Author Topic: Dear California, Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks  (Read 52293 times)

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 10:28:52 pm »
I'm gonna go to Starbucks and just sit there all day. lol no joke.

I was thinking the same thing!  I'm also thinking, how come they have it before the CD is even out??  I would think they'd at least not play them until the CD was out.  Does anyone have an idea on why this would be "allowed" so to speak? and we weren't even allowed to post track lists?? It just doesn't make sense to me.  

I wonder if they have the whole CD, or if those are just two songs they picked. Perhaps the "better" more easily liked songs. But yeah, I agree, I don't get why we wouldn't be allowed to post tracklists. I can only think that maybe this is something the label did and it's fairly new. A different way of promoting her I guess. Whatever it is, this is really awesome.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 12:33:28 am »
I'm gonna go to Starbucks and just sit there all day. lol no joke.

I was thinking the same thing!  I'm also thinking, how come they have it before the CD is even out??  I would think they'd at least not play them until the CD was out.  Does anyone have an idea on why this would be "allowed" so to speak? and we weren't even allowed to post track lists?? It just doesn't make sense to me.  

I wonder if they have the whole CD, or if those are just two songs they picked. Perhaps the "better" more easily liked songs. But yeah, I agree, I don't get why we wouldn't be allowed to post tracklists. I can only think that maybe this is something the label did and it's fairly new. A different way of promoting her I guess. Whatever it is, this is really awesome.

Maybe those two will be the next singles? Hmm.... But whatever their reason for putting these two songs, I know that it is for the good.
I agree.

I think I might need to take in some caffeine into my system. And for someone who does not drink coffee, let alone Starbucks virgin, that means a lot.  ;D

No Starbucks ever?? How do you survive!

None. EVER.

Hahahahahahaha! I'm not a coffee person, actually. And to think of it, I can't remember when was the last time I drank coffee....  ;D

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 12:38:49 am »
What the...

How random, lol.

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 12:49:41 am »
I was reading up on the CD players used at Starbucks, and they run on harddrives. Meaning as soon as you insert a CD it will rip it to it's harddrive. I also found out if you have an audio jack you can plug that into the back of the CD player and possibly plug it into a recording device, if you are bothered to go to that much effort (and if your boss doesn't mind!)  :P

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:49 am »
What the...

How random, lol.

You're not the only one weirded out.  :D

Well, I already had a feeling that the album would leak in some way.

But not through STARBUCKS, of all places. :))

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 05:59:10 am »
This is so exciting. But now it introduces the dilemma of whether or not I have the will power to not listen before I have the whole cd  :-\

This also makes me so jealous, because fans sit around waiting on every word for new music and news, and then random people who didn't even care what they were listening to got to hear two new songs before us if they happened to be in Starbucks. :( Good exposure, but still, it's such a weird way to debut the songs.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:10:33 am by Bruised »

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 06:39:00 am »
I was just in Starbucks the night before last! I didn't hear any music playing, let alone Nessa's. Oh, if only I could've heard FWF or IDWBAB, it would've made up for that disgusting strawberry Frappa-what-the-hell-ever drink I ordered.  ::)

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 06:47:49 am »
I went in again to early early this morning so I could play them loud. The lyric change in the chorus of Bride really makes the song.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 07:00:12 am »
Oh my god, this is amazing! Is there any way you could ask to borrow the cd for an evening to rip the tracks? or even bring a laptop into work and do it quickly during a break? the whole NH community would be forever indebted to you! Can't wait to hear them eitherway :D

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 07:01:04 am »
Did you manage to record anything?

They play "Ordinary Day" in my store, but they have someone else singing it (apparently the company saves £500k a year just by having someone else sing it).

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 07:13:33 am »
I don't think we personally have the CD's that go on the playlist. Pretty sure that's corporates doing.

Also, I don't think I have a recording device, but I might. If someone could explain step by step what to do(technologically stupid) then I can do my absolute best to record it (if it's allowed here, I don't know if I'm allowed to post the actual recordings on this website)!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 07:14:35 am »
This is so exciting. But now it introduces the dilemma of whether or not I have the will power to not listen before I have the whole cd  :-\

This also makes me so jealous, because fans sit around waiting on every word for new music and news, and then random people who didn't even care what they were listening to got to hear two new songs before us if they happened to be in Starbucks. :( Good exposure, but still, it's such a weird way to debut the songs.

am I the only one slightly outraged about this??  I don't think it's the slightest bit cool.  Maybe AFTER the record release for exposure but now?  When we don't even have it ????
And I used to NEVER go to starbucks because I think it's way too expensive and the coffee is too strong for me.  I don't drink coffee either so I have a the green tea latte (usually iced, because the warm one tastes like grass).
~Sara~

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 07:16:20 am »
No, I was a little pissed as well. I think it is absolutely fantastic that Starbucks is playing her music. It really is a great way for exposure. HOWEVER the fact that we have been waiting for so long, literally three years for FWF and now it's being played at starbucks? I would feel better if Razor and Tie would just tweet and tell people that her music is playing at Starbucks.

The playlists at work literally have hundreds of songs on them. It was lucky that I even managed to hear them.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:27 am »
I think there's nothing illegal (well maybe not NOTHING but it for sure isn't illegal) since you can go to your local Starbucks and hear them, it's like ripping a song that you've heard on radio. it's legal. And we're all gonna buy the record anyway, it'll be bad quality but a nice sneak peak for us V fan :) let me tell you you're very lucky!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »
TWO STUDIO SONGS FLOATING AROUND STARBUCKS? OMG, CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT.
PRETTY PLEEEASE, RECORD IT FOR US, PLEASE, PLEASE