Poll

Do you believe Kobe Bryant?

Yes
19 (67.9%)
No
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 21, 2003, 07:36:52 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe Kobe Bryant?  (Read 21332 times)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2003, 01:44:35 pm »
It was her wannabe famous friends that are saying she doesn't want money just justice. If you were raped you don't go to a party 3 days before charges are filed and talk about how well endowed Kobe is. I wouldn't wanna talk about it. She's not talking because it's hard to keep your story straight when you keep talking to people so the DA doesn't want her to talk. Besides, the less she says now, the more money her book deal will be worth.
I think it turned into rape when she realized all Kobe wanted was some sex and she didn't want to look easy.

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2003, 01:49:52 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Personally, i don't think him cheating on his wife makes him an ass, nor do i think he's shamed himself, his wife or his child.  I think his wife knew what she was getting when she married him and I don't think she EVER expected him to be faithful.  A girl marries an NBA star and she KNOWS what shes getting herself into.  Same as marrying a rockstar.  It's part of the package.  Notice she doesn't seem particularly upset by all of this?

Weren't you the one speaking up in an earlier post about how "Kobe has never been anything OTHER than a perfect gentlemen according to EVERY report." In fact in most reports even I've heard him talked about like he was a damn saint.  I think any wife has the reasonable expectation of fidelity from her husband. And frankly, if what you say is true about professional athletes and rock stars, then they really are pathetic losers...
-- Jason

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2003, 02:19:44 pm »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
Weren't you the one speaking up in an earlier post about how "Kobe has never been anything OTHER than a perfect gentlemen according to EVERY report." In fact in most reports even I've heard him talked about like he was a damn saint.  I think any wife has the reasonable expectation of fidelity from her husband. And frankly, if what you say is true about professional athletes and rock stars, then they really are pathetic losers...

I still don't consider his infidelity to indicate that he is LESS than a gentleman.  As I said, in his situation, I see nothing wrong with it.

As for the comment about athletes and rock stars being pathetic, I disagree; I think they just live by different rulse and standards.  That doesn't make them bad people, just different.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2003, 05:34:36 pm »
...for some reason, i believe him...

kinda sad...

but still he shouldn't of been cheating on his wife!

CheapandEvilgrl

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Littlefish81
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2003, 06:00:11 pm »

As for the comment about athletes and rock stars being pathetic, I disagree; I think they just live by different rulse and standards.  That doesn't make them bad people, just different.
---Andrew

I agree with Jason, being famous does not give a guy cheating privileges.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2003, 06:28:47 pm »
Quote from: "CheapandEvilgrl"

I agree with Jason, being famous does not give a guy cheating privileges.

I never said it did.  What I suggested is that his WIFE gives him cheating privileges and that the wives of all (or most) professional athletes and musicians give them this privilege.  Ever read a book about a rock band on tour?  Led Zepplin's Hammer of the Gods, for example?  It lays out the situation pretty clearly.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2003, 12:12:15 pm »
Kobe was stupid and naive to get married at 20 in the first place. His cheating on her was inevitable. He basically married his "first love" thinking this will last forever as a stupid lovestruck kid would. Cheating is wrong but I'm sure he isn't the first guy and definitely not the last guy with power or fame or money to cheat on his wife.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2003, 01:05:12 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Kobe was stupid and naive to get married at 20 in the first place. His cheating on her was inevitable. He basically married his "first love" thinking this will last forever as a stupid lovestruck kid would. Cheating is wrong but I'm sure he isn't the first guy and definitely not the last guy with power or fame or money to cheat on his wife.

I still don't understand why cheating is "wrong".  And no one has yet clarified, is it cheating if she said it's OK?

frankly, I think you guys are being awfully judgemental about a situation you know nothing about.  Who are we to judge Kobe's mariage?
---Andrew

---Andrew

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2003, 01:13:23 pm »

I still don't understand why cheating is "wrong".  And no one has yet clarified, is it cheating if she said it's OK?

Oh yeah, she really said "it's ok hunny, you can cheat on me, go ahead I don't mind" I mean come on, that's just silly.

frankly, I think you guys are being awfully judgemental about a situation you know nothing about.

