Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 228957 times)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2003, 06:18:52 pm »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
I wonder if you really do like Evanescence more than Staind now....Which BTW, Staind was number 6 I believe on MTV2's Rock Countdown...Or whaever they call it....LoL!

*sigh* Its a constant battle. Staind is tops because of one thing... Aaron's lyrics and emotion that goes into them. But then there's Vanessa, perfect in every way, and Evanescence which has great songwriting (not as good as Staind), beautiful vocals from Amy and monster guitar riffs from Ben.
All three artists are right there at perfection... I would say I'm the bigger "fanatic" of Vanessa, with Ev a close second, whereas I'm not as fanatical over Staind, but Staind has touched my life so much, that I still gotta keep them #1.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2003, 06:30:06 pm »
hey holls yeh we were only allowed one poster per person im sorry i would have gotten u one but only one per person.

I miss u to Jules, im sorry we dont get to talk much these days.

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #407 on: July 21, 2003, 07:15:58 pm »
Yeah Kev I have to say I understand...
I have my favs for personal reasons.
Being fanatical and then having music touch your life is different.
I have so many favorites I guess I could not do as you have.
I would have a fav for each music genre.
I guess Vanessa had me more fanatical than any other artist too =)

Danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2003, 08:32:04 pm »
i'm fans of people for different reasons too...
i guess with my boys (Nsync) ive been a fan for 5 years, and on top of loving their music and thinking they're hot i grew attached to them for another reason too... being a fan of nsync took my attention off of other things that were bothering me in my life, i put the attention that i would normally have other places into my fandom... and they helped me through alot!
with Vanessa a couple of her songs did touch me and is why i'm such a big fan now! A Thousand Miles came out around the time my grandma was dying from cancer/died and that song made her think of her and kinda put me at peace with the whole thing! i cried the first time i heard "Paradise" and that song is one of the main things that helped me overcome a problem.
i'm also a big fan of Samantha Mumba, i really started being a fan when i met her for the first time. and she was one of the sweetest people ive ever met. so besides loving her music i love how down to earth she is! ive met her three times in total now and she gets nicer every time! (she's the only one of my favorites ive listed that ive met)
and Evanescence which is the latest band i'm a big fan of... i think i just became a fan of them cause of their powerful lyrics, great music, and Amy's beautiful voice! and seeing them in concert made me a bigger fan, especially when Ben and Amy were kind enough to wave back at me! a couple of their songs have touched me too... and i love all the songs!

i become fans for many different reasons... but those are the only 4 i'm crazy about now!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #409 on: July 21, 2003, 08:47:32 pm »
Quote from: "GJenkins05"
The drop down note just sounds weird live, that is why I was wondering if she has been doing it on purpose or if it is just her voice warming itself. It seems like once she drops it sometimes she can't get the pitch of her voice to go back up for a bit.

Not that I am complaining, because I thought it was a killer performance, just an observation.

Plus both times I have seen them in concert the begining of "Going Under" hasn't sounded like that, so I dunno  :?. It isn't all that big of a deal though.
Brian- what notes (part) exactly are you referring to?  She should be doing most warm ups and such prior to even going on stage so it shouldn't be that.  It's very difficult to switch from a low registry to a high registry, so perhaps for things recorded, she just keeps them lower?

But i'm curious what part exactly you're thinking of?

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2003, 12:01:23 am »
Quote from: "katia"
Brian- what notes (part) exactly are you referring to?  She should be doing most warm ups and such prior to even going on stage so it shouldn't be that.  It's very difficult to switch from a low registry to a high registry, so perhaps for things recorded, she just keeps them lower?

But i'm curious what part exactly you're thinking of?

