Author Topic: Dear California, Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks  (Read 52208 times)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Kulp, you are my savior!! Thanks so much!

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
*Squees*

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm downloading them right now :D  lol, "starbucks rip", hehe

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Wow, so much happened in 1 day! Thanks Kulpy for the "starbucks rip" (LOL) and whoever else posted the 1:28 previews as well!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

coyote_revolver

• View Profile
Dear California is kinda like a Marit Larsen song  :o  catchy/upbeat, but with sad/melancholic lyrics

SparksFly

• View Profile
I present to you all, the benefits of being an active member of this message board & a NESSAholic.

of course please keep in mind these were recorded INSIDE a Starbucks.

(also, I cannot and do not take full credit for this :P)
you might need to turn your volume way up, this is probably the best that can be done until we get the official-official album versions.

Fairweather Friends: http://www.mediafire.com/?pen1ac517ow3tau

Dear California: http://www.mediafire.com/?1gyqnqqis1k5in8

I Don't Want to Be a Bride: http://www.mediafire.com/?0dd83s8j1j5f3na

ENJOY!
also, if you share, please make the notes I made, we don't want people thinking these are straight from the album lol these are the "starbucks rips"
Just wondering Kulp, how did you manage to rip the audio? It's almost so clear lol. Did you record near a speaker or was it blasting there? :P

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email

I present to you all, the benefits of being an active member of this message board & a NESSAholic.

of course please keep in mind these were recorded INSIDE a Starbucks.

(also, I cannot and do not take full credit for this :P)
you might need to turn your volume way up, this is probably the best that can be done until we get the official-official album versions.

Fairweather Friends: http://www.mediafire.com/?pen1ac517ow3tau

Dear California: http://www.mediafire.com/?1gyqnqqis1k5in8

I Don't Want to Be a Bride: http://www.mediafire.com/?0dd83s8j1j5f3na

ENJOY!
also, if you share, please make the notes I made, we don't want people thinking these are straight from the album lol these are the "starbucks rips"

THANK YOU!!  ;D

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
This made my day!  Much appreciation goes to KULPDOGG!
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Dear California is kinda like a Marit Larsen song  :o  catchy/upbeat, but with sad/melancholic lyrics

Love "If a song could get me you"  ;)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

SparksFly

• View Profile
Does http://starbucks.yahoo.com play the songs?

If anyone wants to try, you can use Audio Hijack Pro on Mac to rip the sound from your computer. We'd have a good quality of the song lol. Just a suggestion if anyone wants to do that. You can only listen to the online radio using Starbuck's WIFI though. So, you'd have to actually go to the store. Audio Hijack will rip the song.

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dear California is wayyy too cute, catchy and radio-friendly to not be a single. Not that I care whether VC makes it to charts again.

IDWTBAB is wow a trite but still decently catchy.

I'm not getting FF just yet. it reminds me A LOT of H&T.

anw melody wise, these 3 songs are so different than Carousel and the supposed vibe of the album. Compared to Carousel they are energetic and robust. I was kinda expecting a dreamy soothing and fantasy sound but I guess VC still retains some commercial elements (IDWTBAB and DC got me hooked the seconds the songs start!)

oh my effing god, finally Vanessa, finally. 4 years.

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
I'm really anticipating the album more than ever now. And this is what I get for listening to the songs early. ._. Still well worth it.

FWF: This song has definitely grown on me. It's catchy, and I'm hoping it's the next single some time.
IDWAB: Haunting at first, lulling as it goes on. It definitely still give me that sense of yearning. I absolutely LOVE the bridge/ending! ♥
Dear California: It's so upbeat. :D It reminds me of Queen's "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon." At least, I get the same vibe from it. (There's your potentially commercial song Perez.)
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

thosewhorun

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMAZING!

IDWBAB shows such great growth in V as a songwriter. Beautiful finale too. :)

Dear California wasnt really my thing for the first few listens. But man has it grown on me. I'm singing it everywhere!

FF I'm not sure about. Am I the only one who really prefers her original live version from Hotel Cafe? I must have played that version 100s of times and I think it was perfect. I also much prefer how she sung the phase "Fairweather Friends" at the end in the original. I suppose she thought it was a work in progress. I'm sure the new one will grow on me though.

Overall I'm SO STOKED!!!! :)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMAZING!

IDWBAB shows such great growth in V as a songwriter. Beautiful finale too. :)

Dear California wasnt really my thing for the first few listens. But man has it grown on me. I'm singing it everywhere!

FF I'm not sure about. Am I the only one who really prefers her original live version from Hotel Cafe? I must have played that version 100s of times and I think it was perfect. I also much prefer how she sung the phase "Fairweather Friends" at the end in the original. I suppose she thought it was a work in progress. I'm sure the new one will grow on me though.

Overall I'm SO STOKED!!!! :)

for a while I didn't realize there was another version. lol.  The original was the only one I had on disc that I listened to in the car.
~Sara~

SparksFly

• View Profile
Just listened to the original. I also like the the way she sang "fairweather friend" at the end too and the last little piano notes she does.

coyote_revolver

• View Profile

Love "If a song could get me you"  ;)

Me too! Have you listened to her 'Under the Surface' album? it's amazing :D