Author Topic: Liberman  (Read 215769 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Liberman
« Reply #555 on: November 06, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »
She may or may not have done a show in Japan.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGh8CYhx4M

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #557 on: November 06, 2015, 06:45:33 pm »
She may or may not have done a show in Japan.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGh8CYhx4M

Found it!

http://www.japanupdate.com/2015/10/vanessa-carlton-to-headline-weekend-kinser-festival/

I was trying to find something from her japan show! Thanks! She looks so majestic with her hair blowing in the wind.

Regarding Liberman, I've been pretty much listening to it nonstop in my car and house since it came out. NWSUTB, HOSS, and TIE are my favorites! It really does feel like a dream and helps me when I'm feeling anxious.

I wonder if she'll ever play more stuff from H&T in future tours? Like Fools Like Me and My Best! Could you imagine those songs played now but re-imagined a bit with her new dreamy sound?

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 07, 2015, 09:52:21 am »
That sucks to hear. It deserves better.

It definitely does deserve better sales wise, but at least it's getting excellent reviews. And anyways, huge sales doesn't seem to be Vanessa's goal. Saw this exchange on Twitter the other day...

LOL you didn't need to hide that person's (your?) username. all it takes is to go on V's twitter to see it haha

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: November 07, 2015, 11:50:27 am »
1-Take it Easy.  Lyric - "too young to let it go"
10- Ascension. Lyric - "I let go - and die"

Growth, maturity, giving over to your higher self.  Letting go of what brings you down in order to ascend to who you are meant to be.
I've thought a bit about the order of the songs, and while they may sound better in a different sequence, the story progresses to ascension. Love, then loss, then love again. True love of another and for yourself.
~Sara~

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 07, 2015, 01:00:01 pm »

It definitely does deserve better sales wise, but at least it's getting excellent reviews. And anyways, huge sales doesn't seem to be Vanessa's goal. Saw this exchange on Twitter the other day...

LOL you didn't need to hide that person's (your?) username. all it takes is to go on V's twitter to see it haha

No, it's not mine lol. I just blurred it out because I was posting it somewhere where the OP hadn't agreeded to his tweets being posted.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 08, 2015, 03:00:59 am »

No, it's not mine lol. I just blurred it out because I was posting it somewhere where the OP hadn't agreeded to his tweets being posted.
Haha okay

Anyways, I'm glad it wasn't made to go mainstream. However I do think "Operator" could have a fair chance to be played on radio and become a minor hit.

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 08, 2015, 06:09:11 pm »

Haha okay

Anyways, I'm glad it wasn't made to go mainstream. However I do think "Operator" could have a fair chance to be played on radio and become a minor hit.

True! Operator has the potential to get some major airplay.

I'm not sure how that stuff works, though. Would her label have to send it to radio stations?

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2015, 11:58:03 am »

Haha okay

True! Operator has the potential to get some major airplay.

I'm not sure how that stuff works, though. Would her label have to send it to radio stations?

That's usually the case, yes. Sometimes a song goes viral on its own and radio stations willingly play it of their own volition (like that "let me take a selfie" song), but for the most part the label has to make a concerted effort to get a song major airplay. Some labels actually pay a station to spin a song once per hour the day it comes out. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and big stars like that have all benefited from pay-to-play.

That's the downside of being on an Indie label - they don't often have the money or the "manpower" to really push a song onto radio. I'm not sure how much time and energy Dine Alone is willing to spend on that, since it doesn't seem like commercial success if a priority of Vanessa's these days.
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

fantastical

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2015, 02:24:46 pm »
was this posted?

liberman live on radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0X4bM-v8M

edited to add that skye's harmonization on "nothing where something" is really cute :3

https://soundcloud.com/wfpk/vanessa-carlton-on-wfpks-live-lunch-103015

Here you can listen to the interview as well.

This sounds wonderful. I love her and Skye's collabs if you could say that.

House of Seven Swords sounds just the way it should. I love the album version don't get me wrong but it sounds different and much better stripped down bare to just piano and strings. It's strange that she had so much difficulty with getting the rythm right. All the live performances 'clicked' before so how could that be a problem?

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2015, 11:32:01 pm »
Irv posted this recently. Not strictly 'Liberman' related, but I thought it was really sweet of him...

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:33:52 pm by Martin. »

private-radio

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 13, 2015, 04:20:34 pm »
Great performance of Operator. I am really in love with that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrm2sX1Byc
We should go, go...

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 14, 2015, 03:20:44 pm »
Great performance of Operator. I am really in love with that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrm2sX1Byc

This is awesome! I didn't know Skye was doing all that stuff (I haven't been watching the recent live performances, since I'm seeing her in December and want it to be fresh). I wonder if Vanessa's friend KT Tunstall introduced her to the looping pedal :P

omg her comment at the end XD
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2015, 09:39:26 am »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile