NESSAholics.com™
March 23, 2017, 04:21:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Birthday information wasn't able to be converted.  If you want it public, update it here

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: My (Vanessa Carlton) Sheet Music Thread [NEW!!! "Ordinary Day {Alt. Version}"]  (Read 16655 times)
VanessaPiana
Just a day, just an ordinary day

View Profile Email
« on: April 03, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »

I've worked pretty hard on this [since late January/early February] and wasn't going to post up here until I got it just right. It's not perfect but I did my best. I listened to 'The Wreckage' & notated it as close as I could to the actual version, even adding my own flavour here & there. Comment to lemme know what you [whoever you are] think about it. I'm currently working on "Superhero" and will post it up here when I'm done w/ it. Wink

NOTE: To save you time you can download [and check out] the (attachments) down in the signature area. No having to go to any file-sharing sites or anything. Since it's hard work working on sheet music I like to usually work on one arrangement at a time. Smiley

Vanessa Carlton .mid/.midi & Sheet Music Index/Table of Contents (In Alphabetical Order)

-Alicia Keys - Feelin' U, Feelin' Me - (Video Here)

-A Thousand Miles (Album Version) - [Video Here]
-A Thousand Miles (Alternate Version) - [Video Here]

-C'est La Vie - (Video Here)

-Hands On Me - (Video Here)
-Hands On Me 2/II - (Video Here)

-Iwashiro Taro - Her Most Beautiful Smile (from "Rurouni Kenshin' anime") - [Video Here]

-Ordinary Day (Album Version) - [Video Here]
-Ordinary Day (Alternate Version) - [Video Here]

-Private Radio - (Video Here)

-San Francisco (Live Version) - [Video Here]
-San Francisco (Album Version) - [Video Here]

-Superhero - (Video Here)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:29:49 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:26 pm »

Here's "Superhero".
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:56:52 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
Arwen
I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:48:48 am »

These are very cool, thanks! You don't by any chance have any youtube vids playing it do you? It helps me when I'm learning to see/hear someone playing it.

AG.
Your true colors shown

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:34:37 am »

That's great, thanks. I seriously admire people who can transcribe music because I have the melodic ability of a spoon, so cheers!

VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:11 pm »

Thanx lots for commenting, I appreciate it. [Didn't think anyone would respond but I guess I'd have to wait, lol.] Wink Believe me, I've really wanted to for YEARS now, but unfortunately I don't have a webcam [and I won't be getting a laptop until after my birthday -- July 1st -- and I'll be sure to get one that contains one b/c my current PC is almost 5 years old and has that sorry Windows Vista]. But I'll be sure to do just that when I'm able.

As for 'Superhero' [it was pretty simple to transcribe which is why I got it done a lot quicker] I didn't add the lyrics b/c it was pretty difficult to do so and didn't want it looking sloppier or taking up more space. I figure y'all already know the words, anyhow. Moreover I might take down & put the pdf. & mid./midi. files after making minor adjustments.

BTW I use MuseScore [free notation software] to do sheet music. After going thru many programs this is the best (free) one. The ones that were better had only 30-60 day-trial periods and afterwards you either 1) lost the free benefits or 2) had to upgrade/pay for the extra stuff afterwards. MuseScore could use some boning up, but it's the best [it also looks the best].

I plan on doing more sheet music, but I haven't really decided what (we'll see). I was hoping to post this stuff on the official VC forums, but there's no such thing; I reckon they did away w/ it long ago and the only 'official' one (left) is this one.

Cheers. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:36:50 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
[sobriquet]
Fine as dandelions

And love comes back around again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:18:21 pm »

Hey!

Thanks for all the efforts. Smiley I have stopped for a while in making sheet music, so the other quasi-archive of sheet music has not been updated recently. So, thanks for posting new stuff.

