Author Topic: Vanessa on Conan O'Brien 08/17/11  (Read 46164 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: Vanessa on Conan O'Brien 08/17/11
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 05:45:17 am »
michellebranch Michelle Branch
I love how I keep getting told I was great on Conan tonight. That wasn't me! It was my pal @vanessacarlton with her beautiful new album :)

She's awesome :)

Ahahaha that is awesome.  I really like both of them!

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2011, 06:02:33 am »
this is great! I agree the choir were turned down to but overall fantastic performance!  ;D

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2011, 06:03:34 am »
HD 720p (4:36 - 150Mb - mkv)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d7o7suuf3n4x6jo

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2011, 06:04:58 am »
Here are some tweets from people watching Conan last night:

holytaco Holy Taco
Listening to Vanessa Carlton on Conan. It's like listening to a girl on a piano beat the shit out of me with a song that sucks real bad

Vanessa Carlton was on Conan and she didn't perform A Thousand Miles or White Houses...#disappointed

childs72 Dustin Adam Childs
vanessa carlton Just Killed the Conan O Tonight Show REAL TALK

ohohandshewas Rachel Semigran
Is anyone else watching @ConanOBrien right now and thinking Vanessa Carlton looks like a hipster version of @Sn00ki ?

tgrant20 Tom Grant
Vanessa Carlton on Conan? #IsIt2003?

ok_get_serious Gottabe Kiddingme
Right now, Vanessa Carlton is doing something almost like singing, surrounded by awkward little girls who can almost clap in rhythm. #fail

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2011, 06:06:13 am »
I don't like it.....

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:02 am »
Ehhhhhhhh.....  :(

These people don't know what their talking about.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2011, 06:22:15 am »
I don't get it.  Why would you intentionally post a bunch of mean comments about Vanessa Carlton on a Vanessa Carlton fansite?  Like, why do you want to upset people?  Can't we just be happy for her performance without having to defend her from lunatics?

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2011, 06:33:31 am »
I had a wide smile while watching the performance  ;D But i have to be honest, it doesnt seem like the choir practiced that much before the show, the claps were kinda weird, and there were some girls that didnt even knew the lyrcis (i know, i bet they were nervous but still), too bad the sound didnt help at all either  :(

Could have been better, bu I loved it anyway, hope she gets to do more performances with a choir ^^

Thanx for the upload  ;D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2011, 06:37:36 am »
could have been better

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2011, 06:43:33 am »
I don't get it.  Why would you intentionally post a bunch of mean comments about Vanessa Carlton on a Vanessa Carlton fansite?  Like, why do you want to upset people?  Can't we just be happy for her performance without having to defend her from lunatics?

I posted the comments so people could see what people are saying. If I upset someone, I didn't mean to. And all the comments weren't mean. Stevie Nicks' fans didn't like the Stevie/Nessa Carousel performance. Big deal.  ::) And why on earth would we have to defend her from anything? These people don't like Nessa and they're entitled to that opinion.  :-\

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2011, 06:44:18 am »
I like the part when she is on the piano, the song started a bit strange but it finished well.

Harmonium

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2011, 06:52:06 am »
Ah, screw the twitter haters. I saw a lot of coments from people who liked the preformance as well. True art can't please everybody:P

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:42 am »
could have been better

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!  I was excited to know she was playing Bride, but I too am hoping that wasn't the original choir because yeah, they were not great.  some were really off pitch and off rhythm.  They were nervous and so was Vanessa and it showed.  I fell realllllllly bad about not enjoying it but I didn't.  Maybe my expectations were too high? I think she will do much better on the tour rather than TV setting (as I would if I were a singer, tv is intimidating.)  I just think the whole thing needs perfecting, it was good, but to me it wasn't a jaw dropper.  I can totally see why someone just tuning in, who hasn't followed her career would not enjoy that and have the comments that some people had on twitter.  I don't agree with them by any means, but I can see why they would not be into it as we are.  The sound was not great like others have said, things were off balance and I think they left the microphone she used in the choir on because you could hear some girls louder than others.

On a positive note, I love that there was a choir at all, I loved the clapping and the percussion.  I loved that she was standing in the choir and in black no less, while all the innocent little girls wore white.  I love that she was waring pants, very different than I've seen her the past couple months.
I love the build up for the bridge and I just plain love Vanessa!  I hope that they keep on working at it for the tour!  She looked tan and healthy and I loved that SHE loved what she was doing and it showed.
~Sara~

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:55 am »
Ah, screw the twitter haters. I saw a lot of coments from people who liked the preformance as well. True art can't please everybody:P

Ooh where is your sig from? Is there a single cover for bride?

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2011, 07:09:25 am »
Sarab I love the second half of your post :)