Author Topic: Canadians rock my world!!!  (Read 6040 times)

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
Canadians rock my world!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2003, 07:59:59 am »
And with one last post, let me clarify.

Quote from:  "Article IV, Section One of the Constitution"

Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.

So (for those who can't understand or follow) this says that in this example, say Vermont (who is on the path of legalizing full marriage between homosexuals) lets two homosexuals marry.  After they marry, the couple moves to Georgia.  Georgia could NOT refuse to recognize the marriage--they are forced to recognize this couple as being legally married, even if the law in Georgia says no to homosexual marriage.

It's kind of like the driving law, isn't there a state in the union where the driving age is 15?  Well he could drive down here to Georgia where the driving age is 17 and they couldn't give him a ticket for driving under age.  Catch my drift?
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

Katia's Lover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2003, 08:05:43 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
ummm no that had nothing to do with politics. It had to do with you and thinking that you should only love someone of the oposite sex. And I'm perfectly mature in what I was saying. Maybe instead of stupid would you have prefered ingorant? that's a better word for what you are. And if you don't need this crap why did you post that? If there was a gay person on this board they would have started even more then what I am saying. So seriously you don't make any sense.

Yes, what I had to say was my belief and what I would argue in a constitutional debate.  

AND WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY YOU SHOULD ONLY LOVE SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?  Do I agree with it?  No.  Do I really give a damn?  No.  As an old Garth Brooks song said "When we're all free love the ones we choose ... We shall be free."  So love who you love.  But that doesn't mean a state should be forced to recognize it.

And don't tell me you're being mature when all you can do is go around calling me either a) stupid or b) "ingorant".  I'm far from "ingorant" little girl.  

Why did I post that?  Because we had a nice little mature debate going before you called me stupid.  I was just stating that it was the STATES right to declare what their definition of marriage was.  

And if there is a homosexual on this board, I'd say the same to them to their face.  I'm not denying their right to love who they love or do whatever they wish to do in private.  But what I AM denying is their belief that they have a right to force a state to legalize their marriage.

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2003, 10:01:15 am »
I corrected myself from stupid. I think ignorant is a much better word for what you are,old man.

Sorry again for my sarcasm...I just can't help it sometimes. Just it seems odd how alot of people over 20 have a problem with gays and lesbians. What I think should have been said "let them live their life. That isn't my life style but I'm open to the fact that they are in love." Rather than "I think it's a special thing between a male and a female." Seems homophobic to me. But whatever. You're right, your thoughts and if you chose to post them here whatever. Your choice to not be open minded and I can't change that.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Katia's Lover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2003, 10:12:07 am »
ig-no-rant  \'ig-nô-rænt\ adjective (14th century)

1. destitute of knowledge or education : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified

Now, I've been called many of things in my 19 year old life.  But NEVER have I been called ignorant--especially on matters of judicial affairs.  

Why can't you make a solid argument to support your claims?  Why not come up with some semblence of an argument besides calling me a) stupid or b) "ingorant".

Funny how you can call me something, yet can't figure out how to spell it.

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2003, 10:13:43 am »
Funny how you feel pissa arguing with a 14 year old on a message board. Ohh I think you're cool!! Most def!

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2003, 10:15:11 am »
ohh and you knew that was a typo. Don't be such an asshole.

my bad you can't help it.

Katia's Lover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2003, 10:17:49 am »
Sorry again for my sarcasm...I just can't help it sometimes. Just it seems odd how alot of people over 20 have a problem with gays and lesbians. What I think should have been said "let them live their life. That isn't my life style but I'm open to the fact that they are in love." Rather than "I think it's a special thing between a male and a female." Seems homophobic to me. But whatever. You're right, your thoughts and if you chose to post them here whatever. Your choice to not be open minded and I can't change that.

NOTE FOR THE PUBLIC: This was an edit.

A) I'm not over 20.

B) I agree. Let them live their lives.  I'm open to the fact they are in love.  What me and my girlfriend do behind closed doors is our business--same goes to homosexuals.  But that does not mean they have a right to a state legalized marriage.

