Poll

Do you believe Kobe Bryant?

Yes
19 (67.9%)
No
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 21, 2003, 07:36:52 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe Kobe Bryant?  (Read 21328 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2003, 06:04:16 pm »
oops
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2003, 06:04:39 pm »
oops part 2.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2003, 06:27:31 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Wow you should learn to NOT SPEAK due to the fact that when you do nothing ever nice comes out of your mouth/typing.

...And the 14 year old chimes in with her opinion....  I'm not sure if I should respond, or just laugh.

Being RIGHT and being NICE are sometimes at Odds.  And being right is usually more important to me.

Or do you think that people should be allowed to tell lies, mistruths, make slanderous statements and attack the credibility of others without being disputed, because, god forbid you say anything MEAN about them?

...why am I bothering?  If you were the kind of person who would grasp these concepts then you wouldn't have thrown your hat in with such a silly statement anyways.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2003, 06:37:20 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Wow you should learn to NOT SPEAK due to the fact that when you do nothing ever nice comes out of your mouth/typing.

...And the 14 year old chimes in with her opinion....  I'm not sure if I should respond, or just laugh.

Being RIGHT and being NICE are sometimes at Odds.  And being right is usually more important to me.

Or do you think that people should be allowed to tell lies, mistruths, make slanderous statements and attack the credibility of others without being disputed, because, god forbid you say anything MEAN about them?

...why am I bothering?  If you were the kind of person who would grasp these concepts then you wouldn't have thrown your hat in with such a silly statement anyways.
---Andrew
'

You would be shocked at the concepts that I know. And sometimes being right isn't everything. Did someone forget to tell you that in your life? I think so. Being nice far greater then being right. I learned this thing when I was younger .........If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. You might have been right but it was the way you said it that made you said it. I don't think you'll remember this because you're 23 and you think you have everything figured out. You made Laura feel like crap probably. No one ever taught you about other peoples feelings and how girls are more sensitive than boys. Thats right...you havent learned.....you didn't listen. Sure I'm 14 years old and I might not know as much knowledge as you but I know that being nice is far greater then being right. Maybe you should grasp that concept.

Bottom line...you could have been right with being nice at the same time. It's not hard. But again....you think you know it all. It's not worth anymore time to me.

Bye!

David Hart

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2003, 06:40:01 pm »
Throw his ass in Jail...what a Bastard

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2003, 06:56:04 pm »
You would be shocked at the concepts that I know. And sometimes being right isn't everything. Did someone forget to tell you that in your life? I think so. Being nice far greater then being right. I learned this thing when I was younger .........If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. You might have been right but it was the way you said it that made you said it. I don't think you'll remember this because you're 23 and you think you have everything figured out. You made Laura feel like crap probably. No one ever taught you about other peoples feelings and how girls are more sensitive than boys. Thats right...you havent learned.....you didn't listen. Sure I'm 14 years old and I might not know as much knowledge as you but I know that being nice is far greater then being right. Maybe you should grasp that concept.

Bottom line...you could have been right with being nice at the same time. It's not hard. But again....you think you know it all. It's not worth anymore time to me.

I'm not gonna have a debate with a 14 year old.  You have no intelligent insight into the conversation, as evidenced by your belief in the phrase "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".  I'm sure Hitler would have appreciated this sentiment; thankfully the allies were willing to ignore your adivce, and had a few "mean" things to say to him.  You're in that "i know it all" phase that you will someday grow out of.  So consider yourself lucky that I'm gonna ignore this post and move on.

BTW, if I were you, I'd go back and reread then edit your paragrah... because frankly, it's almost unreadable.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2003, 06:57:19 pm »
Quote from: "David Hart"
Throw his ass in Jail...what a Bastard

Whatever happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty?  Is the burden of proof on the defense now?
---Andrew

---Andrew

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2003, 06:59:40 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

I'm not gonna have a debate with a 14 year old.  You have no intelligent insight into the conversation, as evidenced by your belief in the phrase "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".  I'm sure Hitler would have appreciated this sentiment; thankfully the allies were willing to ignore your adivce, and had a few "mean" things to say to him.  You're in that "i know it all" phase that you will someday grow out of.  So consider yourself lucky that I'm gonna ignore this post and move on.

BTW, if I were you, I'd go back and reread then edit your paragrah... because frankly, it's almost unreadable.
---Andrew

You're not going to have a debate with a 14 year old because you know I'm right. Ohh did I hit a nerve yet?

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 04:47:52 am »
You're not going to have a debate with a 14 year old because you know I'm right. Ohh did I hit a nerve yet?

Point proven.  Thank you!
---Andrew

---Andrew

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2003, 06:31:47 am »
o_O

WOW!

I must say Andrew has a good arguement! However I really don't feel the need for you to get so angry. It seems to me you right in just about everything I said, but lets try to debate nicely, everyone is entitled to their opinion rather their opinion is wack ass or not.

However to break some of the tension, listen to what Jay Leno said last night:

He said something to the extent of, (but this is not an exact quote), "The girl accusing[/i] Kobe Bryant of rape claims she is not out for media attention and to get money......*pause*..........Although her friends are look everyday and night they are on CNN NBC MSNBC Fox News and More!"

LMAO!

