Author Topic: Dear California, Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks  (Read 52247 times)

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
My friend who works at Starbucks just informed me, that they will most likely have a whole day for V, when her album drops. Super rad!

That's awesome!!!

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
My friend who works at Starbucks just informed me, that they will most likely have a whole day for V, when her album drops. Super rad!

THAT'S AWESOME

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit bummed about those Starbucks songs. I just came back from NYC but didn't really have time to spend a whole day at Starbucks to (eventually) hear the songs.

Sure, the album is just one month away but it's a bit frustrating being a Nessaholic for all these years and not being amongst the first to hear new material... :-\
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Nessaholic4Ever

• MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit bummed about those Starbucks songs. I just came back from NYC but didn't really have time to spend a whole day at Starbucks to (eventually) hear the songs.

Sure, the album is just one month away but it's a bit frustrating being a Nessaholic for all these years and not being amongst the first to hear new material... :-\

I couldn't agree more.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email

That's what I'm saying man!  Is it great exposure? Yes.  Am I happy for this and her? YES.  But am I happy that we didn't get a first look or that the songs are already released ones? NO.  It's especially hypocritical because who ever it was that didn't want a LIST of songs up is okay with the ACTUAL SONGS being out there.  Just frustrating and annoying!
~Sara~

Bruised

• View Profile

That's what I'm saying man!  Is it great exposure? Yes.  Am I happy for this and her? YES.  But am I happy that we didn't get a first look or that the songs are already released ones? NO.  It's especially hypocritical because who ever it was that didn't want a LIST of songs up is okay with the ACTUAL SONGS being out there.  Just frustrating and annoying!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
so i was going to ask razor & tie about this and see if we get something, but they seem to be running from us hahaha. not a single tweet since may 17th.

remixx

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
heard Carousel in Starbucks a few days ago... typical that i would hear the one song we all already have

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
I went in to Starbucks today (no, I still didn't order anything) and heard nothing Vanessa.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
so i was going to ask razor & tie about this and see if we get something, but they seem to be running from us hahaha. not a single tweet since may 17th.

LOL. Maybe they realized how persistent we are

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
By the way, is Dear California a piano-driven song or another guitar ballad?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email

GUITAR BALLAD.  from what I could hear anyway.  Yes, I'm a hypocrite too.  I'm staking out Starbucks even though I don't condone the songs being in here in the first place.  Anyway, I just got my hairs cut, had to go to the bank, came to Starbucks, placed my order and as I was waiting I hear this guitar, I think, " I wonder if this could be Vanessa" so I strain to hear, as they are making the drinks and it's loud and the music seems kind of low.  So I make my way closer to the speaker and I hear this angelic voice.  My heart skips a beat, I smile (people may have started thinking I'm crazy at this point) I take the closest table and sure enough, it's her.  It's Dear California.  But it's the middle of the song and I can barely hear :(  What I could hear was "california, love me while I'm leaving" over and over, lots of guitar and some drums, still that dreamy quality though.  I couldn't hear very well, there are a lot of people here.  So, I'm still going to set up shop and wait to hear if it comes on again or if one of the others comes on!! Very excited
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile

GUITAR BALLAD.  from what I could hear anyway.  Yes, I'm a hypocrite too.  I'm staking out Starbucks even though I don't condone the songs being in here in the first place.  Anyway, I just got my hairs cut, had to go to the bank, came to Starbucks, placed my order and as I was waiting I hear this guitar, I think, " I wonder if this could be Vanessa" so I strain to hear, as they are making the drinks and it's loud and the music seems kind of low.  So I make my way closer to the speaker and I hear this angelic voice.  My heart skips a beat, I smile (people may have started thinking I'm crazy at this point) I take the closest table and sure enough, it's her.  It's Dear California.  But it's the middle of the song and I can barely hear :(  What I could hear was "california, love me while I'm leaving" over and over, lots of guitar and some drums, still that dreamy quality though.  I couldn't hear very well, there are a lot of people here.  So, I'm still going to set up shop and wait to hear if it comes on again or if one of the others comes on!! Very excited

Lucky you! Effort does pay off. (: Thanks for sharing.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email

Lucky you! Effort does pay off. (: Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't believe it was the first song on, could have been on when I walked in even.  If I hadn't forgotten to go the bank and had to turn around, I might have gotten a better table and a full listen! But something is better than nothing.  On the other hand, we shouldn't have to troll Starbucks just to listen to her.
~Sara~

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
My whole impression of the promotion thus far---including the tour---is a kind of test-market, wait and see approach, which I do understand; wallets are tighter than ever in the music biz.

Wouldn't it have been nice, though, if Vanessa and the powers that be offered us fans, some of us here almost TEN FRICKIN' YEARS, through good times and bad, a small listening party for the album?  We are not the people who would illegally distribute her album and it would have been great publicity, so why not another fan gathering ala Pleased To Meet You?

It could have been done anywhere in NYC for not a lot of money, maybe play the album on a great system, then maybe a Q&A and meet and greet for fans afterward?  I know some of these posts get back to her and perhaps she even lurks here.  Maybe this was already thought of and got the kibbosh?

Maybe next time....?   

Dan/NS