Author Topic: Vanessa on Conan O'Brien 08/17/11  (Read 46020 times)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Conan O'Brien 08/17/11
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2011, 07:09:33 am »
You are not the only one sarab, i said the same thing above manny's comment  ;D :D Let's hope next time goes better!
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2011, 07:12:28 am »
I'm just grateful for her that she was given this opportunity to perform. The performance probably wasn't the best it could have been, but I still thought it was lovely. And no, comparing those girls to those in the "The Four Elements of Rabbits on the Run" video, I don't think that was the original choir.

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 07:14:48 am »
Ah, screw the twitter haters. I saw a lot of coments from people who liked the preformance as well. True art can't please everybody:P

Ooh where is your sig from? Is there a single cover for bride?

Nah, I made that one :P There's a bigger one on Creative Endeavors section.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:45 am »
Sarab I love the second half of your post :)

lol, me too.  I hated to say the first part really, but, it's what I felt!
~Sara~

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:35 am »
I don't get it.  Why would you intentionally post a bunch of mean comments about Vanessa Carlton on a Vanessa Carlton fansite?  Like, why do you want to upset people?  Can't we just be happy for her performance without having to defend her from lunatics?

I posted the comments so people could see what people are saying. If I upset someone, I didn't mean to. And all the comments weren't mean. Stevie Nicks' fans didn't like the Stevie/Nessa Carousel performance. Big deal.  ::) And why on earth would we have to defend her from anything? These people don't like Nessa and they're entitled to that opinion.  :-\

You're just kind of killing everyone's buzz haha.  It's just unnecessary, like I'm trying to enjoy my favorite artist here, why ruin it for me.  And I notice you chose mostly negative tweets - I certainly didn't see MY tweet about the performance on your little list.  Like, obviously I know you're a Vanessa fan (more than I am haha), but I'm just really confused as to why you would show us all the negative comments.

I actually really liked this performance - and trust me, there are PLENTY of Vanessa performances I've disliked (including, quite literally, every single performance of Carousel, a song I usually like better than Bride).  But this performance I thought was brilliant - it was in a lower register, which was good for her voice because she does not have a good head voice at all.  The girls were adorable, even if some of them weren't 100% on the notes (and that's clearly why their mics were turned way down - they were there for show, not for talent).  The drums were spot on as well, which brought life to the second verse just like in the studio version.  Vanessa was smiling quite frequently, so she must have really been enjoying it too.  All in all, it was just a fun and enjoyable performance.  Definitely better than Carousel on Leno!

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2011, 07:23:30 am »
And, once the nervousness settled, the choir girls, the band, and V herself were really enjoying themselves. Grinning from ear to ear. Very happy for them.

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:21 am »
I don't get it.  Why would you intentionally post a bunch of mean comments about Vanessa Carlton on a Vanessa Carlton fansite?  Like, why do you want to upset people?  Can't we just be happy for her performance without having to defend her from lunatics?

I posted the comments so people could see what people are saying. If I upset someone, I didn't mean to. And all the comments weren't mean. Stevie Nicks' fans didn't like the Stevie/Nessa Carousel performance. Big deal.  ::) And why on earth would we have to defend her from anything? These people don't like Nessa and they're entitled to that opinion.  :-\

You're just kind of killing everyone's buzz haha.  It's just unnecessary, like I'm trying to enjoy my favorite artist here, why ruin it for me.  And I notice you chose mostly negative tweets - I certainly didn't see MY tweet about the performance on your little list.  Like, obviously I know you're a Vanessa fan (more than I am haha), but I'm just really confused as to why you would show us all the negative comments.

I didn't consciously pick the bad tweets. I only picked the ones that showed up at the top under the "Top Tweets," which were mostly talking about ATM. I only picked the ones that talked about IDWTBAB and Conan. Obviously there were people who enjoyed the performance, but it just so happens their (and yours, I guess) tweets weren't at the top. Next time I'll post a mix of tweets (or maybe none at all).  :-\

Harmonium

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:16 am »
I don't get it.  Why would you intentionally post a bunch of mean comments about Vanessa Carlton on a Vanessa Carlton fansite?  Like, why do you want to upset people?  Can't we just be happy for her performance without having to defend her from lunatics?

I posted the comments so people could see what people are saying. If I upset someone, I didn't mean to. And all the comments weren't mean. Stevie Nicks' fans didn't like the Stevie/Nessa Carousel performance. Big deal.  ::) And why on earth would we have to defend her from anything? These people don't like Nessa and they're entitled to that opinion.  :-\

I actually really liked this performance - and trust me, there are PLENTY of Vanessa performances I've disliked (including, quite literally, every single performance of Carousel, a song I usually like better than Bride).  But this performance I thought was brilliant - it was in a lower register, which was good for her voice because she does not have a good head voice at all.  The girls were adorable, even if some of them weren't 100% on the notes (and that's clearly why their mics were turned way down - they were there for show, not for talent).  The drums were spot on as well, which brought life to the second verse just like in the studio version.  Vanessa was smiling quite frequently, so she must have really been enjoying it too.  All in all, it was just a fun and enjoyable performance.  Definitely better than Carousel on Leno!

What's the deal? We posted negative reviews of the album here before for example, it can't all be positive news and opinions just because it's a fan forum...
I find it quite intresting what the haters are saying :P

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:37 am »
After watching it a few times, the performance isn't as bad as I first thought. I think Lord Victor definitely needed to chew threw Ari's mic cable and Vanessa needs to work on her nerves because she missed her que. The choir girls were nice, but looked like they were thrown together last minute.

Vanessa sounded good & looked great.

Overall, I think with more practice performances set out like this could be really excellent.

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2011, 10:10:15 am »
Eh...... the performance was good. Not her best. I could have done without the children's choir. They just didn't sound good to me. Believe me, I get nerves. but for a TV performance, I would have found a choir that was comfortable. But when the choir wasn't singing too much, the performance was great! And ya.... she does have to deal with nerves..... we did notice the late qeue (damn, how do u spell that? :P). haha. But I do give her a break..... it's been four years since she was in front of a camera..... so ya.

And lol.... I couldn't see her until the lights came on. haha. I saw a vacant piano, and was like, where is she?! Then, I found her... lol..... :) I liked that, though. It's the first time I've ever seen her not on the piano. But it was good...... :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:12:41 am by Byoungforever »
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2011, 10:30:51 am »
Firstly either she is really TANNED or those English girls are ghostly pale.

And they bob too much. It was kinda weird. You know...The bobbing.

But I really dont care. It was Vanessa. And it was frackin' BRIDE. And it had a choir and Vanessa was all sweaty (and kinda excited don't you think?) When she ran from the choir to the piano... And then when the kings bit started she put her hands in the air like she at gun point... And then she smiled like a bunny in the end. So. damn. cute.

Oh and Ari looked so SEXY in this performance. Why are they not dating? (Because they wrote a song about Vanessa not wanting to be a bride) Kinda attracted to this guy in a weird-You so hot you play with V- kinda way ;)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2011, 11:35:20 am »
The performance was okay. I didn't really dig the drums and the girls' choir that much for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts. I also felt Ari's mic was too loud compared to Vanessa's. I guess I just like acoustic V better!  ;D

BUT it was very nice to see her on a big late night show and she looked happy! I loved the fact that she smiled quite a lot  :D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:17 am »
You know what...

After watching this several times She was freakin' awesome!!!

Ari:  dont sing too loud next time!!

Girls: Next time sing louder !

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2011, 11:57:14 am »
michellebranch Michelle Branch
I love how I keep getting told I was great on Conan tonight. That wasn't me! It was my pal @vanessacarlton with her beautiful new album :)

lol

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »
michellebranch Michelle Branch
I love how I keep getting told I was great on Conan tonight. That wasn't me! It was my pal @vanessacarlton with her beautiful new album :)

lol
ja!! I still dont get why they mix them up, really xdd
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the