Author Topic: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)  (Read 94587 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel Music Video
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2011, 01:28:32 pm »
chills @ the 'trampoline' part lol
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2011, 01:44:54 pm »
Yum :D

Honestly, I'm not usually a big fan of music videos - by the time I come across them, I've worked up an image of how the song "looks" in my head so usually I just get disappointed. But that was simple enough to be inoffensive.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2011, 01:55:01 pm »
first time around i was really underwhelmed, though i recognized how incredibly beautiful v is. repeat viewings have thoroughly enchanted me though!

i love that she is always on the move in the video. so thematically significant.

i'm going to choose to believe that the multiple looks/outfits have something to do with being different along the way, along this journey of hers. if that's complete bullshit though, everything she's wearing is nevertheless fantastic! love the hats and the earth tones and that beautiful, transcendent white dress.

for some, it really may take a repeat viewing, and i hope people do give it that. so moody, sweet, and gorgeous.
formerly fish_for__stars.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »
first time around i was really underwhelmed, though i recognized how incredibly beautiful v is. repeat viewings have thoroughly enchanted me though!

i love that she is always on the move in the video. so thematically significant.

i'm going to choose to believe that the multiple looks/outfits have something to do with being different along the way, along this journey of hers. if that's complete bullshit though, everything she's wearing is nevertheless fantastic! love the hats and the earth tones and that beautiful, transcendent white dress.

for some, it really may take a repeat viewing, and i hope people do give it that. so moody, sweet, and gorgeous.

yes, I was underwhelmed as well the first time, except with the bridge, that spoke to me the  most. 
I didn't even think about the constantly on the move thing being that significant, though I did notice it ...thanks for bringing that up, more to contemplate!
~Sara~

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2011, 02:23:18 pm »
LOVE it!

she looks fantastic in this.  hopefully we'll get a hi-res video soon
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:41:17 pm by BWilli »

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2011, 02:49:08 pm »
I cant even...

I LOVE it. She's so beutiful in this. she looks younger almost, if that makes sence. I love all her dresses. This is brilliant. :) ;D ;D ;D

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2011, 03:11:41 pm »
OH MY GOD  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I have just watched it  ;D ;D   Am really loving it
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:14:05 pm by OPENROAD »
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »
I cant get over the fact how beautiful her dress is! the white one!!!
and OMG

the bridge!
where she is jumping! WOW!  :o

maag

« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2011, 03:50:07 pm »
She reminds me of Christine McVie in the 'Little Lies' video. And has anyone noticed that this is the first video where we don't actually see a piano?

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »
I cant even...

I LOVE it. She's so beutiful in this. she looks younger almost, if that makes sence. I love all her dresses. This is brilliant. :) ;D ;D ;D

So agree it was one of the first things that struck me about the video,  and you are right about her dresses, I'm not a huge hat fan, but she pulls it off  :)
cause its following you

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2011, 03:57:15 pm »
Hi, everyone - I've been reading this forum for a looong time (it's where I get all my VC news!), but never posted before - but I just HAVE to make it known how much I love this video!  I was practically convulsing as I watched it for the first time, all of the beautiful imagery, the gorgeous outfits... Vanessa looks great, and I think this understated video fits the song perfectly.  I'm so happy with it! 

She looks really mature, I think.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2011, 04:02:45 pm »
Hi, everyone - I've been reading this forum for a looong time (it's where I get all my VC news!), but never posted before - but I just HAVE to make it known how much I love this video!  I was practically convulsing as I watched it for the first time, all of the beautiful imagery, the gorgeous outfits... Vanessa looks great, and I think this understated video fits the song perfectly.  I'm so happy with it! 

She looks really mature, I think.

Welcome aboard :)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2011, 04:20:32 pm »
HA I was about to go to Target when I checked my tweets on my phone as I was walking out. I saw all the tweets about the video. I RAN back into my room and watchedddd! :D its well its amazing. :D

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

georgina

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2011, 05:31:00 pm »
why the hell isnt it on her vevo on youtube yet?? I wanna see it in better quality! it says its uploaded but not available in my country?

its so effing gorgeous, btw. love love love.

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2011, 05:39:42 pm »
why the hell isnt it on her vevo on youtube yet?? I wanna see it in better quality! it says its uploaded but not available in my country?

its so effing gorgeous, btw. love love love.

Same here in Ireland  :( hope that changes soon
cause its following you