Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222919 times)

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:53 pm »
Not sure if the new website is a prelude to the styles of next album, or just a bit friendlier towards mobile devices and slow computers, but there's new merchandise on the store:

http://www.vanessacarltonstore.com/apparel.html

Might get a t-shirt, although I'm not totally crazy about the colours...

These look familiar from older tours. I have the brown t-shirt and the purple tank from several years ago.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:39 am »
Looks like Vanessa's back in England to finish off the album, according to her Twitter. I wonder if she will indulge us in some snippets via soundcloud?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2014, 07:45:19 pm »
Looks like Vanessa's back in England to finish off the album, according to her Twitter. I wonder if she will indulge us in some snippets via soundcloud?

i hope so! can't wait.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:47 am »

i hope so! can't wait.

she is. she tweeted that she was headed to heathrow airport last week, then yesterday she said she was leaving Box for Dublin
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:49 am »
*Note from Vanessa

Hey  there,

I  just got back from the UK where I spent a week working on my new album and finishing up the 7 tracks I did with  Steve Osborne. It was six months in between the two sessions we took to record but we needed the time  to digest what we were crafting...plus it's hard for me to get to England  sometimes. This is a rather unorthodox album. The approach is intense cause it's  mostly just Osborne and I sitting in the chalet at the studio, listening and  tweaking and playing weird shit. Pretty awesome. I was in heaven. We have three more songs to go so I will be finishing those up here in the states.

In  other newzzzz...I'm  making up some of the shows I had to reschedule from last fall. I will be playing three shows starting next Thursday. The dates and ticket links are posted below.  Sorry bout that - hope to  see all you folks that I missed the first time.

Also, I'm a  married woman now so no more funny business, ok?

xx

v

10 songs. i can't wait to know what she's calling the record. :)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:45 am »
I know, I'd have thought by now she would have told us, or given us a cryptic clue as she normally does. Unless she doesn't know herself! Any speculative guesses? Euphoria can be discounted I suppose...

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »
Does anyone have a clue when this album will be released?

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2014, 07:04:53 pm »
Does anyone have a clue when this album will be released?

No clue AT ALL! I'm thinking sometime in the fall though. ;D

Wow it has been a long time since I logged in! Loving the threads, you guys. (:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2014, 12:51:17 am »
Looks as if the new album won't be called Euphoria but "Liberman."  Lieberman, Liebermann, or Liberman are names deriving from Lieb, a German and Jewish (Ashkenazic) nickname for a person from the German lieb or Yiddish lib, meaning 'dear, beloved'.[1] Many Lieberman families originally spelled the name in Hebrew or Cyrillic characters, so variations in the spelling occurred during transliteration to the Latin alphabet.

This makes sense now, seeing as she is Jewish and her past tweets talked about liberman.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2014, 01:53:22 am »
She's so sneaky, she's mentioned that title in quite a few tweets/posts and they slid under the radar. It's a quite an album name departure, don't you think? It's definitely not your more conventional titling choices, like perhaps her other albums are. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it, 3 songs left to mix!

Edit:

This is just me speculating, and I might be totally off, but do you think because of all of the events that have happened this past year, such as starting a family with John, and tragically losing her baby, that it has made her think about her past/heritage/culture and how this will move forward into her new family, her new 'dear, beloved.'? Jut a thought..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:56:38 am by AG. »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2014, 05:34:29 am »
i don't get it. "Liberman" is a name. who is Liberman then? i mean, it's a cool name, but i don't get it.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2014, 08:09:45 am »
Nevertheless, I LOVE how she opens us up to these new artistic paradigms with each album. She evolves and takes us to places we would never find ourselves if we were travelling alone.

I can't wait till she fills us in on the inspiration behind this whole album! :D
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:31 am »
Nevertheless, I LOVE how she opens us up to these new artistic paradigms with each album. She evolves and takes us to places we would never find ourselves if we were travelling alone.

I can't wait till she fills us in on the inspiration behind this whole album! :D

Well said. I totally agree. I wonder how far we are from the release of the album.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2014, 09:47:16 am »

Well said. I totally agree. I wonder how far we are from the release of the album.

does anyone remember or have on hand when she mixed rotr ? I remember she tweeted about that too... I think it was early in the year and release was july, so maybe summer time or fall?
~Sara~

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:49 am »
Vanessa Carlton ‏@VanessaCarlton 14h
It's coming. Mastering first week of April. Cover artwork shooting soon. Don't worry I will not be on the cover. ❤

I'm so excited!