And I know also, the beauty of the message board is that you don't have to read the fighting threads and stuff, but I am interested in this story and I would like to read the arguements!

Argue peacibly please, I have enough fighting at home.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2003, 10:29:59 am »
OK.. my take... Kobe is an ass no matter how you look at it.  He's shamed himself, he's shamed his family, he's shamed his team.  He shoews up in a press conference sniveling like a whiny baby.  Doesn't erase the fact that he cheated on his beautiful wife, and put in jepoardy his family which includes his child only MONTHS old.  Simply to "get some." And so guilty of not of the "crime" it's disgusting to see many sportscasters, fans and his team coming out saying poor Kobe... he's a jerk no matter what happens in this case.  Don't lose sight of that.

Now as far as the case goes... you have an emotionally unstable girl, who recently broken up with her boyfriend.  Confirmed by her friends to be suicidal and hungry for fame i.e. The American Idol auditions (so much so that her family has asked friends to stop talking).  Now there is a possibility that she was known by other NBA players as a "groupie" who often followed players around and that she may have a relative in the local DA's office.  I'm sorry but NONE of this looks favorably on her case.  The facts of this are going to come down to a classic he said/she said because no one knows what happened inthat room but them.

Truthfully, if he did it... put him away.  If she falsely accused him, she should go away for the same time.  That is such an injustice...  and would stop a lot of the nonsense...  we'll see how it pans out...  but even an aquittal doesn't stop Kobe from being a creep...
-- Jason

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2003, 12:53:21 pm »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
OK.. my take... Kobe is an ass no matter how you look at it.  He's shamed himself, he's shamed his family, he's shamed his team.  He shoews up in a press conference sniveling like a whiny baby.  Doesn't erase the fact that he cheated on his beautiful wife, and put in jepoardy his family which includes his child only MONTHS old.  Simply to "get some." And so guilty of not of the "crime" it's disgusting to see many sportscasters, fans and his team coming out saying poor Kobe... he's a jerk no matter what happens in this case.  Don't lose sight of that.

Now as far as the case goes... you have an emotionally unstable girl, who recently broken up with her boyfriend.  Confirmed by her friends to be suicidal and hungry for fame i.e. The American Idol auditions (so much so that her family has asked friends to stop talking).  Now there is a possibility that she was known by other NBA players as a "groupie" who often followed players around and that she may have a relative in the local DA's office.  I'm sorry but NONE of this looks favorably on her case.  The facts of this are going to come down to a classic he said/she said because no one knows what happened inthat room but them.

Truthfully, if he did it... put him away.  If she falsely accused him, she should go away for the same time.  That is such an injustice...  and would stop a lot of the nonsense...  we'll see how it pans out...  but even an aquittal doesn't stop Kobe from being a creep...

I agree with you totally! He blew it and now will probably have to settle out of court since he doofed up. I can't really see him raping the girl but regardless he has made an ass of himself!!! His wife is HOT!!! what is he thinking?!?!?!?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2003, 01:07:59 pm »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"

i would disagree with this entire paragraph... but i'm an asshole and my opinions on such matters are different than most.  

Personally, i don't think him cheating on his wife makes him an ass, nor do i think he's shamed himself, his wife or his child.  I think his wife knew what she was getting when she married him and I don't think she EVER expected him to be faithful.  A girl marries an NBA star and she KNOWS what shes getting herself into.  Same as marrying a rockstar.  It's part of the package.  Notice she doesn't seem particularly upset by all of this?

Now, for those who think that him cheating on his wife ALONE makes him an asshole *shrugs*,  valid opinion, who am I to argue?  Personally, I dont think so.

But the real issue here, is if he's a rapist.  And IMO, there has been NOTHING to indicate that he is, so why would we assume so?
---Andrew

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2003, 01:10:16 pm »
Quote from: "Alecs"
I agree with you totally! He blew it and now will probably have to settle out of court since he doofed up. I can't really see him raping the girl but regardless he has made an ass of himself!!! His wife is HOT!!! what is he thinking?!?!?!?

He was thinking "my wife is 800 miles away".  Not to mention, men don't always want to do the same things with the mother of their child.  Sometimes, that takes some of the sexiness out of it all.  I'm gonna stop there to avoid being too graphic.

Or maybe it's just an ego thing?  Who are we to judge his MORALITY.  If he were a mormon, would it be ok?  If his wife KNEW about it and said he could do it, would it be ok?  How do you know she didn't?
---Andrew

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2003, 01:22:09 pm »
last comment, I am only mean in arguments to people who flout their own ignorance, make incorrect statements without backing them up, angrily attack other people or lie to people.

It's like training a dog.  If the dog pees on the carpet, you don't coddle him.  You scold him, yell at him, smack him on the nose with a newspaper.... do other things loud and scary to establish a set of consequences for his actions.

If people are shown that they can say, OR DO, whatever they want WITHOUT consequences then we end up with complete anarchy.  We end up with misinformation and lies being spread as facts, you end up with false rumors being spread about people.... without the FDA you end up with companies LYING about whats in the food you eat...

To quote my favorite Jasonism "Freedom of speech is not freedom from the consequences of what you say"

Personally, I insist on discouraging this kind of behavior.
---Andrew

---Andrew