-katia

... actually, the more I watch / listen to the live GU performances and kind of think about how the actual song goes, it makes sense how she drops her voice into the lower registry in the begining and brings it back up later ... For some reason when I first heard it, it sounded really weird. I am not phased by it now though ... I think I am just going crazy  :lol:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2003, 10:24:59 am »
The funny thing is this... the more people discuss it on the evboard the more annoyed i get.  They think she is tired, touring to much, singing to much... etc.  The funny thing is, if you sing properly, you could sing all day everyday without having a problem with your vocals.  I'm willing to bet that Amy knows how to sing properly.  It is also dependant on the temp how easy some notes are to hit.  If you're hot, or your vocals are hot, or the area is hot, she may have a hard time hitting some lower notes (some people do) or perhaps some higher.  I'm pretty sure the beginning of Going Under isn't her lowest note, I doubt she would write a song stretching her vocal range and it just sounds soooo clear.  I think she is just changing it up due to personal preference... keeping it lower, more seductive, etc.  She does keep it lower for all live performances that i've been to/heard.  Especially during "and you, still won't hear me" in the first couple lines.  Also the part "maybe i'll wake up for once" so i thought maybe one of those parts is what you were talking about it.  I think it sounds neat personally.  It's also possible that on the CD, the low notes are in her chest voice, and the higher notes are in her head voice, and she doesn't feel *that* comfortable switching between them on the fly live... i'm not sure.  But i *KNOW* it isn't her getting tired.  Plus, she said she warms up every day and lately has been warming up to Mariah Carey ;)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2003, 12:36:47 pm »
Some pictures from the Mt Druitt appearance Katie was at  :D

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2003, 07:01:50 pm »
whoa... red... on amy.... wow!
I <3 Nicole

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #414 on: July 22, 2003, 11:03:27 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Some pictures from the Mt Druitt appearance Katie was at  :D

AWESOME!!!!!!!! I wont upload my pix because u can see what they looked like there.
Thanks Kevin.

Oh i got my photos back today by the way lol.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2003, 12:00:47 am »
I WANT TO SEE YOUR PICTURES

you can't see her very well there... PLS upload :)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2003, 12:35:45 am »

Here you are Katia  :D  they arnt very good because my camera is a little old, oh well they were amazing live so i guess the memory counts more than the pictures do :)

Thanks 4 taking an interest. woo and I hope you liked my bedroom walls LOL.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2003, 12:45:25 am »
Quote from: "aleera84"
Here you are Katia  :D  they arnt very good because my camera is a little old, oh well they were amazing live so i guess the memory counts more than the pictures do :)

Thanks 4 taking an interest. woo and I hope you liked my bedroom walls LOL.
They're great!  and actually i DID like your bedroom walls.  Now that we're on that topic... ... the style of architecture seems a bit diff than what i'm used to here in America and it's very intriguing.  The paint job is very detailed and the ceiling being white is nice, not to mention the trimming between the ceiling and walls!  (I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of the house.. *nod*)

That seems like a newer flat with "Bring Me To Life and Going Under" advertised.  I also like how you've pin'd up the Ev CD cover with the autographs.  I also must compliment you on writing your name on a post-it so she could personalize it... very smart (I haven't thought to do that once, yet... duh)

Cheers
-katia

EDIT: My Bad, I also forgot to mention i dig the BNN CD too ;)

Can you also explain who are in the top pictures?  *clueless*
I <3 Nicole

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2003, 05:56:41 pm »
:D  thanks 4 replying.

Here are the other ppl on my bedroom walls  :wink:
The top ppl are Delta Goodrem, then on my other poster it is the cast from Neighbours- Michelle Ang, Jaimie Robbie Reyne,Jay Bunyan, Delta Goodrem and Blair McDoungh, then my signed Innocent Eyes cd and Delta Goodrem again :)

Thanks 4 the compliment about the paint job on my walls LOL I didnt know it was different over there in America.
LOL ill see if i can take more pictures of my house for you hehe.

I love my Evanescence poster its so big on my wall, its very nice.

drumpad

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2003, 03:03:30 pm »
It's pretty interesting that she used to live in Florida. At  the concert she had family there. her uncle was sitting in the upper rows of hard rock i believe
 ---"poot slap, poot slap, dawg with that thump"