Author Topic: 2011 Fall tour with Matt Nathanson  (Read 39874 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2011 Fall tour with Matt Nathanson
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2011, 06:55:39 am »
Again, I may be late to the party here, but Matt's tour extends beyond the time that she is touring with him.  I wonder if that means she will be doing her own tour, as someone said she asked her and Vanessa said she was.  That may mean more East coast (I hope) West Coast and Europe.  Maybe she'll take a break first?  Just thinking out loud here..
~Sara~

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
She better not tour again before next year! Because I just used my last days off to book my annual Thanksgiving trip to NYC!  :P
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »
She better not tour again before next year! Because I just used my last days off to book my annual Thanksgiving trip to NYC!  :P

maybe she'll do some NYC shows while you're there! 
~Sara~

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2011, 09:24:03 pm »
Matt Nathanson fans are kind of assholes....I've been reading reviews and tweets from people who've seen the shows and they've all been buttheads to V...
Peace
Adriann

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:50 pm »

maybe she'll do some NYC shows while you're there! 

Vanessa, are you reading this? *hint hint*  ;D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2011, 05:51:55 am »
Why aren't there as much videos as before? Just wonderin'....

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2011, 11:28:12 am »
Don't worry guys, I'll definately have more videos this time around on Monday!!!!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2011, 01:09:26 pm »
I think less people are going, that's one reason there aren't as many vidoes.  I was the only one here who went to the Buffalo show, and I don't think anyone went to the terminal 5 show in nyc. I have videos but I had trouble getting them to youtube, so I posted them on facebook.  Hopefully someone can help me get them from there to youtube or media fire.  This is my busy work work week (yes my work week starts on Friday) so I won't have time to do any of that until next weekend.
~Sara~

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2011, 06:22:03 am »
I didn't like the idea of Vanessa as an opener at firt, but I saw some really nice comments about her on youtube by people who went just for Matt Nathanson.

about I Don't Want to Be a Bride:

"i just saw her opening for matt nathanson on friday and i LOVE this song most of all the ones she performed. i love her style of performing, it's similar to how I see myself performing one day. She's just real and seems like a person who would be a good friend. She doesn't seem intimidating or arrogant at all"
smefft
"I saw her last night open for Matt Nathanson in DC. She closed with this song. It was just her and some guy playing the violin. I had never seen her before but she blew me away with this song. Even better than this performance since it was all acoustic. Everyone was just mesmerized!"
FalconFan1314

She's reaching new people with her music, and that is GREAT!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2011, 02:02:45 pm »
She also made some new fans at the Buffalo show.  I went on facebook a couple days after that tshow and saw one of the girls I met friended her and posted on her wall! so now me and that girl are friends too!
~Sara~

Torey

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2011, 08:33:06 pm »
I went to the Columbus show. Anyone know what was up with rushing us all through the line to meet her? I know there was a long line, but still. I can't figure out if this was her management's doing, venue management, or Matt's. I'm thinking it was his though, because her booth was being run by the same people/in the same spot. After she put sharpie to song book, all I got out was a thank you. Very disappointing, because I had been waiting years to meet her! I guess next time I'll just write a letter to be on the safe side no matter who is managing things.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 04:43:38 am »
I went to the Columbus show. Anyone know what was up with rushing us all through the line to meet her? I know there was a long line, but still. I can't figure out if this was her management's doing, venue management, or Matt's. I'm thinking it was his though, because her booth was being run by the same people/in the same spot. After she put sharpie to song book, all I got out was a thank you. Very disappointing, because I had been waiting years to meet her! I guess next time I'll just write a letter to be on the safe side no matter who is managing things.

yeah, they rushed us in Buffalo too.  Was the guy kind of douchey with a large curled mustache, dark rimmed glasses and tattoos?  I thought this guy was from the venue but maybe he's part of Matt's team (I'm 95% sure he's not with Vanessa)
~Sara~

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 05:47:17 am »
I was super forward and asked for a hug then told me that it was super nice to meet me : D She was amazing! Hear the bells was better than I could ever imagine.  i think her mic was turned up a little too high so on some of the notes it hurt to listen a little bit but that didnt take away too much from her awesome performance : ) The setlist was the same as IUP and just Skye was there. Columbus loved her and was super respectful for the most part she seemed suprised by the applause after each song : ) Also the line to buy stuff and meet her was RIDICULOUSLY LONG. I seriously bet most people were there to see her hahaha

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2011, 06:45:47 am »
I was super forward and asked for a hug then told me that it was super nice to meet me : D She was amazing! Hear the bells was better than I could ever imagine.  i think her mic was turned up a little too high so on some of the notes it hurt to listen a little bit but that didnt take away too much from her awesome performance : ) The setlist was the same as IUP and just Skye was there. Columbus loved her and was super respectful for the most part she seemed suprised by the applause after each song : ) Also the line to buy stuff and meet her was RIDICULOUSLY LONG. I seriously bet most people were there to see her hahaha

Nice to hear that the audience was more polite at this venue. And really, that was the first thing I asked her for when I bumped into her. "You're Vanessa Carlton?? Can I hug you?" I think maybe our emotions got to us a little  :D

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2011, 07:06:24 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Byc050zxY

1:50 was the best moment of the night haha

She kept mentioning that the room looks like a black vortex should be stemming out of it... only her : )