Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 226891 times)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Evanescence
« Reply #1125 on: April 26, 2006, 12:23:57 pm »
I can't wait! I only wish that it was coming out sooner.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #1126 on: April 26, 2006, 06:03:43 pm »
If the Ev album beats Ben's to stores, I will be upset  :lol:.

It is nice to have a tenative date!
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #1127 on: April 26, 2006, 06:38:56 pm »
Quote from: "B"
If the Ev album beats Ben's to stores, I will be upset  :lol:.

It's possible.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #1128 on: April 26, 2006, 08:18:15 pm »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: @ efanar.info.

So if that is out in 2013, that means it will be beaten by MTT!  :o
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #1129 on: July 08, 2006, 09:06:05 am »
01- Sweet Sacrifice[/i]: The listener is enchanted by the universe of Amy Lee from the very first notes, in such a way that it could be classed as the goddess neogothic style (Amy not the track). She gives us the first feelings, through this song that will keep us on it and entertain us for the next hour. Terry's guitar part flirts with sharps so that Amy's voice follows in the same tonality. With the postulate placed as early as the first beach (meaning this song placed first) gives the feeling that the believed Evanescence of 2006 has a heavier sound and a production a lot less cold than Fallen's.

02- Call Me When You're Sober[/i]: The first single of the album begins with a soulful piano intro (Amy's favorite instrument on which she composed most of the writing of the songs) supported by a great and somewhat produced singing. One would note the samples at the end of the refrain.

Amy: "It's DJ Lethal, a mate of Terry's, work. He did a great job with the samples and I am more than satisfied with it!"

The large sound of Terry's guitar and LeCompt's arrangements with the rhythmic guitar make it one of the heaviest songs on the album. The verses of the break "You never call me when you're sober/You only want it cos it's over" probably have something to do with the relationship Amy had with her ex-boyfriend Seether's Shaun Morgan.

03- Weight Of The World[/i]: The guitars begin as early as the intro making Amy's voice blended into murmurs sampled alternating with Balsamo's jerky riffs. The singing becomes more and more synthetic when the guitar moves with the Electro-acoustic accompaniment. The song is totally different from the previous repertoire of Evanescence.

04- Lithium[/i]: The enchanting duo of piano/voice of the first few minutes of the piece make you recall immediately My Immortal of the previous album. When the bass, the guitar and the drums re-enter the song (we get the image of My Immortal band version) the ambiance becomes even more solemn. The voice charged with emotion and gives the listener sadness similar to that of Origin (the first real Evanescence album).

05- Cloud Nine[/i]: We plunge instantly into a dark movie soundtrack with Amy's murmuring and vocalization, which lull us throughout the whole piece, which has a very dark atmosphere. DJ Lethal's samples yet again blend very well with the music.

06- Snow White Queen[/i]: The glaucous is still decisive as the drums progressively lean towards a more electronic sound throughout this track. The chorus (You belong to me/My snow-white queen) is very effective.

07- Lacrimosa[/i]: An orchestra of 22 strings, conducted by Dave Campbell (who had already worked with the band for the re-adaptation of My Immortal at the Billboard Awards ceremony of 2004) opens the song to better introduce a backing choir to Amy's voice.

Amy: "Dave Campbell is an enormous source of inspiration for me. He is very talented. The manner in which he arranges the orchestral parts is simply remarkable. It's the element of our music that makes me want to cry!"

Terry's solo guitar part adds to the environment of the piece before the choir does not close it continuing the descending notes. It was recorded in a chapel in Seattle, this is the second pearl of the CD.

08- Like You[/i]: Lethal is ever present and the guitars are insidious and the voice is mumbly and sad. Then Terry slowly fades away to make it more like a dream. It is a slow, short and very rich title.

09- Lose Control[/i]: Another one based on piano, electronic drums, heavy guitars and a trebled voice. It was all made in value by David Fortman.

