Author Topic: 2011 Fall tour with Matt Nathanson  (Read 39768 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: 2011 Fall tour with Matt Nathanson
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 11:13:20 am »
I'm listening to some Matt Nathanson and trying desperately to like him - it's just really not my type of music.  He's a talented guy, but I can't imagine staying for him.  So I think I'll just show up right before Vanessa goes on, stand in the back and enjoy the music, then go home.  I could only imagine myself staying if Jennifer Nettles actually shows up for their duet hahaha.

By the way, I'm amazed Cone On Get Higher came out in 2007 - I feel like that song's been around for longer than that.

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:53 am »
With this type of thing. Would Vanessa play in the beginning or the end?

nessaddict21

• Make me high on lullabies
  • I'm looking for wisdom in all the wrong places;
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 11:34:33 am »

She's opening for him right? So she would in the beginning.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:00 pm »

She's opening for him right? So she would in the beginning.

Yeah I assume she'd be at the beginning.  Although everyone is so PC these days, so they say "with Vanessa Carlton" as opposed to "Opening Act: Vanessa Carlton" haha

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »
I hope that the Pittsburgh show doesn't sell out!  I'll totally be attending that, as well as the Ohio one. (Possibly)

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 10:22:17 pm »
Still can't get over the fact she's not coming to Cali :/

*shakes fist at east coast!*

DriftingOverMe

• View Profile
    • Vanessa Carlton Online
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 12:28:46 am »

I agree with you haha the shaking of the fist action made me chortle :) hehe

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 05:33:09 am »

Yeah, it's weird that this tour is almost exclusively East Coast - it makes me think maybe this is only a part of what she's doing - like maybe she's touring with Matt Nathanson for a time and then will do other venues by herself or opening for someone else.  After all, this tour is less than a month long and only in a small part of the country - and didn't she say she was definitely going to perform in London at some point?  I don't think this is the only touring she's going to do.

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 09:44:37 am »

Yeah, it's weird that this tour is almost exclusively East Coast - it makes me think maybe this is only a part of what she's doing - like maybe she's touring with Matt Nathanson for a time and then will do other venues by herself or opening for someone else.  After all, this tour is less than a month long and only in a small part of the country - and didn't she say she was definitely going to perform in London at some point?  I don't think this is the only touring she's going to do.

i sure hope not, but it's definitely not the end. she still has a while before she goes back to her rabbit hole!!!

Patricius

• Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 10:08:43 pm »
YES SHE'S IN PHILLY ON OCT. 1ST! I am not coming home from college that weekend. :)
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:38 am »
This is really bugging me, I'm only 1 hour away from Madison and I can't go. My dad says since she is only an 'opening act' he won't drive me. Please tell me that an opening act does more than one or two songs?  :-\

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 11:44:13 am »
This is really bugging me, I'm only 1 hour away from Madison and I can't go. My dad says since she is only an 'opening act' he won't drive me. Please tell me that an opening act does more than one or two songs?  :-\

From what I heard they play 45min to an hour.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:43:47 pm by Onyx »

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 11:50:33 am »
@Oynx: Really? It's cool that you are doing that. I'm sure Vanessa would like to hear that fans go through that much to see her live.

Anyways, thank you for the information! I read that the concert was 2 1/2 hours? So maybe Vanessa will be the first part of the concert? I'll have to look into that, because if that is the case I'm defiantly going!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »
Got the official email for the Fall tour today. So I guess that's all we're gonna get for sure. What to do...  ???
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »
This is really bugging me, I'm only 1 hour away from Madison and I can't go. My dad says since she is only an 'opening act' he won't drive me. Please tell me that an opening act does more than one or two songs?  :-\

I can't speak for this specific tour, but for every concert I've EVER been to, the opening act has done more than 1 or 2 songs.  KT Tunstall's opening act did 3; Britney Spears' did 3, 3, and 5 (the 5 was Jordin Sparks haha), Sara Bareilles' did 3 each, Fallout Boy's did 3 each, Lady Gaga's did 4 or 5, P!nk's did 4...

The point being, it varies, but definitely more than 1 or 2 songs.  I think we could get as many as 4 from Vanessa, especially since she's an established artist who already has well-known songs.  In most cases, the opening act isn't as well-known and only has one or two singles anyway haha.