Author Topic: I guess I will never understand why.  (Read 5552 times)

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
I guess I will never understand why.
« on: September 18, 2003, 09:06:21 am »
Why people want to fit in line.

You know everyone goes to the same store and buys the same clothes and talks about the same thing, and have the same little clich of friends.

A kid told me today, he was talking about something we do in 3rd period, and he said, Rob thinks you gay.

Now if you don't know, I don't dress in abercrombie, holister, american eagle, or any of that...I wear LP shirts and paint my finger nails black.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people who do, anyone who is cool with me, I can be cool with.

But that kid(J) said that Rob said that J was gay too, or atleast he thought. And he seemed like he was going to die, because someone thought he wasn't "COOL."

Who is Rob to judge, and who is he to make the calls in the first place? First off, if someone want's to be gay, that is their own business, and it will not matter to me.

Second, WHY ARE PEOPLE DEVISTATED when they don't get the "COOL" label from the "COOL" people?!?! I think it is nuts that people think they have to be perfect in the eyes of everyone...

I mean of course my argument is going to sound weird, probably tons of grammar mistakes, because I woke up 5 minutes ago. Anyways...I still don't see it.

When that kid told me what

to be continued

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 09:31:12 am »
You paint your fingernails black?
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 10:07:52 am »
I am about to study conformity in pyschology. I'll let you know when i have an answer. lol

And don't worry about those people, thats why i think its kinda important to have a uniform in your early school years. But just know that in the end you will win over these people, because you have the strength to know who you are.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

LimeTwister

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 11:20:10 am »
everyone wants to be wanted by someone...accepted by people.  If you say it doesn't matter, or think it doesn't matter, deep down it does.

Some people say what people think, doesn't matter to them.  In reality it does matter, you want to have friends you want to laugh with people, you want to be wanted.

High School is one big popularity, most of that is because people don't know how to achieve making friends at this age....Also all the abercrombie is "a sign of wealth"...if you have money to buy top dollar, you are top dollar.

It's kinda weird at my school.  Like we have the preps, but most people are anti-prep.  The prep's act like top dollar arogant assholes, most of them at least....which also puts sterotyping in place.

I am gonna stop now, because i have no clue if any of that makes sense.

but i will end with my favorite quote "what we call human nature in actuallityis human habit" - Jewel

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
Re: I guess I will never understand why.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 11:32:34 am »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
I think it is nuts that people think they have to be perfect in the eyes of everyone...

*claps* Glad you think that too. I've told ya before I have nothing against people who paint their fingernails black or people who choose to wear their pants at their ankles... Its just not what floats my boat. So I wear something else in order not to drown myself. ;) ha ha

Honestly, I just dress for myself. If I think that Abercromie hoodie is cute, kudos! And I didn't even spend the moo-lah on it myself either! (LOL!)

But like, okay. Today, I couldn't really give a crap. Think I'm dirty go ahead, but I didn't feel like showering JUST to go sit in fronta a computer today for three hours, so I didn't bother showering. I didn't run a sweaty marathon earlier, I didn't wear the same underware, ... Just didn't shower in the morning.

And what I'm wearing ain't all that lovely either. I'm wearing a XXL t-shirt I have from my boyfriend, over that my blah school shirt, and extremely broke-in sandals khaki-corderoy pants that don't look the best on me when worn with the rest of my "ensemble".

Do I worry about if other people are snickering at me? A little. Does it rack my brain every minute I'm sitting here? Nope.

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 11:45:24 am »
It seems that *MY* parents think this way:

Preps are people who do drugs. I shouldn't like them.

Skaters are people who do drugs. I shouldn't like them.

Teachers are people who do drugs. Only like the old foh-gies who are most likely stuck in the "drugs are bad" era.

LOL!

