Author Topic: Liberman  (Read 215878 times)

fantastical

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Liberman
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2015, 08:19:49 am »
Yes I noticed that too. The chord progression makes it sound sadder. Less hopeful like you said. That's actually quite a nice touch. The studio version is beginning to grow on me, in particular the intro and outro but the chorus remains AWFUL. They were doing peyote while coming up with that. The voice effects, those strange sounds and the way it goes by so quickly (thankfully).

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2015, 08:23:14 am »
I totally agree! I love both versions of the songs that we have studio versions of now. But then again, I've never heard a V song that I didn't like. The studio version of NWSUTB is perfection. I don't even care that there is no piano. I like that she is experimenting with her sound.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Young Teacher Heart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #452 on: October 04, 2015, 03:11:54 pm »
I personally like the studio version of NWSUTB because of the sheer fact that it is different from the living room sessions. I think it is very reflective to V's vision of the record--how it is a dreamy and dance-y music on one side and emotional on the other. Whereas the living room session version was about vulnerability, the studio version gives the impression of  a seance-y meditation on heartbreak. I also like the layering of echoes in this version because it does take me into that seemingly out-of-the-body experience she aims to achieve.

Did anyone also got the impression that ironically, the studio version sounds sadder as opposed to the living room sessions version which sounds more hopeful because of the bright piano notes? I'm getting this feeling that there's an actual change in the chords between the live and the studio versions.

Well said. I love the fact that there's this different take on the song in both the studio and the living room sessions. I love songs that have either duality in their lyrics and/or in the way that it is performed live and in its studio version. I think it speaks volumes of her musicality to create a song that serves different functions live and in the studio.

I cannot wait to hear the studio versions of the rest of the songs and compare them to the living room sessions.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 05, 2015, 02:46:27 am »
Can you guys believe the record will be released in less than 3 weeks? We've been waiting so long for this. Can't wait to take long walks while listenig to Liberman and watching autumn leaves fall. :D

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:06 pm »
Yeah I'm really glad we have the living room session of NWSUTB. It's probably my favorite thing on the album so far. So so good. The studio version is growing on my now, though. The outro kinda sounds to me like Animal Collective's "Winter Love" or something.

Now I can't wait to hear it. Winters Love is one of my favorite songs!

fantastical

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 09, 2015, 03:00:43 am »
Can you guys believe the record will be released in less than 3 weeks? We've been waiting so long for this. Can't wait to take long walks while listenig to Liberman and watching autumn leaves fall. :D

YES.

fantastical

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 09, 2015, 03:10:03 am »

Well said. I love the fact that there's this different take on the song in both the studio and the living room sessions. I love songs that have either duality in their lyrics and/or in the way that it is performed live and in its studio version. I think it speaks volumes of her musicality to create a song that serves different functions live and in the studio.

I cannot wait to hear the studio versions of the rest of the songs and compare them to the living room sessions.

If you say it like that then I totally agree. Especially about the duality. Very curious now if the other living room sessions are vastly different to their studio version counterparts.

Still hope Unlock the Lock and especially House of Seven Swords sound like the live versions.

The only track I haven't spoiled myself to is River.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2015, 12:08:09 pm »
When is Vanessa starting to promote the record? She's had some great exposure before the release date was announced but it'd be great if there would be more now that it could actually bring people to buy the album. I hope it will do great, Liberman and Vanessa deserve it!!!

Alex0821

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2015, 08:44:32 am »
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

Young Teacher Heart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #459 on: October 13, 2015, 02:20:31 pm »

If you say it like that then I totally agree. Especially about the duality. Very curious now if the other living room sessions are vastly different to their studio version counterparts.

We're at 10 days now; so, we don't have to wait much longer. A part of me wishes that I would have refrained from listening to any of the live recordings she has done.

Still hope Unlock the Lock and especially House of Seven Swords sound like the live versions.

The only track I haven't spoiled myself to is River.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #460 on: October 13, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »
I really loved the video! It's a cool concept and I think the visuals were really pretty.

Also, wow at her explanation of the song meaning! I didn't think to interpret it that way but it makes sense.

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 13, 2015, 07:19:31 pm »
This my first time hearing the studio version of 'Operator'; I love it <3

and yeah, the song explanation was really eye-opening :o

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 13, 2015, 10:45:00 pm »
Amazing video. It's really beautiful, the director did an amazing job. The colors and everything, it almost feels like a David Fincher movie. I actually didn't expect Vanessa to be in it, which was a GREAT surprise! And love the studio version of the song. I really do believe it can do well on the charts or whatever. It has a great hook and sounds like something people might like to hear these days on the radio while it's still very Vanessa. Could this be her most radio-friendly song since the BNN era? I believe so.

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 14, 2015, 04:56:49 am »
In at Starbucks right now and Blue Pool is playing!

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 14, 2015, 04:58:19 am »
I remember Starbucks did this four years ago when Rabbits was about to come out