Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Part 2 New Release Date 07.26.11  (Read 102265 times)

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »
Ugh.. not another delayed album release for VC? I hope at least 1 format stays on schedule for June 21... Confusion can hurt her record sales...
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »
Confusion can hurt her record sales...

Exactly! God they cannot do this after confirming the June 21st date months ago. It's been spread around the internet and social media so much now and people know that as the date. It's when people's interest will peak, and casual fans will overlook coming back to buy it a month later if it's not available. R&T might not want to do this, we don't know whats going on behind the scenes with distribution/legality but I really hope we get at least the digital on the original date V announced in March. Why would they send her on tour if the record's not out?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:58:10 pm by TRINIST »

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 07:24:58 pm »
Yeah, the tour just seems odd now...what is she going to be promoting?? Her upcoming record?  Seems dumb since she's already played half of the record @ one-off's for over 2 years.  I really hope it doesn't delay the digital release but it looks like were gonna have to wait two months for the music.  Wonder if they will cancel all but the NYC shows?
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 10:53:17 pm »
I don't know why they've changed things around. Everything was going smoothly - anticipation for the album was getting bigger, Vanessa has sold out shows, critics who already heard the album love it, etc. It must be something big to cause them to push it back an extra month. They need to tell the fans what's up ASAP.

So just to check, Vanessa's songs are already being played in Starbucks, she's going on tour to promote an album that isn't even out yet & that her audience haven't heard and the sheet music book will be available before the album?

Well that's smart... ???

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 04:58:58 am »
I guess we shouldn't be too mad until Razor & Tie confirms or denies this on Twitter or FB. Maybe the July 26th date is a mix-up with the sheet music book release date? (this is usually released later than the album itself)

I do hope digital and physical releases will be simultaneous because there's no way I'm buying digital cr*p! I won't freak out until this is confirmed though.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 09:00:22 am »
I guess we shouldn't be too mad until Razor & Tie confirms or denies this on Twitter or FB. Maybe the July 26th date is a mix-up with the sheet music book release date? (this is usually released later than the album itself)

I do hope digital and physical releases will be simultaneous because there's no way I'm buying digital cr*p! I won't freak out until this is confirmed though.

yeah, that's what I said too.  I also don't want to get too hyped up until it's confirmed!
~Sara~

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011, 09:46:11 am »
Vanessa just confirmed it herself on twitter. WTF.
Peace
Adriann

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2011, 09:51:04 am »
OMG    :'(
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2011, 10:02:30 am »
Well, I would think she will still be playing the concerts already scheduled SO, we WILL have music by June (22?when the VA concert is) anyway because I'm sure the nessaholics going to the concerts will be recording. So we will have SOMETHING.
~Sara~

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2011, 10:04:15 am »
It would have been nice if she offered an explanation to the people who not only pre-ordered her album (myself included) but stood by her over the years (again, myself included) as to why they won't be getting her album/their purchase on the day they're expecting. It might "sound good" to her, but I'm kinda upset about this.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 10:08:39 am »
It would have been nice if she offered an explanation to the people who not only pre-ordered her album (myself included) but stood by her over the years (again, myself included) as to why they won't be getting her album/their purchase on the day they're expecting. It might "sound good" to her, but I'm kinda upset about this.

I think I just died a little.
~Sara~

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2011, 10:12:52 am »
Yeah, she just confirmed the new July 26th release. Man, I'm BUMMED!  :(
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 10:21:29 am »
I'm not sure what the rules are regarding language, but... I'm pretty fucking pissed off about the album being moved back a whole month.  And based on tweets we've seen from her and others, clearly the album is DONE so I don't really understand this at all.  Grrrrrr.

I tweeted razor and tie: "@razorandtie @VanessaCarlton's album pushed back a whole month??  You've got some 'splainin' to do..."

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2011, 10:23:33 am »
I'm not sure what the rules are regarding language, but... I'm pretty fucking pissed off about the album being moved back a whole month.  And based on tweets we've seen from her and others, clearly the album is DONE so I don't really understand this at all.  Grrrrrr.

I tweeted razor and tie: "@razorandtie @VanessaCarlton's album pushed back a whole month??  You've got some 'splainin' to do..."

yea, we need something more than just it's coming out July 26 and it's good.  oh yeah, and all these people have already listened to it and are reviewing it, rubbing in your face.  then there are songs playing at starbucks so if you want to waste your days sitting there all day for the CHANCE to hear the songs, go ahead!!
~Sara~

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2011, 11:19:51 am »
:(  This is terrible. I don't wan't to get too sad, because spilt milk isn't it. Nothing we can do but wait...
And only 250 Vinyls? I better be able to get one of those bad boys.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:22:12 am by TRINIST »