Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Part 2 New Release Date 07.26.11  (Read 102330 times)

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
Re: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2011, 12:44:12 pm »
I'm going to combust. I need this album now.  :'(

Same :( I love a lot of music but, call me crazy, V is like a drug for me. Something about her gets right into my veins.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:47:02 pm by TRINIST »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:33 pm »

Same :( I love a lot of music but, call me crazy, V is like a drug for me. Something about her gets right into my veins.

yeah, this feeling is so weird. it's like we're childrens winning for candy to our parents, but in this case here our parents won't give us candy. i feel stuck, i don't know. there's nothing we can do but wait.

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2011, 12:52:20 pm »
I am so excited! I am not having an earthquake experience, but the album sounds amazing! This is definitely a hodgepog album! Haha. Love the sounds of fairweather friends and marching line. But the whole thing sounds amazing.:) Can't wait!
Five minutes later: earthquake experience! Aching for album! :) I am pumped!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:00:41 pm by Byoungforever »
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »

yeah, this feeling is so weird. it's like we're childrens winning for candy to our parents, but in this case here our parents won't give us candy. i feel stuck, i don't know. there's nothing we can do but wait.

As dramatic as it sounds i feel the same. Few artists make me feel the way she does. Well no, lets correct that tbh, few THINGS in this world make me feel the way her music does. Not saddnes, not happiness, its another unique kind of feeling. Cheesy but true.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »
Lyrics?

Get Good:
…moonlight
Or have you lost your constellation eyes
You could give it time
I wish I could be there, wish I could make it right
Don't you worry, you'll soon be on the mend
That's no trick, that flick of radiance
You'll feel…

Hear the Bells:
…no one ever comes
Kneel and pray to a grey stone
But the grey (grave?) stone never tells
Hear the bells
Hear the bells
December crossing of the…

In The End:
…And in the end
We begin again…

The Marching Line:
….clouds, like cathedrals
The night hits the sea
And I walk to the highline
Ships gonna take me at midnight
The storm sounding out like an overture
It's time to join the marching line…

Dear California:
…Whether in my thoughts
On the roof sneaking a cigarette
Dear California
It's been nice to know ya
Tell me will you miss me when I'm gone
Cause he loves me as I leave
So I've gotta go
But not in companies when you feel most
And you keep my memory...

Bruised

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2011, 01:25:43 pm »
It's so crazy hearing The Marching Line for the first time because I've listened to the Four Elements video so many times, that I knew it, but I didn't know it lol

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »
YOU GUYS I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the songs we had already heard a million times sound like new ones :')

Now how I am supposed to concentrate to study for my chemistry exam?!

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »
Based on those I can't see this out doing Harmonim or Heroes & Thieves to me. Though these albums are both exceptional, and in saying that "Rabbits" will probably still be a favorite of mine. Tall Tales for Spring and Fair Weather Friends are the two I'm enjoying the most, but I can see myself enjoying them all.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »
I am stuck at work but will listen shortly. Thanks for the heads up & for the tweet @Nhdotcom :)

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2011, 01:44:25 pm »
Haha I must be in the minority, because while I was listening to them (thanks so much TRINIST for posting!) all I could think about was "damn, these would sound SO good if they were produced more like Heroes and Thieves."  For me that's just the best album she's had, I love every song and I thought the album as a whole had a really great sound, so I kinda wish all of the songs I've heard up to now - like "Fairweather Friend" and "I Don't Want to Be a Bride" - were produced that way since that was how I was imagining them.  Different strokes for different folks, right?

Still, some of these sound REALLY great.  In particular, I loved "Dear California" immediately, and "Tall Tales for Spring" and "Get Good" were standouts as well.  "Fairweather Friend" isn't quite the way I wanted it to sound, but it's still good.

Argh, so excited!

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »
Haha I must be in the minority, because while I was listening to them (thanks so much TRINIST for posting!) all I could think about was "damn, these would sound SO good if they were produced more like Heroes and Thieves."  For me that's just the best album she's had, I love every song and I thought the album as a whole had a really great sound, so I kinda wish all of the songs I've heard up to now - like "Fairweather Friend" and "I Don't Want to Be a Bride" - were produced that way since that was how I was imagining them.  Different strokes for different folks, right?

Still, some of these sound REALLY great.  In particular, I loved "Dear California" immediately, and "Tall Tales for Spring" and "Get Good" were standouts as well.  "Fairweather Friend" isn't quite the way I wanted it to sound, but it's still good.

Argh, so excited!

See? Me personally i "dislike" the production on H&T, too popish, too many instruments, etc for my taste. But yeah :)
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

fizzybubblespop

• http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2011, 01:49:41 pm »
I'm currently listening to the clips over and over again. Even though they are so short, I think I can say that this will be my favorite album to date. It has the same magic as Harmonium, and a dreaminess reminiscent of 'She Floats', which was previously my favorite of Vanessa's songs.

Two, however, caught me very off-guard. I was expecting 'I Don't Want to Be a Bride' to sound bolder, and 'Tall Tales for Spring' to sound a bit softer. But I think I like them better this way; it makes them more unique.

I can't decide which song is my favorite; I'll probably be able to once the album is out (in way too long :'( ). I love this whole album so much.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »

As dramatic as it sounds i feel the same. Few artists make me feel the way she does. Well no, lets correct that tbh, few THINGS in this world make me feel the way her music does. Not saddnes, not happiness, its another unique kind of feeling. Cheesy but true.

connected.  It makes me feel like there is someone out there who gets it. who gets me.  And like others have said, makes you feel like HOME.  Her voice, her sound, something about it just wraps around the heart, mind, and soul.  It doesn't smother, but it doesn't let you go either. 
~Sara~

Bruised

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »
Two, however, caught me very off-guard. I was expecting 'I Don't Want to Be a Bride' to sound bolder, and 'Tall Tales for Spring' to sound a bit softer. But I think I like them better this way; it makes them more unique.

I agree about IDWTBAB, I was expecting to love it and have it instantly be my favorite, but in all the clips, it gets kind of lost. I think once we hear the whole thing it will have more room to shine.

barefootonbeaches

• Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2011, 02:04:55 pm »
"In the End" reminds me "Time" by Hans Zimmer from the Inception soundtrack. In the movie, this track was even slowed down during the elevator sequence
(at 1:57:50 if you have the DVD/Blu-Ray)

Oh, yeah! I was thinking that, or maybe some of darker stuff from the LOST soundtrack by Michael Giacchino. Because I didn't hear vocals til the end, I was kind of hoping it might be an all instrumental piece. I would totally love that. An all instrumental studio-quality piece.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(