Author Topic: 06/22/11: Jammin Java - Vienna, VA (review)  (Read 26012 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Re: 06/22/11: Jammin Java - Vienna, VA (review)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »
Park West in Chicago and The Rave here in Milwaukee are pretty notorious for pat downs and wanding. They took my pen once at The Rave.  :(
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 03:46:53 pm »
Park West in Chicago and The Rave here in Milwaukee are pretty notorious for pat downs and wanding. They took my pen once at The Rave.  :(

wow, but surely they wouldn't take your smartphone off you? I'm thinking things might be a little less strict in the UK
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 03:49:25 pm »
It's a little bit more difficult to be discrete with a smartphone than it is a camera since you can turn off the back display, but yeah I doubt they'd take your phone. I actually meant House of Blues in Chicago did patdowns, but Park West always has security roaming and looking for cameras.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 03:52:47 pm »
It's a little bit more difficult to be discrete with a smartphone than it is a camera since you can turn off the back display, but yeah I doubt they'd take your phone. I actually meant House of Blues in Chicago did patdowns, but Park West always has security roaming and looking for cameras.

To be honest the only reason I would bring a camera is on the off chance of actually getting to meet her, though suppose you could take a photo with your smartphone.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 05:15:26 pm »
they searched my bag at the show I went to in NC, I told the lady I wouldn't use my flip camera (but I did, hehe) they didn't enforce though, like this venue seemed to have.
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »
Great show first show I've been to in a shopping center LOL but that wasn't a bad thing.For those of us who arrived at 6pm or before and were near the door we got to hear some of her sound check while the door was getting new lettering.Small venue seats about 200 they had it set up like a standard concert venue.I was lucky enough to wind up  second row center not bad

Hey, I think I was sitting next to you! I was the red head :)
I got there pretty early about six so I got pretty good seats. Second row in the middle and the stage was very close. I say this after every V show I attend, but that was the best show and the best that V has ever sounded. She was adorable and funny. I loved hearing Fools Like Me on the Rhodes. It was so soft and pretty and I was fighting back tears, as I was for most of the show. I was so happy that she ended the show with "Marching Line" too. Mostly the crowd was very well behaved and no talked during her playing. Some dude in the back towards the end of the show kept shouting "Play Marching Line!" and when she went this is my last song and it's called "London" the guy went "UGHH!" really loud. She laughed and said something like, "You know I usually come out and do an encore so just be patient. By the way, the encores are never real. It's never because you clap, we planned on coming back out anyway" LOL. Also it was cute when she forgot the lyrics to "Get Good" and someone called out the lyrics to her. 
I got a signed poster too. Mine was number 7. I also got a set list from Mark after the show. I really wanted to stay so badly after to meet her again but I had a hungry husband on my hands so I had to go. I get two more chances in NY next week! Just out of curiosity, did she come back out in the club or outside?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »
Hey, I think I was sitting next to you! I was the red head :)
I got there pretty early about six so I got pretty good seats. Second row in the middle and the stage was very close. I say this after every V show I attend, but that was the best show and the best that V has ever sounded. She was adorable and funny. I loved hearing Fools Like Me on the Rhodes. It was so soft and pretty and I was fighting back tears, as I was for most of the show. I was so happy that she ended the show with "Marching Line" too. Mostly the crowd was very well behaved and no talked during her playing. Some dude in the back towards the end of the show kept shouting "Play Marching Line!" and when she went this is my last song and it's called "London" the guy went "UGHH!" really loud. She laughed and said something like, "You know I usually come out and do an encore so just be patient. By the way, the encores are never real. It's never because you clap, we planned on coming back out anyway" LOL. Also it was cute when she forgot the lyrics to "Get Good" and someone called out the lyrics to her. 
I got a signed poster too. Mine was number 7. I also got a set list from Mark after the show. I really wanted to stay so badly after to meet her again but I had a hungry husband on my hands so I had to go. I get two more chances in NY next week! Just out of curiosity, did she come back out in the club or outside?

hahahaahha great moments these were, i guess. it seems like it was a very comforting, intimate show.

laxbrah826

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 06:06:17 pm »
Damn. I'm kinda pissed that I didn't stay after to meet her....f*@k...!

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 06:08:44 pm »
Oh ya... does anyone know how many posters there were? I really want to get one when I go... haha... :)

How much were they?
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 06:14:17 pm »
Oh ya... does anyone know how many posters there were? I really want to get one when I go... haha... :)

How much were they?

lol brian, you beat me to it!
~Sara~

Byoungforever

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 06:16:00 pm »

How much were they?

lol brian, you beat me to it!

:)

peace!
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 06:16:18 pm »
Lol @ the guy shouting for "Marching Line".

Makes a change for people shouting for "A Thousand Miles".

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
The posters were $25.

They had a small stack at this show but I'm betting they just have a certain amount they bring out at every show.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:33:09 pm by Arwen »

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »
The posters were $25.

They had a small stack at this show but I'm betting they just have a certain amount they bring out at every show.
[/quote

oh, thanks!  good to know so i have enough cash on hand
~Sara~

Byoungforever

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 07:23:14 pm »
The posters were $25.

Thanks! I'll be sure to get there early and grab one! :)