Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 238027 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #810 on: January 13, 2004, 10:27:38 pm »
That's okay Brian. I guess we will wait and see who it is.

I am sure it will get booted soon. I don't have that equipment or else I would, sorry.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #811 on: January 15, 2004, 09:03:23 pm »
I really like Evanescence, althought some songs are a little toooo slow. I like fast songs, but a lot of the songs on the album are a bit slow.

I like how they did My Immortal over, in a way. the video had more to it, the song was way better than the one on the cd.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #812 on: January 15, 2004, 09:08:50 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
Ok, I need some help here. I got tickets to see Ev in Reno on 2/15...  who is opening?

and I heard that Ben is playing on Avril's new cd.

I don't know.  I could possibly find out if you still want to know.  It should be on that big sign out by the freeway next to the Reno Hilton. :wink:   Are all the tickets sold out yet for the Reno show?  If not I might buy some now or in a week or two.

tylor

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #813 on: January 15, 2004, 10:37:04 pm »
I don't know if it is or not. You might call. It's also GA so that's always a plus.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #814 on: January 15, 2004, 10:52:22 pm »
I've always preffered standing room to seats.

I'll check on the big sign to see if it says who is working with them.  Or I'll call to see if not.  I pass by the Reno Hilton everyday commuting to and fro by way of highway 395.

Edit: I might even buy tickets there, if it is there.  I'm guessing yes.

tylor

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #815 on: January 18, 2004, 06:57:51 pm »
NEW MEMBER OF EVANESCENCE!!!!!!!

Scooter Ward of the band COLD posted himself that Terry from the band Cold has left the band Cold and will now be in the band Evanescence.

Topic -> THIS IS SCOOTER AND TERRY HAS GONE AWAY
sw131313
 TO COLDARMY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO ITS OFFICIAL.TERRY HAS LEFT US FOR EVENESCANCE.I DONT KNOW WHY AND I DONT WANT TO.I ALSO DONT KNOW WHY AMY THREW MY LIFE OUT THERE LIKE SHE DID.I NEVER DID ANYTHING BUT TREAT HER WITH RESPECT.BUT THIS IS THE LIFE I CHOOSE AND I UNDERSTAND NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE A SECRET.I JUST WISH SHE WOULD HAVE LET ME TELL MY STORY WHEN I WAS READY.AS FOR COLD WE ARE REALEASING WASTED YEARS SOON.WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW GUITARIST AND WE WILL BE STARTING ON OUR NEW RECORD WHEN WE GET OFF THE ROAD.TERRY WAS AND IS A GREAT PERSON AND I DONT THINK ANYONE SHOULD EVER SPEAK ILL OF HIM.I LOVE HIM AND HE WAS ONE OF MY BEST FREINDS AND IT HURTS MY HEART TO LOOSE HIM.SORRY EVERYONE.
posted: 1/18/2004 13:41 Reply | PM | Edit | IP

http://coldonline.com/bboard/forum/viewtopic.asp?TopicID=1482272&topic=THIS+IS+SCOOTER+AND+TERRY+HAS+GONE+AWAY&forumID=17
...and yes, that IS really Scooter. (he always posts in all CAPS.. it doesnt mean anything)

--------
and then theres this:
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/20040116_evanescence.html

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #816 on: January 18, 2004, 08:22:19 pm »
Kulp, thanks for the heads up.
I love Cold. I love Scooter & Terry both, so its a shame it has to happen like that. But Ev will be even better with Terry now, I have no doubt about it.

LimeTwister

Evanescence
« Reply #817 on: January 18, 2004, 08:57:34 pm »
i read that on ultimate-guitar.com (lmao it seems like everytime i go there i go on a day with Ev news on it)...

anyway...what did amy do, I don't know the whole story....

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #818 on: January 18, 2004, 09:12:13 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
anyway...what did amy do, I don't know the whole story....

take it for what it's worth *shrug*

EVANESCENCE singer Amy Lee has confirmed to Australia's Undercover News that COLD guitarist Terry Balsamo is now a permanent member of EVANESCENCE.

According to Lee, that also means COLD is history. "They could hire another guitar player and continue, but I'm pretty sure that their lead singer is in and out of rehab and having real problems," she told Undercover News. "He has been for a long time and I don't think they're going to be making another record. Terry was in a situation also where their band was very unhappy, so I think we came together on a common ground."

Balsamo was initially brought into EVANESCENCE as a temporary replacement for Ben Moody after Moody walked out of the band midway through their European tour late last year. After several shows with Balsamo, things "just clicked" between the guitarist and the rest of the group and he was asked to become a permanent member of EVANESCENCE.

"[It is] better than I ever expected, because I knew him," Lee said of working with Balsamo, "but I didn't know him so well that it was like we were best friends. I knew I could count on him and it's been such a relief. It's like one thing in a million other things that has happened so naturally. Terry's an insane guitar player with awesome stage presence. He has a good personality and he's down to earth and on top of all that stuff, he's a great writer and he's done a lot of great writing. I didn't really realize when we first brought him into the band, so all around, Terry is one of the best decisions we've made".

Asked if Terry's appointment has created sore feelings with the rest of the COLD members, Amy told Undercover News, "I haven't talked to them. We all went on tour together in the States, which is funny, that's how we met. Scooter, the lead singer, was really hurting, it was not good, but the rest of the guys in the band are really awesome. I love Jeremy and Kelly's really cool and I was friends with both of those guys. I didn't know the drummer very well, but I don't think there is any sore feelings, I think they were all pretty sick of the situation in their band."

taken from: http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/index.aspx?PageNum=2

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #819 on: January 18, 2004, 09:13:19 pm »
Well since I love Evanescence more, and Cold rocks, I think it's cool. Terry will be a great addition to the band!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #820 on: January 19, 2004, 09:11:15 am »
My favourite band of all time. =) I've been a fan of them for about five years now.

Why did Ben Moody leave the band? Any opinions/theories on this? Maybe he thought he wasn't getting enough recognition with the 3 top-10 hits, couple of grammys and billboards, and the #1 album. o.O
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #821 on: January 19, 2004, 11:10:19 am »
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"
My favourite band of all time. =) I've been a fan of them for about five years now.

5 years... like when they were still in high school... uh huh. :roll:

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #822 on: January 19, 2004, 11:14:30 am »
i didn't really like "bring me to life", but i really enjoy "my immortal"! great song with so much emotion. i think i may buy the album.

kelley
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #823 on: January 19, 2004, 02:40:05 pm »
Quote from: "snapple936"
i didn't really like "bring me to life", but i really enjoy "my immortal"! great song with so much emotion.

The you'll probably like 'Hello'...
Which makes Tia cry...very much...
Too close to home... :roll:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #824 on: January 19, 2004, 02:42:05 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"

5 years... like when they were still in high school... uh huh. :roll:

I wasn't even born yet!   :razz: