Author Topic: Chantal Kreviazuk  (Read 33573 times)

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Chantal Kreviazuk
« on: May 27, 2003, 09:11:03 pm »
ok ok ...
There are alot of female solo artists out there and yeah there are a flood of them.  After listening to so many of them they all have a few good songs on the album and then it is throw away time.  Not with Chantal....from the first listen I knew this album was different.   Most of you probably have heard her single " In this life" already and if you like that I strongly encourage you to buy this album for a few reasons.  First of all it is damn good.  Two, the most you will pay for this CD is 9.99 and I have seen it even for 7.99  
She is not new to the music scene however, but she is new to the US shores I guess, for she has 2 other albums both double platinum according to her site.  She has a unique sound almost unexplainable.  She is a mixture of Sarah Mclachlan, Natalie Imbruglia, Sheryl Crow you name it.  She has the ability to sound different from song to song giving her that variety that keeps the album interesting.  My Favorite songs are " Time" ( suspiciously paralleling our own VC's Ordinary Day) " Waiting" and "Feels like Home"
I have yet to hear her earlier works but this album " What if it all means something" is for sure worth picking up =)
Some of you Jason Mraz fans will be seeing her support him on this summer tour....( like Trish)

Danny
http://www.chantalonline.com

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 09:20:10 pm »
Word. This is some cool stuff. When Danny was rockin' it on the iPod I was like "Yo who is this, this is pretty hot?" then we pretty much listened to the whole album... we got so distracted with that we got lost, but that is a whole other story LMAO... But yeah, fo' sho' pick that joint up.  :wink:

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 09:23:09 pm »
Yeah, the name is familiar. When I told my friend we were going to see Jason she said she saw him when he opened for her or they were in the same show or something like that. She said she was good but I have never heard anything.

jessicaweiser

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 09:38:47 pm »
Actually her second album Colour Moving and Still is her best, imho.  Her first album has some good songs too, but the second blows it away. Great production, great songs, good vocals, etc.  Sometimes I think she wails a little too much, but overall she's cool.  And her live version of "Surrounded" w/ just her and her piano is very beautiful. I love that song.

Favorite songs: Surrounded, Eve, M, Blue, Little Things, Souls

jessica

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 09:40:03 pm »
She also has a video that is very similiar to 1000 Miles... not saying that VC copied, but they are similiar :) Can't remember which song.

She's got piano skillz tho ;)

jess

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 09:42:48 pm »
I have a few of her songs...
Chantal Kreviazuk - Before You
Chantal Kreviazuk - Far Away
Chantal Kreviazuk - In This Life
Chantal Kreviazuk - This Year
I liked all of those a lot... so I decided to try the rest of her newest CD... but I wasnt feeling it. So I'll stick to those 4 songs as being awesome, but won't vouch for anything more.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 09:47:08 pm »
Hey Jess, did you just end up buying her older albums online, because they pretty much are not in any stores and we checked around here today  :?

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 02:47:09 am »
Nice!
I like Wild Horses from the Buffy the vampire slayer soundtrack.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 05:20:23 am »
YAY!  I thought my friend and I were the only people around who knew her stuff.  "Before You" is my favorite, and it was played on an MTV True Life something or other not too long ago and when I heard it I almost fell out of my chair, lol, because i never hear it anywhere.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

LimeTwister

Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 05:30:30 am »
she is awesome! I wanted to get her CD, but haven't yet (my dad doesn't like me buying CD's...oh well) anyway...she was on the Armageddon Soundtrack singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (and her version happens to be the first song I learned to play on the guitar a few weeks back)...Amazing I may add!

I might download a few more songs, and then decide to get the CD, I love "In This Life" already! "Feels like home" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" are great too.

I was going to make a thread for her but I remember chewing someone else for putting her on the other board a year ago...And if you check the one thread 5 top hot girls or what not, she is in my post...

*stops rambling*

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 06:58:56 am »
Wow, more ppl who like Chantal!  :D  I fell in love with "Feels Like Home" some years ago, when I heard it on the Dawson's Creek soundtrack. I (surprisingly) found "Under These Rocks and Stones" in a CD shop and bought it straight away without having heard anything else by her, and I really liked it, esp "Surrounded", it's one of my fave songs on it. I downloaded "This Year" & "Leaving on a jet plane" too, they're both good. Best thing of all is that I thought her latest album wasn't gonna be released here but I heard "In this life" on the radio yesterday!! I was like  8O It's such an awesome song!! I just really really hope we get the album, that makes me think we will but then I checked a couple of CD shops yesterday and couldn't find anything. Actually since I found Under These Rocks And Stones I haven't seen anything else by her in any CD shop  :?

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 08:05:47 am »
Chantal rocked the fucking house last night.  I have her newest CD and I totally dig it, but seeing her live was awesome.

She played:
This Time
Happy Birthday (for a girl in the audience)
Before You
Waiting
Surrounded
Julia
Feels Like Home
Leaving on a Jet Plane
What If It All Means Something
In This Life

So good
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 09:09:44 am »
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Chantal Kreviazuk
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 10:01:27 am »
I bought them a looong time ago. Her first one I got in 1997 I think.  The second one I think I bought online... it's awesome.  

:)

topher8467

• ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
I like her too
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 10:48:29 am »
Good news for Chantal fans:

She's scheduled to perform on :The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn tonight. That's Wednesday, May 28.
Ti Amo Michelle!