C) I'm by no means homophobic.  Once again, walk around this campus and you'll realize that any homophobic person would quickly transfer.  

D) I'm completely open minded to new arguments and new ideas.  Hell--I went to a catholic church last week and I'm pentecostal.  I've thought this out, did a small amount of research on it, and decided I don't think it should be legalized without the state's approval.

Katia's Lover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2003, 10:19:38 am »
Funny how you feel pissa arguing with a 14 year old on a message board. Ohh I think you're cool!! Most def!

NOTE TO MODS:  I accidently hit the report button.  Sorry, didn't mean to.

I'm not cool.  I'll be the first to admit that.

I love a good debate... you're just the only one right now to argue with.  Just so happens you're 14.

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2003, 10:24:24 am »
haha now this thread is gonna get locked..haha

anyways...you're doing a good job arguing with me.....hope you're having fun.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2003, 11:33:32 am »
That's cool Todd. I unreported it.

-Kev

topher8467

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2003, 01:02:25 pm »
Quote from: "GSUCarltonFan"
Ok people.  This is the crap I don't need.

Why must you people ALWAYS take a political/morality/whatever argument and come back with "you're stupid".

You have your view.

I have mine.

We disagree.

That makes none of us stupid.

Just different.

Grow up.

Todd, you're the only one making a big deal out of it. Although it's hard to know if that's your real opinion, or if you're just trying to piss off the world, as your signature states.

You see, no one can really tell if you truly have an opinion or if it's merely just another attempt to start an argument. You've lost a lot of credibility, therefore, no one really knows what you're actual opinions are.

Christopher
Ti Amo Michelle!

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2003, 02:05:21 pm »
Quote from: "topher8467"
Todd, you're the only one making a big deal out of it. Although it's hard to know if that's your real opinion, or if you're just trying to piss off the world, as your signature states.

You see, no one can really tell if you truly have an opinion or if it's merely just another attempt to start an argument. You've lost a lot of credibility, therefore, no one really knows what you're actual opinions are.

Christopher

I think he has made is opinions quite clear. And maybe you should try to examine what he means by his sig. Pay attention! You missed something!

Why is it hard to know his real opinions? If he is playing devil's advocate, he has been doing it consistantly.

Ehhh.... why do I bother? Your post boils down to the same "you are dumb, and ignorant too" message echoed above by others. Try actually discussing his points. If you have to resort to ad homniem, then you don't have any buisness entering a discussion such as this.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2003, 02:12:32 pm »
Quote from: "GSUCarltonFan"
ig-no-rant  \'ig-nô-rænt\ adjective (14th century)

1. destitute of knowledge or education : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified

Now, I've been called many of things in my 19 year old life.  But NEVER have I been called ignorant--especially on matters of judicial affairs.  

Why can't you make a solid argument to support your claims?  Why not come up with some semblence of an argument besides calling me a) stupid or b) "ingorant".

Funny how you can call me something, yet can't figure out how to spell it.

are you sure no one has called you stupid or ignorant behind your back? Seems funny if no one has before.

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2003, 02:14:33 pm »
Quote from: "m125 Boy"

Christopher

I think he has made is opinions quite clear. And maybe you should try to examine what he means by his sig. Pay attention! You missed something!

Why is it hard to know his real opinions? If he is playing devil's advocate, he has been doing it consistantly.

Ehhh.... why do I bother? Your post boils down to the same "you are dumb, and ignorant too" message echoed above by others. Try actually discussing his points. If you have to resort to ad homniem, then you don't have any buisness entering a discussion such as this.

you should consider minding your own buisness once again.

Katia's Lover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2003, 02:23:38 pm »

Christopher

It's hard to know if that's my real opinion?  So, you're thinking I actually believe that homosexuals SHOULD be able to marry... yet, I argue that they shouldn't... just for kicks?

Um.  No.

I wear my opinions on my sleeve my friend... they're not that hard to figure out.  

My signature was a reflection on the fact that I often times piss off a lot of people with the fact that I'm not afraid to tell them what they need to know.