I just want to ask you if it's ok for you to add all of your work to my sheet music thread. Smiley

Floating in the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.
VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

You're welcome. Smiley

Yes, you're most certainly free to do so... just one word of caution; I may [or may not] make changes/update certain things up there from time to time [I'm kind of a perfectionist]. But I'll let you know if I do.

As of current I'm working on the song 'Heroes & Thieves'; let you know when I'm done.

Peace. Wink
VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 12:28:04 pm »

Here's "Heroes & Thieves"... a revised version of it w/ some improvisation on my part. I was gonna pattern my latest after Maag's but found that the note values [as well as the tempo] was in excess of ½, so I had to do away w/ the original copy/arrangement and redo it. I'd run into some roadblocks but took little more than a day to complete.

But I'd just like to add that Maag's & Phu's version(s) isn't obsolete b/c I've come up my my own; in fact if you want a simplified version some of you might find theirs more useful. Wink

C'est la Vie is next, tho' for some reason I never could get thru learning the entire song b/c I got bored. I plan to take the 'Harmonium' sheet music book version & Phu's version kinda put it together.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:44:36 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
Manny
I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 08:29:56 pm »

Wow!! your transcriptions are amazing!!  I have always had a hard time with the left hand with other sheets, I find yours pretty accurate ! thank you!!

VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 04:39:52 pm »

You're very welcome. Cool

But Phu, Maag, Pianobea [and others] deserve much of the credit b/c they created a template for me to make these sheets to start with. Moreover I'd also created these sheets in a way that they won't be too confusing to learn, on top of printing out as little paper (with as much on each page) as possible, myself included.

BTW, I'm good a learning stuff by ear, but only half way [or 50%]. I tried transcribing this stuff as close to the Real McCoy as possible, adding a few of my own licks, b/c that's what creative artists do. This is something I'd always dreamed of doing & it allows me to get my creative juices flowing. Hard work, but I love it anyhow. Grin

On top of working on C'est La Vie I'm also doing San Francisco, correcting the mistakes in the other version(s), especially the official.

Peace & cheers. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:50:55 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:16 am »

Here's "C'est La Vie".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:29:36 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
AG.
Your true colors shown

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 09:38:11 am »

Ta very much, I love C'est la Vie, I'm sure I'll love playing it too.

VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 09:43:51 am »

You're very welcome. Grin I'm working on San Francisco now. Wink
barefootonbeaches
Make me high on lullabies

Are the echoes coming back to you?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 11:50:13 pm »

Thank you VanessaPiana! Your transcription of "Heroes & Thieves" is excellent, especially the bridge. Smiley

I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. Sad
VanessaPiana

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 05:49:31 pm »

You're very welcome; I'm glad you enjoy the H&Ts arrangement. Grin There's a mistake that I'm gonna have to correct (when I get the chance) & I have a feature on my computer wherein I can delete the voice out (it's mainly for karaoke purposes, but it's useful for transcribing as well) so I can hear the notes better.

I haven't been up here for a while b/c I've had desktop PC problems (I'm gonna need a new one, a laptop specifically) b/f long. I'm also (still) working on Swindler, SF [I came to a standstill on this one] & Annie as well. I think I'm gonna go to Papa & HAWBTW, as well.

Here's another [by Alicia Keys]. I know [and respect] that some of you aren't a fan of hers [and I don't think I am anymore, either based on her personal life; I haven't looked at her the same since], but I just had to share some sheet music I had of hers. (Isn't it ironic that I thought that VC was gonna be the one to fail big time, but it turned out to be AK... the one I least expected the whole time.)

Anyway it's a '70s-inspired neo-soul/jazz/R&B song (12th track) from her 2nd/sophomore LP The Diary Of Alicia Keys (2003) played w/ [not necessarily the Fender Rhodes like VC did w/ her 2nd/sophomore (on 'C'est La Vie' as well] but some sort of electric piano that sounds similar. The sheet music arrangement was kinda messed up so I tried my own hand at correcting the mistakes in there.

Hope y'all like it. Wink
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:39:20 pm by VanessaPiana » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: