be able to just pick it up out of the vault and stick it on any future album.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2011, 05:49:56 am »
Joe bout if she changed it?? Sorry, I have absolutely no idea about this stuff lol.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2011, 06:17:35 am »
Joe bout if she changed it?? Sorry, I have absolutely no idea about this stuff lol.

That's what I think about too. And I don't have any idea about this stuff too.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2011, 06:58:02 am »
I'm not an expert AT ALL and not even a Lisa Loeb fan but I know that she released an album with a record label and shortly after the release left the label and re-released the exact same record on her own label...

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2011, 08:03:09 am »
I'm not an expert AT ALL and not even a Lisa Loeb fan but I know that she released an album with a record label and shortly after the release left the label and re-released the exact same record on her own label...

Yeah, but she had to buy the rights back from her label to be able to do that. I guess Vanessa could have done that, but when I checked just over a year ago Universal still had the rights...

Torey

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:15 am »
Ingrid Michaelson, Vanessa Carlton and Greg Laswell in one video? This is the epitome of "I can't even" in the land of Torey. My heart: it soars. I'm, like, radiating rainbows over here. Guh. <3

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2011, 08:37:01 am »

Yeah, but she had to buy the rights back from her label to be able to do that. I guess Vanessa could have done that, but when I checked just over a year ago Universal still had the rights...

Okay. I don't know but V is so prolific (and always becoming better) that either way, rights or no rights, I doubt she'll ever put an old song on a record. I don't know why. It's a shame for us fans who have been listening to the same recording over and over again. But to Vanessa it was just a performance of a song... :(

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2011, 08:39:51 am »
i guess we should post here too the relase date?

Artist: Vanessa Carlton
Album: Rabbits on the Run
Release Date: June 21
Label: Razor and Tie
Number of Tracks: 10

sources:
http://www.razorandtie.com/news/vanessa-carlton-signs-razor-tie
http://www.facebook.com/vanessacarlton/posts/10150104042401429
http://twitter.com/VanessaCarlton/status/42611789560692736
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:53:46 am by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2011, 08:41:29 am »

Okay. I don't know but V is so prolific (and always becoming better) that either way, rights or no rights, I doubt she'll ever put an old song on a record. I don't know why. It's a shame for us fans who have been listening to the same recording over and over again. But to Vanessa it was just a performance of a song... :(

Well there's definitely a studio version. My guess is it's hidden in the Universal vaults and I doubt it'll ever get to see the light of day. :(

I'd love to hear it in full though because I adore that song.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2011, 09:06:07 am »

Yes I totally agree with you. This is a song I need to hear the studio version of before I die, just like "All Is Well" and the thing she sung on the Irv Gotti show. I hope she will do something like Michelle Branch and give away those songs. But if she has to pay or re-record them... it's less likely:(

Well there's definitely a studio version. My guess is it's hidden in the Universal vaults and I doubt it'll ever get to see the light of day. :(

I'd love to hear it in full though because I adore that song.

KeyboardGuy90

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Release Date Announced (FINALLY!)
« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2011, 12:26:32 pm »
From her official Twitter:

I am humbled to be able to say the following:
Artist: Vanessa Carlton
Album: Rabbits on the Run
Release Date: June 21
Label: Razor and Tie

Dude. I'm so excited.