Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222923 times)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2014, 08:34:58 am »
Unusual, isn't it, to have the first single as the third track? She usually goes for having it in first place, such as Nolita Fairytale and Carousel.

Not that I'm questioning Vanessa, of course! Hopefully, it'll start getting some press now that it's mastered, which I guess is one of the latter steps to completion, as it's awfully quiet around here.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2014, 10:39:54 am »
Full name: Vanessa Lee Carlton. [My middle name is a family name and spelled that way] because my grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.

http://forum.nessaholics.com/index.php?topic=10957.0;wap2

Off of our very own forum, so I guess it's super credible, from an early VH1 interview

Biggest thrill as a child: We had this weeping willow tree with this swing, and I would always sing on the swing and hum, but I would turn it, to tighten the rope, and let go. I would do that for hours. I would just out there humming and twisting. I would make up songs and hum them.

from the same interview!

the name was Lieberman, why is she calling the record "Liberman", without the "e"?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:42:54 am by Fred_Saboya »

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »
That's awesome about the Willow tree, I'm glad she's incorporated it into some of her music. Good point about the spelling, I was going to suggest the interview was wrong but then there's that Instagram picture of the painting and it's spelt without the 'e' too...

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2014, 03:38:19 pm »
Unusual, isn't it, to have the first single as the third track? She usually goes for having it in first place, such as Nolita Fairytale and Carousel.

Not that I'm questioning Vanessa, of course! Hopefully, it'll start getting some press now that it's mastered, which I guess is one of the latter steps to completion, as it's awfully quiet around here.

oh I don't know, that's just me making guesses with no real reason.  just a thought.
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2014, 02:18:52 am »
I guess we're at the beginning of the speculation that surrounds every album, I love it! Any ideas of artwork/cover themes, I thought maybe she might incorporate the tarot cards, but in a subtle way, maybe just the symbols, rather than the entire cards.

Alex0821

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »
I feel like there's so much beautiful imagery in Tarot (though I don't know much about how that all works), so it would be great if some of that could be incorporated into the single artwork.

By the way, how do we know that HoSS is the first single? Did she say so somewhere? I feel so out of the loop!  :P
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2014, 04:21:09 pm »
I feel like there's so much beautiful imagery in Tarot (though I don't know much about how that all works), so it would be great if some of that could be incorporated into the single artwork.

By the way, how do we know that HoSS is the first single? Did she say so somewhere? I feel so out of the loop!  :P

No, it was  a total guess by me with no evidence really.  she tweeted the house of 7 swords yesterday with the picture of the tarot card, and I took it from there.  posed it as a question, not as fact
~Sara~

Alex0821

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2014, 05:02:44 pm »

No, it was  a total guess by me with no evidence really.  she tweeted the house of 7 swords yesterday with the picture of the tarot card, and I took it from there.  posed it as a question, not as fact
Oh gotcha, thanks for clarifying :) I thought I'd missed some big news :P

I love that this site is starting to get a little more active! I think it's going to be a great era, very excited already!
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2014, 04:45:56 am »
new tweet..naming new song?  and it's track number?

"Ascension (10) - Liberman ((painting Arthur Wesley Dow)) http://instagram.com/p/m820IAMdlZ/"

pretty painting, looks inspired by Arizona landscapes.. it can be quite beautiful out there with the red rocks.  I can't wait to hear it!

again... note the question marks.. I am not stating facts here.
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2014, 12:49:52 pm »
Woo! New song that I don't remember seeing Ascension on that chalkboard picture from StyleLikeU.. I guess that was a rough early draft.  I have a feeling for some reason that this will just be instrumental, really dreamy and thick synth sounds. I guess we'll wait and see.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2014, 08:33:56 pm »
Woo! New song that I don't remember seeing Ascension on that chalkboard picture from StyleLikeU.. I guess that was a rough early draft.  I have a feeling for some reason that this will just be instrumental, really dreamy and thick synth sounds. I guess we'll wait and see.

"willows" and "a matter of time" also weren't on that chalkboard. it makes me sad to know that we're never gonna hear the replaced songs. but if it's for the album's sake then i'm fine with it haha.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:40 pm »
btw can we change the topic title do "Liberman, New Album"? just to make it more exciting haha.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2014, 08:14:21 am »
So the original 'track list' is as follows:

Patience
7 Swords
Unlock the Lock
Take it Easy
The Only Way
Do It
Let it Go
Cold Young Heart
Never Together
Money Maker

Track list as it stands is:

Willows
Take it Easy
3. House of Seven Swords
Patience (?)
A Matter of Time
Unlock the Lock
10. Ascension

I guess we'll have to wait for the full lyrics of everything, to find if the new titles were substitutions from the 'original' track list, or new songs entirely.

Just out of curiosity, how spoiled is everyone? I've listened to Take it Easy and Unlock the Lock, and that tiny Patience snippet, but aside from that I have no idea about the rest of the songs, I'm keeping them fresh for the album.

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2014, 08:26:05 am »
I feel like MoneyMaker is out.... and if we don't get it I'll DIE.

I've been waiting for that sucker since 2010  :-[

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2014, 09:35:04 am »
I know, right?! It never seems to make the cut.

New tweet: (6) Something Where Nothing Used to Be - sounds like a good old fashioned cryptic Vanessa  title. I love these little teases she's giving us.