Author Topic: Orchestra covering Vanessa's music  (Read 2641 times)

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
Orchestra covering Vanessa's music
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:23 am »
Introspect Dance Company will hold auditions for band members from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. March 12 at the D.C. Everest Junior High School and March 19 at the D.C. Everest Senior High School.

The company is looking for male and female vocalists, percussionists, bass players, guitar players, violinists, violist, cellist, saxophone players, trombonists and trumpet players. The musicians will perform music by Billy Joel, Vanessa Carlton, State Radio, Paramore, Dispatch, Norah Jones and Michael Buble for Introspect Dance Company performances in July.

Rehearsals will being in May. For more information or to schedule an audition, e-mail Nate Barr at ntbarr@wisc.edu.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20110304/WDH1002/103040308/Introspect-will-hold-band-auditions

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Billy Joel, Paramore, Norah Jones, Michael Buble. All BIG names in the industry? AND VANESSA'S IN THE LIST!
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa to play with an orchestra?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 05:29:10 am »
If I just don't live in here, I would have already signed up.

Gah, to play along side V, not to mention the other artists, is just...... A dream come true.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:58:36 am »
So is it them performing with the artist or just doing covers?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:41 am »
Oops... Looks like they're just doing covers for a theater play. I researched about the dance company, and here's what I got:

Introspect Dance Company

Introspect is proud to announce their 2010 show "How To Save A Life" will perform at D.C. Everest Senior High July 15-17 at 7:30pm.

"How To Save A Life" follows the lives of eight teens as they try to navigate their way through their turbulent adolescence. The teens become disillusioned with the world around them and their inability to make a difference, so they decide to try and change the world through their own means: music. As the teens begin their work their personal lives soon begin to get in the way. Issues of domestic abuse, depression, drug use, and terminal illness begin to consume the group. They try their best to conceal their personal problems until they encounter with a tragedy that will rock each of their worlds, and force them to face their demons.

"How To Save A Life" is an original work of Introspect Dance Company and will feature over 24 songs by artists such as: John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Coldplay, Genesis, Superchic[k], Sara Bareilles, Simon and Garfunkel, and many more.

Introspect is run and performed by high school-college aged students whose goal is to portray social issues through music and dance. Introspect believes that: We are the future. We are not apathetic, we are driven. We believe the we CAN make a difference, and that each of us is unique. We believe that someday we will change the world... Just give us the chance to grow, and we will out shine your expectations.
http://www.everestarts.org/news.php?id=7

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »
That sounds like a really good program!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 03:48:12 am »
I agree. The title itself already caught my eye.