Well you are to. Your trying to defend Kobe like you were in there and saw everything, well you didn't. I didn't see everything either, so maybe Kobe is telling the truth, but it was still wrong to cheat on his wife nontheless. Just my opinion.

x Jennifer x

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - Jenniferx20@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iiijennifer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocites.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2003, 01:22:49 pm »
Well i think everything grakthis is saying makes much more sense...

but reagrdless of any of yer opinions i think this is how it went
kobe screws her
she probably wanted more then that
but kobe denys
then she gets angry for not getting what she wants and makes up a dirty lie
and kobe well, he just ashame for what he did "chetaing on his wife and stuff"...bleh Lol

thats how i see it...then again i'm crazy so um yea..will you guys shutup..it dont matter ..either way i still like/hate kobe and its obvious that mostly basketball stars always getting accuse of doing something the probably didnt do.. ...this is like getting very old in my book..

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2003, 01:32:07 pm »
Quote from: "Me&myPiano"
Oh yeah, she really said "it's ok hunny, you can cheat on me, go ahead I don't mind" I mean come on, that's just silly.

Um.. little miss naive... it happens.  Often.  I've MET people with open marriages.  Normal people.  I've read books by rockstars where they quote their wives saying that it's ok for them to cheat because they know where home is.  So if you honestly don't think it's possible, then you need to study up on the lifestyle.  A lot.

Quote from: "Me&mypiano"
Well you are to. Your trying to defend Kobe like you were in there and saw everything, well you didn't. I didn't see everything either, so maybe Kobe is telling the truth, but it was still wrong to cheat on his wife nontheless. Just my opinion.

I never said I was there.  I never said he was innocent.  I just said I belive in the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" and since there is no evidence of his guilt, i refuse to believe in it.

Frankly, you need to learn to stop putting words in people's mouth's and making assumptions about the things they say.  It's a sign of immaturity.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2003, 01:34:04 pm »

Oh, and as a side note;  the word is "too".  Two o's.  If the word is used to mean the same thing as "as well" then its two o's.  And don't even say it's a typo, cause you do it in all your posts.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2003, 01:46:51 pm »

Oh, and as a side note;  the word is "too".  Two o's.  If the word is used to mean the same thing as "as well" then its two o's.  And don't even say it's a typo, cause you do it in all your posts.

Almost everybody here doesn't type perfectly, so why just get on my case? Your just straight up rude. And so what if I do it in all my post's? Sorry i'm not as "perfect" as you...

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2003, 03:19:13 pm »
Yeah... i'm sure it was all ok with his wifeand kobe doesn't feel guilty about cheating... everybody drops $4mil diamond rings on thier wives after cheating on them when it's no big deal...

an a side note...

I heard the accuser is quite the jewlery girl herself.. kobe gave her a perl necklace followed by a bronze choker... at least that's what she says... ;)

(credit: The Kimmer)
-- Jason

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2003, 06:59:25 pm »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
o_O

WOW!

I must say Andrew has a good arguement! However I really don't feel the need for you to get so angry. It seems to me you right in just about everything I said, but lets try to debate nicely, everyone is entitled to their opinion rather their opinion is wack ass or not.

However to break some of the tension, listen to what Jay Leno said last night:

He said something to the extent of, (but this is not an exact quote), "The girl accusing[/i] Kobe Bryant of rape claims she is not out for media attention and to get money......*pause*..........Although her friends are look everyday and night they are on CNN NBC MSNBC Fox News and More!"

LMAO!

And I know also, the beauty of the message board is that you don't have to read the fighting threads and stuff, but I am interested in this story and I would like to read the arguements!

Argue peacibly please, I have enough fighting at home.

Erm, you can't make up for something you did, like rape, with money. It just doesn't work like that. Same with the Catholic Priest Scandal. Half the people who sued the Archdiocese of whatever city weren't even TOUCHED! They just wanted money. You know who's affected by dishonest retards like that? I am, 'cause they're taking money from my diocese to give to them, and I see only a little fraction of it. So, I'm screwed 'cause we have NO MORE MONEY!

The moral of this post : You CAN'T make amends for something like rape with money.

(Sorry to bring Catholics into this . . . )

I hate the phone