Author Topic: Vanessa announces she is a proud bisexual  (Read 24793 times)

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa announces she is a proud bisexual
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:27 pm »
That's cool! :) I'm glad she knows what she wants and everything! I did notice the gay/bi/lesbian theme in some videos. I thought that she was very open minded to sexuality, didn't suspect her to be bi but that's great :) Pro Choice ftw! :)

Cute story btw! :) I admire people that are brave enough to hug their fav. people XD Ah well, you have to over come your shyness sometimes :P

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 01:43:29 pm »
Doesn't make a difference to me one way or the other.  I accept people for who they are.  I think that is important.  What's more, I believe that few are 100% straight or gay.

I judge people largely on how they treat me; what they do in the evenings or behind closed doors is their right and none of anyone's business.

Finally, Vanessa's private life has no bearing at all on how I feel about her or her music.  All I hope is that she is happy and continues to make more great music.

Dan/NS

MIssed your post but I totally agree.  All I care about is that she's a good person :D

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 02:27:50 pm »
Saw this on omg! and she's one of the top searches on Yahoo!

Wow. A few years ago I probably wouldn't have agreed with this, but now after meeting all types from the LGBT community and becoming a lover of The L Word (Yay, TiBette!) makes me love her all over again. She may have been rude the last time I saw her in Chicago, but I now have rekindled feelings for V and cannot wait to see her perform again (maybe this time she'll be nicer, like most other times). My heart stopped and then started beating very quickly, she's just a gem and I'm glad she went public for all those who feel they can't, to be able look up to an artist who isn't just your typical straight artist is refreshing. She'll always be my number one lady love. :) Go V!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 02:29:44 pm »
love it! love it! which more reasons I will love her even more!

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 03:29:52 pm »
Exactly. It's so nice to hear how open minded people are especially people you love ya know? :) It makes you respect them more. I had/have a few friends that were/are asexual or gay or bi when I'm straight. They're good(Well not my ex friends).

Maybe now that we're hearing more about Nessa she can update us more soon :P

charmedguy18

Singer Vanessa Carlton a reveals she's 'a proud bisexual woman'
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 06:27:31 pm »
Haha well yay for V for coming out then!
http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/21/vanessa-carlton-bisexual/

Also love the performance here.

Well... She seems like she's out of breath, but it's still awesome nonetheless.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:32:25 pm by charmedguy18 »

charmedguy18

Re: Singer Vanessa Carlton a reveals she's 'a proud bisexual woman'
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 06:50:43 pm »
apparently this is old news oops!

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 07:13:17 pm »
I TOLD YALL
I said "precious ladies, love you, love me"  and "heart of a woman could never be found in the arms of a man" in "Rinse was incredibly gay back on the fullerene boards, but nooo  ::)
Starbuck is mai waifu

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Singer Vanessa Carlton a reveals she's 'a proud bisexual woman'
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:55 pm »
apparently this is old news oops!

I merged it for you. Thanks for the link. I can't believe someone found the video. All the reports I have seen have just been twitter verified.

Holy crap!! The video has over 2,215 views and I just posted it today.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:33:59 pm by eclv »

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »
Everything's been said already, but this is really cool, despite the mean comments on blog sites ("She's just doing it for attention", "Look at me!  I'm straight!").  Whatever.  I guess only us fans know her better than that. 

Anyway, it takes huge amounts of courage to come out as whatever queer person and I don't expect straight people -- well, mainly just the ignorant ones who can't and will not ever understand the difficulty of coming out -- to understand, and now I admire Vanessa even more.  :)
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:44 am »
I respect whatever V declares herself to be. What matters is that she don't do bad things to others. Get it?  ;)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 05:30:41 am »
There's a little article up on the Advocate with a great pic of Vanessa.

Be forewarned, the article has a bit of a slant saying that Vanessa (and other bisexual starlets) is doing it for a bit of attention.

http://advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Features/Girls_Who_Say_They_Like_Girls/
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 07:49:22 am »
I don't see V as one to try to get attention like some other celebs out there. I agree with that statement about at least she isn't hurting others :)

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 08:04:04 am »
Those saying she's attention seeking are idiots.

Attention for what? An album that isn't even out yet? Riiight. And if she did want attention, I'm sure she's smart enough to know coming out as bisexual is hardly controversial or shocking. Signing with The Inc got her more attention than this.

She's an artist that doesn't give a crap about getting her name in the papers or causing controversy for herself. She just wants to make & release music and tour - and that's been evident for years!

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 08:42:36 am »
right - the album isn't even out yet, and despite the optimism of some nessaholics, i have a feeling it'll be months and months. she's not promoting it. and kulp said she didn't even mention the title "rabbits on the run," which one would definitely do if one were pushing for publicity. also, i definitely think it was just v and her intimate/personal-but-not-dramatic, conversational style of doing shows.
formerly fish_for__stars.