Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 223252 times)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #765 on: December 07, 2003, 12:24:20 am »
A year ago today (Saturday Dec 7 02) a day that changed my life, I went to see the movie EMPIRE with my friend. Decent flick, no complaints.
I was driving home after, it was like 11pm, I was listening to 107.7 The End in Seattle when a song comes on the radio. I almost shrug it off for nu-metal rap/rock till I hear that its actually a duet, and more than that, it's a female singer doing one of the parts! After the song was over I didnt hear any credits, and the only line I could remember was "wake me up". When I got home I wrote that down and then searched around the next day but couldnt find any song along the lines of "wake me up". A couple days go by actually and I hear it on the radio again. That time I emailed the DJ and he told me the artist and songtitle was some band called Evanescence and the song was "Bring Me To Life" from the forthcoming Daredevil soundtrack.
Immediately I download the MP3 and search the net for more. I stumble upon Gabe's site and the v1 evboard. The following months with the help of teh Gabe & Brad, I took a crash course in all things Ev. A year of good times have followed.

the end :)
-Kev

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Evanescence
« Reply #766 on: December 07, 2003, 12:59:45 am »
*loud roaring applause*

man, they've been around a year... :?

And the there's the E V A N E S C E N C E threads on the o-board that prove it...haha

Cool story

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #767 on: December 07, 2003, 01:36:59 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
A year ago today (Saturday Dec 7 02) a day that changed my life, I went to see the movie EMPIRE with my friend. Decent flick, no complaints.
I was driving home after, it was like 11pm, I was listening to 107.7 The End in Seattle when a song comes on the radio. I almost shrug it off for nu-metal rap/rock till I hear that its actually a duet, and more than that, it's a female singer doing one of the parts! After the song was over I didnt hear any credits, and the only line I could remember was "wake me up". When I got home I wrote that down and then searched around the next day but couldnt find any song along the lines of "wake me up". A couple days go by actually and I hear it on the radio again. That time I emailed the DJ and he told me the artist and songtitle was some band called Evanescence and the song was "Bring Me To Life" from the forthcoming Daredevil soundtrack.
Immediately I download the MP3 and search the net for more. I stumble upon Gabe's site and the v1 evboard. The following months with the help of teh Gabe & Brad, I took a crash course in all things Ev. A year of good times have followed.

-Kev

Word  :wink:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #768 on: December 08, 2003, 06:33:54 am »
Im not sure if I have been a fan of Ev for a year but I sure have been there when Kevin first discovered them.
Fallen hadnt been released yet and Kevs had stumbled upon some rare Ev tracks so he started pimping them to me every second of the day and wouldnt stop until one day I finally gave in and burned a copy of some tracks such as My Immortal, Bring me to life etc.
I still have that disc and I have written on it "Evanescense" lol.
At first I didnt like it at all but didnt tell kevin that (oopsie sorry Kev) but I gave it a few chances and let my mum hear hehe.
We both gradually got used to it and then one day I realised that I loved Ev.
All that hard work of Kevin's paid off with the help of Danny who brought me Fallen <3
I was so excited when I got to meet them because as Kevin said in a letter he once wrote me- we both got to share a similar experience.
So heres to a few more Evan and Kevin years- CHEERS!!
 :drunk:

Posi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://zeromindmusic.com
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #769 on: December 08, 2003, 04:59:12 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"

-Kev

sniffle*sniffle   Those were the days. Man I miss Gabe... I miss v.1.0 too... I miss lots of things. It's amazing seeing them where they are today compared to a year ago. It's about my first year anniversary as well. AS WELL as meeting BV! xoxxo

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #770 on: December 08, 2003, 05:18:48 pm »
v1.0 was the shiznat.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #771 on: December 08, 2003, 07:54:46 pm »
Look at this: http://blackvulture.thiscrappyband.com/files/sofresh.jpg lol I picked up a copy of So Fresh an Australian cd and it has Ev in it.
I think it made abit of a mistake with who helped write Bring me to life- *D. Dodges* hahaha

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #772 on: December 08, 2003, 09:49:02 pm »
wow! cool Kev!!  :D
I remember all those threads you made way back then!
but i was a late bloomer... and the first time i heard them was 3-20-03.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #773 on: December 08, 2003, 11:10:29 pm »
Quote from: "aleera84"
Look at this: http://blackvulture.thiscrappyband.com/files/sofresh.jpg lol I picked up a copy of So Fresh an Australian cd and it has Ev in it.
I think it made abit of a mistake with who helped write Bring me to life- *D. Dodges* hahaha

HAHAHAHA BURN! Poor David, no respect.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #774 on: December 08, 2003, 11:15:56 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
wow! cool Kev!!  :D
I remember all those threads you made way back then!
but i was a late bloomer... and the first time i heard them was 3-20-03.

Yep it took TRL to finally get a way for you to hear it. lol

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #775 on: December 08, 2003, 11:48:41 pm »
lol call him D D for short  :razz:

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #776 on: December 10, 2003, 06:40:46 pm »
OK that performance was way too awesome. I didn't know Amy Lee played piano!
Joe

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #777 on: December 10, 2003, 06:44:00 pm »
Amy can do everything!! :D
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #778 on: December 10, 2003, 06:45:18 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
duh, classically trained ;)

without ben to do the opening to bmtl, they have been having her play it on keys
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #779 on: December 10, 2003, 06:45:30 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"

Yeppers  :wink: