Author Topic: What is your favorite VC song to play on piano?  (Read 6557 times)

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
What is your favorite VC song to play on piano?
« on: December 27, 2010, 05:27:43 pm »
Hi guys! I was playing "Half a Week Before The Winter" the other day on the piano, and I was just thinking about how much fun it is to play that song. So, I was wondering what are some of your favorite VC songs to play on piano, and why?
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

nessafan_sa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite VC song to play on piano?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:32:15 pm »
Half a Week is definitely one of my favourites to play. Along with Quail Dude Squaw and Afterglow!  ;D

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:54:10 pm »
Right now, Afterglow and The Wreckage are really fun.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:27:38 pm »
It varies.

I'm playing "Tall Tales for Spring", "London" and "Papa" quite a lot though.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:00:37 pm »
Morning Sting, Hands On Me, Who's to Say, White Houses.

Weird enough, I don't play my own transcriptions.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »
Ordinary Day. It's the only one I know how to though :). I know the main parts to White Houses, San Francisco, and a few other ones. I never really stayed with the piano. I just never had time for. For me, unless I really focus with playing I forgot everything.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26:58 pm »
I think the rift of ATM, White Houses completely (I love how my hands just fall on the keys for this song... :D) and the second verse of Hands on Me!!! (These are the only songs I know how to play tho ;) )!!!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 12:53:32 am »
Afterglow. I've been playing it almost every day since 2006 ;)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 04:52:59 am »
Afterglow, I agree, is a very good song to play on piano. Another favorite of mine, though my keyboard won't do justice to the song.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 03:13:14 pm »
Ooooh, Afterglow is a good one too. Very soothing. I love to play the bridge. It sounds so haunting. Tall Tales is another one of my favorites right now. I try to play it everyday so I can get better at it. Even though it's super repetitive, I love it. I wish I had a real piano too, though. I have a keyboard, and the notes don't sustain for very long, so the songs don't sound as good as they could, but they sound alright in my head. :)
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

LadyLavender

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »
Ooooh, Afterglow is a good one too. Very soothing. I love to play the bridge. It sounds so haunting. Tall Tales is another one of my favorites right now. I try to play it everyday so I can get better at it. Even though it's super repetitive, I love it. I wish I had a real piano too, though. I have a keyboard, and the notes don't sustain for very long, so the songs don't sound as good as they could, but they sound alright in my head. :)

I had that problem with my keyboard, so I bought a pedal for it and the difference is amazing! The songs sounds so much better with it and it only cost like $20.

And I think my favorite song to play is Heroes and Thieves. I recently learned I Don't Wanna Be A Bride on guitar though, and that's really fun too.

jackoajl

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • NessaGagaHolic
    • MSN Messenger - omaralfonsoj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 08:36:45 am »
Ordinary Day and Rinse
I'm walking A Thausand Miles

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:06 pm »
"Ordinary Day" will always be my favourite <3 But I love playing "Home" too..I need to learn "More Than This"! (is there a transcription somewhere?)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 07:27:21 pm »
"Ordinary Day" will always be my favourite <3 But I love playing "Home" too..I need to learn "More Than This"! (is there a transcription somewhere?)

I love playing Ordinary Day too. But when I play it, my right hand plays the voice melody of the song. So it's like an instrumental of it.

I love playing Home and More Than This. But I like to play these with earphones plugged into my ears.

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »

I love playing Ordinary Day too. But when I play it, my right hand plays the voice melody of the song. So it's like an instrumental of it.

I love playing Home and More Than This. But I like to play these with earphones plugged into my ears.

Home was one of the first ones I learned. I still have some trouble with the ending of the outro though, but I try my best.  ;) I've never actually tried to play the piano while listening to the songs though. I sometimes use a metronome to keep me in time. Is there any one song that you guys are proud of being able to play? Even though it's not my favorite song, I'm pretty proud of the fact that I can play A Thousand Miles, because it impresses all my non-V fans for some reason!  :D