Author Topic: Liberman  (Read 215849 times)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Liberman
« Reply #570 on: November 17, 2015, 10:55:12 am »
Love this, so simple, elegant. And baby Sid is adorable as ever!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: November 17, 2015, 12:29:46 pm »
loving the glimpses into her life and home.  I see her smile while she looks at sid and that is what's magical.  she's stunningly beautiful as always.
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #572 on: November 18, 2015, 10:21:37 am »
Really pretty and I was surprised when Sid showed up. So adorable! I think it's cool that HTB was shot in her NYC house and now we've got a video in her Nashville one.

karenz

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: November 19, 2015, 05:34:47 pm »
Enjoying the new video. I loved the Hear the Bells video because it was so simple and personal, and this video does seem like the sequel to it, in a way. It's so sweet that Sid's in it. I wasn't expecting that.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 22, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
I don't know where to post this. But what do you guys make of the comment Irv Gotti left on her instagram post about taking a break from/ using less social media? I am intrigued.

"irvgotti187@vanessacarltonactual I actually knew this was gonna happen. As I know my V too well. So please before she disappears. Please. Someone. Management. Record Label. Someone. If not her. Get in touch with me. I have ideas and business to do with my V. This is real. I need to connect with her. She will love the ideas that I have for her. Trust me. And yes. This is Irv Gotti. And yes. Heroes and Thieves came out on my Murder Inc label. And yes. I'm Vee's GANESH! And Yes. I love and respect her and think she is a genius with the pen and that piano. And Yes. I will never stop fighting for her cause of the genuine love that I have for her. So please. I know someone is reading this. DM with her IG account so I will see it please. And get to talk to her. ❤️❤️❤️"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:31:12 pm by _all_is_well_ »

Alex0821

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 23, 2015, 06:22:29 pm »
I don't know where to post this. But what do you guys make of the comment Irv Gotti left on her instagram post about taking a break from/ using less social media? I am intrigued.

"irvgotti187@vanessacarltonactual I actually knew this was gonna happen. As I know my V too well. So please before she disappears. Please. Someone. Management. Record Label. Someone. If not her. Get in touch with me. I have ideas and business to do with my V. This is real. I need to connect with her. She will love the ideas that I have for her. Trust me. And yes. This is Irv Gotti. And yes. Heroes and Thieves came out on my Murder Inc label. And yes. I'm Vee's GANESH! And Yes. I love and respect her and think she is a genius with the pen and that piano. And Yes. I will never stop fighting for her cause of the genuine love that I have for her. So please. I know someone is reading this. DM with her IG account so I will see it please. And get to talk to her. ❤️❤️❤️"

That is reeeeeeally interesting. Why did she leave his label? I don't remember. Was it just a business thing (i.e. poor sales) or did they have a fight or something? I loved the production on H&T so I would be so stoked to hear another album like that, though I can't imagine we'll ever get it.
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

MrMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 24, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »
i am intrigued by this too, but i will say that heroes and thieves is my least favorite produced album. the instrumentations seem overdone and the vocals not enough. then the drums and instruments sound very processed while the vocals don't and it feels off putting to me like that. also, some of the melodies just feel cheesy. i realize i'm the minority of fans who don't like the album. actually, my friend just interviewed V and she said that she wasn't a fan of the cover and felt like they did too much and rushed it.

http://www.playbackstl.com/music/profiles/14280-vanessa-carlton-binding-dreams-and-casting-spells

anyway, i think now that she has more of a personal vision, i think working again with irv could have some interesting results.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:55 pm »

I'm definitely not opposed to hearing more tracks like "m-a-k-e-l-o-v-e-t-o-m-e".... but not sure if it's what V really wants.
Glad to know she's at least wanted and can do more things if she needs to... but ultimately, it is up to her.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: November 25, 2015, 09:29:10 am »
that's a great interview.  I like the introduction and the questions are different from the norm.  you're friend is great!
~Sara~

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 25, 2015, 10:10:31 pm »

What does he mean by "before she disappears"? Does he think this is going to be her last album or something? And are there romantic undertones here? He sounds a little desperate, which is not how V sounds at all...

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 26, 2015, 01:59:02 pm »

What does he mean by "before she disappears"? Does he think this is going to be her last album or something? And are there romantic undertones here? He sounds a little desperate, which is not how V sounds at all...

I thought it meant 'before she disappears' from social media, but who knows...

Anyways, I would totally be up for a V & Irv collab!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:38:44 pm by coldyoungheart »

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 28, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »
LOL but is any cover more rushed than this one?

I mean let's be honest, The H&T cover runs aesthetic laps around her more recent stuff.
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 29, 2015, 12:44:06 am »

You're probably right. I should be slapped for gossiping about v ✋

MrMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 29, 2015, 08:37:08 pm »
LOL but is any cover more rushed than this one?

I mean let's be honest, The H&T cover runs aesthetic laps around her more recent stuff.

minimalism does not equate being rushed and intricacy does not equate time thought out. though i'm not a fan of the liberman cover, i don't like the aesthetic of heroes and thieves at all.

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 30, 2015, 12:53:10 pm »

You're probably right. I should be slapped for gossiping about v ✋

Haha, don't worry about it.