Author Topic: Dear California, Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks  (Read 52230 times)

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
AMAZING!

IDWBAB shows such great growth in V as a songwriter. Beautiful finale too. :)

Dear California wasnt really my thing for the first few listens. But man has it grown on me. I'm singing it everywhere!

FF I'm not sure about. Am I the only one who really prefers her original live version from Hotel Cafe? I must have played that version 100s of times and I think it was perfect. I also much prefer how she sung the phase "Fairweather Friends" at the end in the original. I suppose she thought it was a work in progress. I'm sure the new one will grow on me though.

Overall I'm SO STOKED!!!! :)

The only thing I like in the new version of FF is the accompaniment, which makes it more catchy for me. I like the lyrics and the "feeling" in the first one though. They're more...upbeat than morose.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
I was in my local Starbucks today during a quiet time (around 6:15pm) and sadly they were not playing *any* music.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
AMAZING!

IDWBAB shows such great growth in V as a songwriter. Beautiful finale too. :)

Dear California wasnt really my thing for the first few listens. But man has it grown on me. I'm singing it everywhere!

FF I'm not sure about. Am I the only one who really prefers her original live version from Hotel Cafe? I must have played that version 100s of times and I think it was perfect. I also much prefer how she sung the phase "Fairweather Friends" at the end in the original. I suppose she thought it was a work in progress. I'm sure the new one will grow on me though.

Overall I'm SO STOKED!!!! :)

For Sure not. I LOVED the Hotel Cafe premiere of FF. I feel like...the lyrics flowed better. But maybe it's because I've listened to that version so many times it's ridiculous.
Peace
Adriann

SilverIchor

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Who'd hear of brave deeds when he's ashamed of his
    • View Profile
Ok, the only Starbucks by me is in a Barnes and Noble. Would they still play it there?

Granted, I have heard all the songs, I just would like to experience listening to it in public, since that kind of thing hardly ever happens.
"Sometimes, even strength has to bow down to wisdom" - Rick Riordan