Not that I've never had many friends, I think I've had plenty of friends. But for example, the other day on the bus downtown another guy who goes to LifeSkills with me gets on and we start talking. Somehow it came up and he asked me if I missed my friends from my other school I just transferred from. I said not really. He goes oh, you didn't have friends? and he looks at me funny. I looked at him back and said Yes I DID have friends, but I never did anything with them. He goes yeah you didn't have any friends. I didn't bother arguing with the guy, but I just told him my parents are strict, and I never did much with anyone FROM school OUTSIDE of school. He goes OOoooh.

I agree, it is petty when your world "blows up" because you didn't have the "right" friends.

Honestly, my only friends are family and my boyfriend/soon to be husband. No one is close to me more then them. Does it bother me? A little because we've all got our own lives... But I don't let it bug me enough to where I go searching for more available friends. I guess I'm just happy with what I got.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 01:21:09 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
everyone wants to be wanted by someone...accepted by people.  If you say it doesn't matter, or think it doesn't matter, deep down it does.

Well honestly to me it doesn't.  I have a good number of friends, I mean tons, and their the type of people who will like someone for who they are, not for how they dress, and act, that is in a certain sense. Of course they wouldn't wanna hang around someone who thinks it is funny to shoot spitballs, but their not gonna reject them because their not snotty like them...It's just weird to me.

I mean no matter what, those snotty kids arn't gonna take away my true friends, and their not gonna stop me from making friends...Just like today, I started talking to a freshman in PE and we snapped immediatly, he's a really cool kid!

I don't know, i'm feeling sick and it's hard to think...

PS the reason I said, "to be continued" was I was typing that up at lunch and I had to run...

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 02:06:31 pm »
i hear ya, i mean... i cant sit here and say i dont wear some hollister or whatever other brand name clothes but i dont wear them to fit in or be cool, i wear what i like- its as simple as that.  If i feel like wearing pajamas to school (not the ones i wore to bed mind u hehe) then i do... i honestly dont care, whatevers comfortable is cool with me.  As far people being called gay- that can be sooo unbelievably disrespectful, if you're gay so what, i dont walk around telling people i'm straight, and if they arent gay thats so wrong to assume just because of a persons actions or how they dress... ugh thats sucha peeve of mine.  I'm soooo over that trying to fit in thing, i have a great group of friends, and as long as u have some great friends, it shouldnt matter what other ppl think.  If people want to go and make fun of other people its only because they're insecure with themselves so they make fun of others to make themselves feel better and cuz they dont have a life of otheir own so they get involved in other ppls.

Anyways- DM i <3 ya and i'm glad that you stand up for urself and dont let others bring ya down... you're great... i just wish other ppl wouldnt let things like that get to them so much, but if only the "bullies" would mind their own business.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 02:23:19 pm »
Yeah Gina...It's stupid because that is most people's greatest thing--If they call someone gay...They think they've won....so stupid...

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 02:25:00 pm »
Also, I can say, I'm not hard core, all black decked out, I wear what I like too, not usually stuff from a&f but I do have one shirt from there, but I bought that 3 years ago I think...cause it said "Nice Rack" and I loved it! haha I hardly wear it though cause it's yellow! akkk!

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 02:25:06 pm »
Yeah Gina...It's stupid because that is most people's greatest thing--If they call someone gay...They think they've won....so stupid...

:cry:  makes me so sad when i hear things like that, seeings as one of my best friends in the whole world is gay, goodness i can't stand when people have sucha big problem with it, and i you do, atleast have the decency to not speak of it.
Gina

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 02:26:31 pm »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
You paint your fingernails black?

Does it matter?

Vanessa said herself paint it black[/i]

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 02:28:03 pm »
Quote from: "NYnessaholicGina"

:cry:  makes me so sad when i hear things like that, seeings as one of my best friends in the whole world is gay, goodness i can't stand when people have sucha big problem with it, and i you do, atleast have the decency to not speak of it.

Yeah, how can they think they have the right to control them...

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 02:29:28 pm »
i have no idea... thats why i completely agree with you that i will never understand those people :(
Gina

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 02:39:19 pm »
Yep...