Amy: "Dave understands our music perfectly, as if he's in my head. It is good to work with such a renowned person but if this person does not understand that which you seek and feel your band would end up playing like someone else. Dave always urged me to write and to bridge and to surpass myself."

10- The Only One[/i]: The guitar part is remarkable with Terry's nagging guitar. The vocalizations and piano of Amy remind you of those of Missing (an Anywhere But Home bonus track). When the seven-string guitar is played one is reminded of KoRn (of whom Evanescence did a cover (Thoughtless) in the Anywhere But Home DVD). The melody of this piece is unstoppable. Definitely the third pearl of this CD.

11- Your Star[/i]: The piano is the prime instrument here even putting up the maturity of the band's music. The choir and strings make their re-appearance here at the end of the track making an epic outro.

12- All That I'm Living For[/i]: The guitar opens here the taking place of the piano with a very heavy riff. One will notice a reference to the title of the album in the excellent refrain already engraved in our memory after only one listening. This is definitely the fourth Pearl.

13- Good Enough[/i]: With the image of a CD relatively dominated by piano, the CD concludes with one of the most intimate piano/voice duo. The strings come to support Amy's voice charged with emotion (Am I good enough for you to love me too?). Longer than five minutes, we still prefer, however, Hello from the last album.

SOURCE MAGAZINE

This was posted on another board. I can’t read French.

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #1130 on: July 08, 2006, 11:38:04 am »
You're not alone, concerning French illiteracy. I used to listen to Evanescence, but...I've moved on to bigger and better things, if you wish.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
Evanescence
« Reply #1131 on: July 10, 2006, 11:40:26 pm »
Quote from: "Vultch"
01- Sweet Sacrifice[/i]: The listener is enchanted by the universe of Amy Lee from the very first notes, in such a way that it could be classed as the goddess neogothic style (Amy not the track). She gives us the first feelings, through this song that will keep us on it and entertain us for the next hour. Terry's guitar part flirts with sharps so that Amy's voice follows in the same tonality. With the postulate placed as early as the first beach (meaning this song placed first) gives the feeling that the believed Evanescence of 2006 has a heavier sound and a production a lot less cold than Fallen's.

02- Call Me When You're Sober[/i]: The first single of the album begins with a soulful piano intro (Amy's favorite instrument on which she composed most of the writing of the songs) supported by a great and somewhat produced singing. One would note the samples at the end of the refrain.

Amy: "It's DJ Lethal, a mate of Terry's, work. He did a great job with the samples and I am more than satisfied with it!"

The large sound of Terry's guitar and LeCompt's arrangements with the rhythmic guitar make it one of the heaviest songs on the album. The verses of the break "You never call me when you're sober/You only want it cos it's over" probably have something to do with the relationship Amy had with her ex-boyfriend Seether's Shaun Morgan.

03- Weight Of The World[/i]: The guitars begin as early as the intro making Amy's voice blended into murmurs sampled alternating with Balsamo's jerky riffs. The singing becomes more and more synthetic when the guitar moves with the Electro-acoustic accompaniment. The song is totally different from the previous repertoire of Evanescence.

04- Lithium[/i]: The enchanting duo of piano/voice of the first few minutes of the piece make you recall immediately My Immortal of the previous album. When the bass, the guitar and the drums re-enter the song (we get the image of My Immortal band version) the ambiance becomes even more solemn. The voice charged with emotion and gives the listener sadness similar to that of Origin (the first real Evanescence album).

05- Cloud Nine[/i]: We plunge instantly into a dark movie soundtrack with Amy's murmuring and vocalization, which lull us throughout the whole piece, which has a very dark atmosphere. DJ Lethal's samples yet again blend very well with the music.

06- Snow White Queen[/i]: The glaucous is still decisive as the drums progressively lean towards a more electronic sound throughout this track. The chorus (You belong to me/My snow-white queen) is very effective.

07- Lacrimosa[/i]: An orchestra of 22 strings, conducted by Dave Campbell (who had already worked with the band for the re-adaptation of My Immortal at the Billboard Awards ceremony of 2004) opens the song to better introduce a backing choir to Amy's voice.

