Author Topic: ...That New Song! From ROTR Trailer  (Read 32313 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: ...That New Song! From ROTR Trailer
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »
I've just had a brainwave! Okay, so if you have read my last topic (the 'story' wink wink) then you know what the last cough song cough is on the album! AND if you watch the video on VanessaCarlton.com, then you'll see that when they show the edit on the tape, the reel on the left is almost empty, thus being at the end. Last song = end of reel!

Therefore I conclude that the song on the video and what we're all desperate to figure lyrics out to, is In The End :)

OVER AND OUT
Aghhh so smart thinking.... GOOD JOB.

Hmm... Don't they use one reel for each song? Aren't they separated from each other.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 02:29:51 am »
I've just had a brainwave! Okay, so if you have read my last topic (the 'story' wink wink) then you know what the last cough song cough is on the album! AND if you watch the video on VanessaCarlton.com, then you'll see that when they show the edit on the tape, the reel on the left is almost empty, thus being at the end. Last song = end of reel!

Therefore I conclude that the song on the video and what we're all desperate to figure lyrics out to, is In The End :)

OVER AND OUT

Hmm... Don't they use one reel for each song? Aren't they separated from each other.

i should think so, yes.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2011, 07:12:52 am »

OVER AND OUT

i should think so, yes.

If that's the case, then the end of the reel doesn't really correspond that the song being played is the last song in the record. It just means that it is the end of a song, which can either be at the beginning or the end of the record.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Jasonm

• Make me high on lullabies
  • A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 08:15:45 am »
I already finished the sheet music, but I have doubts on posting them. I feel like we should wait for the actual release.

I am so excited to see the sheet music and play it and thats amazing that you figured it out!

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 10:40:59 am »

OVER AND OUT

i should think so, yes.

If that's the case, then the end of the reel doesn't really correspond that the song being played is the last song in the record. It just means that it is the end of a song, which can either be at the beginning or the end of the record.

Well if you look at the reel on the right at 2:29, it says VC Master Tracks. I'd have thought (and really hoped :P) that the song name would be on there, but obviously it isn't. I'd have thought if there were individual reels for each song then they would have had names on :s I'm in the studio sometime soon and they have a tape recorder there, I'll ask the sound technician the protocol on recording to tape :)
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:21 am »
so I didn't even want to reply to this thread, but dammit, it's "Fortune teller's fortune still heard"
>_>

I'm like 98% sure its Fortune tellers....fortunes tell her....

So romantic!!
THANK YOU. I was reading throught this thread and couldn't believe no one else was hearing this haha.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 11:38:52 am »
RIGHT?! Hahaha I thought everyone just ignored me...
Peace
Adriann

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2011, 01:16:08 pm »
I think the song is In the End too. It just sounds like a closing track to me.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »
omg, i'm so in love with this song. i've been watching the video on the website with my head-phones to try and catch another word. i can't wait for this one. i think it's The Marching Line or In The End. and the one that plays while My Morning Jacket guy is playing the drums, i think it's Hear The Bells.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 09:07:30 pm »
and the one that plays while My Morning Jacket guy is playing the drums, i think it's Hear The Bells.

Well, I think that was London. The coda of London.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2011, 01:39:01 am »
and the one that plays while My Morning Jacket guy is playing the drums, i think it's Hear The Bells.

Well, I think that was London. The coda of London.

yeah it can be. but there was a little melody that i was sure it was something new hahah

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2011, 11:05:20 am »
So did we discover that this song was titled "The Marching Line"?
Peace
Adriann

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2011, 11:44:24 am »
Yeah. :)

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2011, 03:37:31 pm »
So did we discover that this song was titled "The Marching Line"?

Yes, you can even hear her sing "join the marching line" in the video, although it's very faint.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 05:25:54 pm »
I cannot get it out of my head, this song is what I'm most excited for!
Peace
Adriann