Author Topic: 11 Year Anniversary of Be not Nobody - April 30, 2013  (Read 11186 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
11 Year Anniversary of Be not Nobody - April 30, 2013
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:54:09 pm »
April 30, 2012 is the 10 year anniversary of the US release of Be not Nobody.

When I think back on the impact that CD and V's music has had on so many people's lives (including my own), it is hard to believe 10 years have already passed.

Let me ask you, over these past 10 years, what has been the best part for you about being a NESSAholic?

For me, it's easy: the friendships. I've met so many awesome people through V's music, people that profoundly have changed and shaped my life for the better. That's something I'll always be grateful for. 11-11-07 is and always will be one of the best nights of my life.

"How blissfully great would it be if we could all decide in this very moment that we need no more than what we have. Just our drink in our hand. Our friend next to us. The music in our ears. The roof over our heads, and to not crave any more means in theory that we are just blissfully happy. I work on that every day."

Have at it, folks!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:20:10 pm by eclv »
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Year Anniversary of Be not Nobody - April 30, 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:11 pm »
I've met a good friend or two on this board, but it's really only been about one thing for me. Vanessa and her sensational music! Here's to another ten years!!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:06:38 pm »
Wow. That's gone so quick. The album that started it all off!

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:32:50 pm »
I am definitely with you B!! I always remember the anniversary (we bought the CD at the Virgin Megastore at midnight) and definitely share the same feelings. So many memories, roadtrips, tours and very dear friends!! Thank you Vanessa!!

B, I am with you and will say that night in Seattle was one of the best of my life but I'll never forget when she did "Pretty Baby" for the first time since the In Store. Some of you may remember I would always ask for it and she always said the boys didn't know it or sorry I couldn't do it. But then that one night in ATL. "Papa" was always the 2nd song but she says, "I've been promising this to someone, I haven't done it in a long time, this is "Pretty Baby." I am not going to lie, I was crying, we all were crying, happy, happy tears!!

I tried to find some photos but here are some from that special day at TRL and the in-store.

Us in line at TRL with the roses (they are in the boxes)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:35:38 pm by eclv »

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 05:07:54 am »
I think the friends are definitely my favorite part of being a NESSAholic.  Y'all remember that concert in Central Park?  I've never had so much fun!  I've loved seeing all of us grow and change since I was sitting in my dorm room at UC Davis until now sitting at my desk at my dream job.  What an amazing journey filled with amazing people!

Now, next time y'all head to TX, give me a holler.  I'll show you a good time!  Just ask Katia...I think we had a blast when she came out here :)

Much love to all of you from the bottom of my NESSAholic heart.

PS...Let, I always teared up a bit at Twilight...I think V was surprised I knew it during that show in Roseville
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:26:57 am »
 ;D I love you all.
Vanessa and her music have done so many wonderful things for me and my life.
from a 14 year old boy to the 24 year old I am now... I've grown up a lot.

I don't even want to imagine how my life would have been without the strong influences, extreme reality and supreme comfort Vanessa's music has given me.
I've had several amazing experiences with a lot of you here, and I want to continue having them. =)

wether you know it or not, all of you here mean a great deal to me.  :)

Thank you Vanessa Carlton, and thank you NESSAholics!
<3

now saying this, it has been a long time since my last VC show, what the heck, bring on more!!!!!!!
come on, tours, where are you?

;D
(listening to Be not Nobody now)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:25 am »
It was the first thought I had this morning when I woke up: 10 YEARS!!

I can't believe it's been so long. I've never been faithful to any artist for that long so it must mean something, huh? ;) So many shows/adventures/travels, so many nice people met along the way, so many new friends, it's been an exciting decade!

I can't imagine my life without Vanessa's music in it (I could but I would be extremely boring! ha!). Hopefully the die-hard NESSAholics here today will also be around 10 years from now. It's too bad we can't celebrate together in person but the spirit is definitely here! :)

Much love to Vanessa, her beautiful and dark musical world, and to all my NESSAholics, you know who you are!!  ;D

Oh and, last but not least, happy 10th birthday BnN!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:59 am »
I remember the "Pretty Baby" story, Let!

I also remember the concert calls, late night chats, just straight out post whoring the hell out of the O-Board, random roadtrips, and all of the love and support we gave to V and each other. Good times.

I agree with Tricia in that one of the best parts has been watching everyone grow, change, and even grow together as we've gotten older. Some of us have branched off into other fandoms, some of us have met great friends through their NESSAholic friends. I often play "6 degrees of separation" with things in my life related to V's music or the people I've met, because a lot of the things that exist today are in part to the experiences I've had with people from here. I came across some of my pictures from my Cali trip the other day, good times!

Anyway, happy anniversary, BnN!
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »
I was a bit later to the party so don't really know anyone here! Ten years, wow! Here's to many more!

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:44 pm »
Happy Birthday, BNN.  :D Great pics, eclv.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:33:36 am »
Wow. 10 years.

I was 15. I remember buying the "Audio Cassette" from a music store in the city of Mumbai after my 10th grade exams using some scholarship money I' gotten in 9th grade.

Wow.

Best part of being a NESSAholic - the feeling of belonging and I think the constant in the middle of all the things that keep changing around me.

Complex thought.

Too much to talk about right now.

PS To all the super old school NESSAholics and founders of this cult - Thank you for this. You know what I mean. ;)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 08:44:29 pm »
What I love about being a Nessaholic is well Vanessa! I mean she hasn't changed a LOT lot since 2002, sure she gotten better but she isn't like Nelly Furtado, really good with the first two cd then goes to crap(no offense I was a Furtado fan, then she just dropped off the world for me because I didn't like the music on her 3rd cd). She's one of those true artists that stays true :)

I remember hearing one of her songs in 2002, at my aunt and uncle's house. I burned a few of her songs onto a CD (I'm talking about V now). Heh I used to burn cds a lot but I hate burning cds now unless I buy the .mp3 XD (Oh yeah remember Kazaa? Yeah nearly killed my old computer). Then I decided to get the actual CD and been a fan since :D I think I may have burnt the cd onto a blank cd  but being OCD I wanted the real official thing :P

Off topic but not really since we're talking about her first CD: It really pisses me off when Twilight fans, think her song Twilight is about the damn books and movies.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »
Off topic but not really since we're talking about her first CD: It really pisses me off when Twilight fans, think her song Twilight is about the damn books and movies.

Yes, yes, yes. Besides the obvious, the song has depth--you can't write a song like that off of a book so flat. :P

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 02:48:19 am »

Yes, yes, yes. Besides the obvious, the song has depth--you can't write a song like that off of a book so flat. :P

Thank god that that rummor that she was going to have something to do with a song or a score for the movie was not true at last.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »
to be fair, the twilight soundtracks tend to populated with pretty fantastic artists. among them florence + the machine, iron & wine, bon iver, st. vincent, cee lo green. excellent musical company.

but cheers for be not nobody. wasn't around then as it was harmonium for me, but all the appreciation in the world for that one song for giving her a career.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:50:11 pm by fish_for__stars »
formerly fish_for__stars.