Amy: "Dave Campbell is an enormous source of inspiration for me. He is very talented. The manner in which he arranges the orchestral parts is simply remarkable. It's the element of our music that makes me want to cry!"

Terry's solo guitar part adds to the environment of the piece before the choir does not close it continuing the descending notes. It was recorded in a chapel in Seattle, this is the second pearl of the CD.

08- Like You[/i]: Lethal is ever present and the guitars are insidious and the voice is mumbly and sad. Then Terry slowly fades away to make it more like a dream. It is a slow, short and very rich title.

09- Lose Control[/i]: Another one based on piano, electronic drums, heavy guitars and a trebled voice. It was all made in value by David Fortman.

Amy: "Dave understands our music perfectly, as if he's in my head. It is good to work with such a renowned person but if this person does not understand that which you seek and feel your band would end up playing like someone else. Dave always urged me to write and to bridge and to surpass myself."

10- The Only One[/i]: The guitar part is remarkable with Terry's nagging guitar. The vocalizations and piano of Amy remind you of those of Missing (an Anywhere But Home bonus track). When the seven-string guitar is played one is reminded of KoRn (of whom Evanescence did a cover (Thoughtless) in the Anywhere But Home DVD). The melody of this piece is unstoppable. Definitely the third pearl of this CD.

11- Your Star[/i]: The piano is the prime instrument here even putting up the maturity of the band's music. The choir and strings make their re-appearance here at the end of the track making an epic outro.

12- All That I'm Living For[/i]: The guitar opens here the taking place of the piano with a very heavy riff. One will notice a reference to the title of the album in the excellent refrain already engraved in our memory after only one listening. This is definitely the fourth Pearl.

13- Good Enough[/i]: With the image of a CD relatively dominated by piano, the CD concludes with one of the most intimate piano/voice duo. The strings come to support Amy's voice charged with emotion (Am I good enough for you to love me too?). Longer than five minutes, we still prefer, however, Hello from the last album.

SOURCE MAGAZINE

This was posted on another board. I can’t read French.

wasn't that on evboard. i did see it on evboard. i'm excited. i can't wait till october 3rd.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Evanescence
« Reply #1132 on: July 11, 2006, 12:14:37 am »
I'm almost convinced to buy it myself, and I'm not even really a big fan or anything.  I just always listen to them on the radio and Amy Lee has one of my favorite voices.
Dustin

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #1133 on: July 11, 2006, 09:48:22 am »
Quote from: "beforethedawn"
wasn't that on evboard. i did see it on evboard. i'm excited. i can't wait till october 3rd.

probably, someone reposted on the TYboard since I dont read the Evboard that closely anymore.

PianoLover24

Evanescence
« Reply #1134 on: July 11, 2006, 10:22:13 am »
sometimes the Evboard thinks they know EVERYTHING....

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #1135 on: July 11, 2006, 12:46:12 pm »
If you had a better scan Vultch, I could translate it!
But the title says:
"3 months before its release on October 3rd, Rockmag gives you the premiere of The Open Door, the long-awaited sophomore album from Evanescence. Play!"
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Rick

• View Profile
    • blog
Evanescence
« Reply #1136 on: July 13, 2006, 10:23:10 pm »
oh my gosh. i read a message from amy saying that will boyd quit the band. man, he said he just couldn't handle another tour.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #1137 on: July 13, 2006, 10:43:28 pm »
... and then there were 3.

I give Will mad props for doing what is best for him and his family, though.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #1138 on: July 13, 2006, 10:48:06 pm »
wow.... that bites!
He'll be missed.

Rick

• View Profile
    • blog
Evanescence
« Reply #1139 on: July 14, 2006, 01:09:57 pm »
Quote from: "B"
... and then there were 3.

I give Will mad props for doing what is best for him and his family, though.

correction...

... and then there were 4
amy
john
rocky
terry