Author Topic: Read Vanessa is recording a new album in the fall  (Read 19031 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Read Vanessa is recording a new album in the fall
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 11:33:20 am »
record a new album? already? she's already written new songs and everything?
rabbits on the run was released 10 monthes ago.
i mean is that true?

the way I see it is that she probably has a few songs and or ideas and then when/if she goes into the studio she will write more (collaborations with skye, ari, that dude from doves I can't remember his name, patrick, or some new people).  She wrote brdie, and get good while in england, and probably some others too, after booking the studio so, it stands to reason she may have a few "done" and then work more in studio.  Now, with that said, she had a few songs written a few years ago for ROTR and it didn't come out right away, so just because she says she's going in the fall now, things could change, it's a long way off.  So I have guarded excitement.
~Sara~

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:41 am »
I think her new stuff will have an electric vibe to it. Didnt she say that about moneymaker and a future project with Steve Osbourne?

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 12:06:14 pm »
I think her new stuff will have an electric vibe to it. Didnt she say that about moneymaker and a future project with Steve Osbourne?

I would literally kill for that song...hahaha

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »
I feel feel really happy about Vanessa making another album , and not just from a fan perspective, but because she must be in a place where she feels really connected to whatever inspires her, like she said after Harmonium, and we all know that produces greatness.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 01:35:59 pm »

the way I see it is that she probably has a few songs and or ideas and then when/if she goes into the studio she will write more (collaborations with skye, ari, that dude from doves I can't remember his name, patrick, or some new people).  She wrote brdie, and get good while in england, and probably some others too, after booking the studio so, it stands to reason she may have a few "done" and then work more in studio.  Now, with that said, she had a few songs written a few years ago for ROTR and it didn't come out right away, so just because she says she's going in the fall now, things could change, it's a long way off.  So I have guarded excitement.

i guess you're right. i'm just not having a clear vision of things.
i mean, she mentioned rabbits on the run a few times as her "dream record", "the kind of record she always wanted to make". so i just think it's weird that she thinks it's already time to begin a new record and leave ROTR behind (but i don't know if that's what she's gonna do, but i think you can't work in the future and in the past at the same time).
i'm not saying it won't or it shouldn't happen. i love the good news too! can't wait for new stuff. but i'd like we had gone deeper with rabbits.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:38:36 pm by Fred_Saboya »

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »
Really glad to hear this. Bring it on!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 02:06:13 am »

I thought about this too last night. I guess that's why we've been getting a lot of Mansions On The Moon for the past days... Maybe the plan with Steve about the electro songs are being carried out?

Another thing that came to me is that maybe this is going to be a record of the songs that didn't make it to the cut for ROTR.

And man, she's hitting high notes beautifully now. The bridge of Get Good just sounds better.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 07:45:02 am »
i guess you're right. i'm just not having a clear vision of things.
i mean, she mentioned rabbits on the run a few times as her "dream record", "the kind of record she always wanted to make". so i just think it's weird that she thinks it's already time to begin a new record and leave ROTR behind (but i don't know if that's what she's gonna do, but i think you can't work in the future and in the past at the same time).
i'm not saying it won't or it shouldn't happen. i love the good news too! can't wait for new stuff. but i'd like we had gone deeper with rabbits.

I totally see where you're coming from, but I'm looking at it from a different perspective. While ROTR may have been, and still is probably is, her "dream record", she's branching out into different areas of music. Even after this new (probably electronic) album, she may hold Rabbits in the same regard she did after its creation. I think that this probably isn't a new "dream", but rather a creative experiment.

I feel it won't take the place of ROTR, but be something completely separate.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 08:02:59 am »
I like to think of it as if ROTR was almost a new starting point for V.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 08:38:18 am »

Yeah, I agree with this. I very much see her first three albums as a kind of trilogy. Stylistically, sonically, and even down to the album covers, they link together quite well and kind of showcase her journey from a girl into a woman. After the long hiatus, Rabbits was her rebirth record as a woman and a new artist. Although her distinguishable songwriting underpins all her work, Rabbits definitely sounded different than what had come before. This new album will be more the second record from "new Vanessa" and hopefully continue a long career into her 30's and beyond.

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 10:21:29 am »
Does anyone have video of the performance where she talks about this? I have been a hermit for awhile getting ready for finals and such. This is all new to me. Exciting though(:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 11:32:21 am »

Yeah, I agree with this. I very much see her first three albums as a kind of trilogy. Stylistically, sonically, and even down to the album covers, they link together quite well and kind of showcase her journey from a girl into a woman. After the long hiatus, Rabbits was her rebirth record as a woman and a new artist. Although her distinguishable songwriting underpins all her work, Rabbits definitely sounded different than what had come before. This new album will be more the second record from "new Vanessa" and hopefully continue a long career into her 30's and beyond.

I really like these thoughts! 
But can I just put it out there that I really, really, REALLY hope it's not an electronic record.  While some of the stuff like that she posts is interesting, it's really not my cup of tea.  I would still buy the album, obviously, but I just really hope that's not the case.  Unless she puts her own spin on it, it might be okay.
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 12:39:53 pm »

I totally see where you're coming from, but I'm looking at it from a different perspective. While ROTR may have been, and still is probably is, her "dream record", she's branching out into different areas of music. Even after this new (probably electronic) album, she may hold Rabbits in the same regard she did after its creation. I think that this probably isn't a new "dream", but rather a creative experiment.

I feel it won't take the place of ROTR, but be something completely separate.

i like your perspective. hope you're right. it sounds better to me haha :)

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »
I really like these thoughts! 
But can I just put it out there that I really, really, REALLY hope it's not an electronic record.  While some of the stuff like that she posts is interesting, it's really not my cup of tea.  I would still buy the album, obviously, but I just really hope that's not the case.  Unless she puts her own spin on it, it might be okay.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 06:41:15 am »

This is what I'm hoping for!