Author Topic: INVITATION FOR NESSAHOLICS - Dec 6th, NYC, NY  (Read 156763 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
INVITATION FOR NESSAHOLICS - Dec 6th, NYC, NY
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2003, 01:08:45 pm »
Idea: and what if part of the documentary was shot in Europe??
I mean, there's a lot of Nessaholics here too now.
I feel like we're being 'forgotten'!
I know Vanessa is not really big here but still, I'd appreciate that kind of gesture.
What do you guys think? where should I wrote for that? I"m not sure I can use the email addy they used to tell us about that thing.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2003, 01:13:52 pm »
anyone else going to share with us what you wrote?

okay, i'll share mine =) i faxed it and emailed it in yesterday

1. Be a fan: I am not only a fan but a dedicated nessaholic since January 2002. Since the first time I heard Vanessa's music I was addicted. As soon as I could find a copy of the' A Thousand Miles' single I already couldn't get enough, the live version of 'Twilight' on the single increased my anticipation for Be Not Nobody to be realeased. I promoted her music to all my friends, buying the cd for many of them, and played her cd in my classes at school when I got the chance. Everyone at my school knows me as the Vanessa Carlton fan, and are never surprised when they see me in the music room playing 'Wanted' (my favorite song!)  on the piano. I had my friend include her in her journalism article for the school newspaper and interviewed me on how Vanessa has had such an impact on my life. I have been to every concert in LA, and went through a lot of trouble to get tickets to a radio concert where Vanessa would be performing 3 songs. At the House of Blues concert I begged and pleaded to the security guard to give me a meet and greet pass, after it was succesful I went to the meet and greet room with my pass only to find that the security guards there did not want to let me in to meet vanessa. I was devistated that I would not be able to meet her and be able to tell her what an inspiration she has been to me, and cried to the security guards who still did not let me in. I would like to tell her how much her music has influenced my life. I have played the piano for a few years and was determined to learn one of her songs. My teacher refused to teach me saying it would be too hard and that I was over estimating myself. I did not care what she said however because I knew that one day I could be a pianist like vanessa if I wanted to be. With her as my inspiration, I bought the sheet music and taught my self every single one of her songs. This was not an easy task as I was always told that I could not play at that level. A Thousand Miles was the hardest for me to learn and took the most time, but the day that I finally got it I sat at my piano and nearly cried with joy I was so excited by my accomplishment. After I could play what I wanted to I realized that I not only wanted to play as well as vanessa but I wanted to be able to write as well as her also. Again I was told that I couldnt do it, that I wasnt ready. But with Vanessa as my role model I have written 11 songs and 5 compositions, all of which I have impressed the people around me with what they never knew I could do. Vanessa helped  me realize my passion and be proud of my musicianship. She is the reason why I still play the piano today, and  continues to be my inspiration for my music and life.

2. Tell us the question you want to ask. If I could ask Vanessa a question I would ask her what it means to her to have such a large impact on people everywhere, she has fans worldwide dedicated to her and people like me that have found not only a wonderful musician but an inspiration in their life.

If I am chosen, the trip to new york will be not only my christmas present from my family, but my dream come true.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2003, 01:47:34 pm »
this is what i am submitting:

1) Be A Fan: In Late December 2001 my sister told me about a fresh new up and coming artist.  "She plays the piano, and she used to be a ballerina!" she said.  Being a dancer since age three I decided to check out Vanessa Carlton, and downloaded A Thousand Miles and listened to it as soon as I could.  I fell in love with the song instantly, and I made all my floor mates at college listen to it as well.  It wasn't before long when I had registered with the Street team and the VCMB.  I loved spreading the word about Vanessa and her music, no matter how many times I heard "oh yeah, the piano girl" or "wait, that's Michelle Branch!"  Soon enough I had bought the album and had other songs like Swindler and Red Ditty.  At the same time, I was going through a period in my life where I was surrounded by fake relationships and friendships.  At the time I was distancing myself from those relationships, I relied heavily on the songs from Be not Nobody because they are so true and genuine (lyrically and musically).  Songs like Wanted and Twilight were so empowering to me because the message i got  from them was that through the bad times, there is always the hope that things will turn out ok.  I can honestly say that I will never see the sky the same way because I have seen twilight.  I think that one of the main reasons that Vanessa has so many fans is that her talent and honesty show through in her song writing, and it definately affected and inspired me in so many ways.  
I don't have any Vanessa inspired tatoos, I don't run a fan site, and I have only seen her in concert once.  But I don't think that having bragging rights to all that makes a true fan.  Supporting Vanessa, her music, and her fans is what makes someone a true fan.  I feel that I have done all that and more.  I would love to take this oppertunity to thank Vanessa for all the inspirations and truths she has given her fans through her music.

2) my questions: #1- Vanessa, your music is something very special that my sister and I share.  How close are you with your family, and how does being on the road and the schedule that comes with being a celebrity affect it?   #2- at the Oneonta show a fan asked when you are going to play Superhero again.  You laughed and said "Well Britney Spears can have Superhero" we have taken that as you saying that you are past the time in your life when you wrote that song.  Are there other songs like Superhero (i.e. All I Ask, Carnival, etc) that you don't plan on performing or releasing because you are past that time and those songs don't hold a meaning anymore?

I'm emailing it tonight!  I really hope we get lots of NESSAholics that win!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2003, 04:27:21 pm »
egh, mines reeeeeeeeaaaaaally bad:

I was watching TRL as usual, when i saw a small clip of a girl playing a piano. It was only shown for 30 seconds, but as soon as i heard the piano riff, i knew that it was going to be one of my favorite songs, and this girl playing the piano would be one of my favorite singers. Carson Daly announced that it was Vanessa Carlton, a new, up and coming artist. I immediatley went to her website, and counted down the days until her cd would come out. As soon as i heard her cd, I said to myself, "This girl get's it." Her cd was happy, and it was dark. It was hopeful, and it was ominous. She didn't sing like her life was one big happy pop song.....She was real.

Ever since then, Vanessa Carlton has not only been my favorite singer, but also an inspiration in my life. I live in a small country town, where being different is not nurtured. I've never really felt like anyone understood me, because I've been so different from everyone I know. Even my own friends at times make me feel like I am alienated and unimportant. On April 26th, I attended one of Vanessa's shows with my sister and a small group of friends. It was by far the best night of my life. For once, I felt like I was accepted. No one cared what I said or whether it was weird or not, or what I wore, what I did....I was surrounded by people who had the same love I did: Vanessa and her music. It was one of the only times where I actually felt accepted, and not like a complete weirdo. After the concert, Vanessa agreed to meet fans. I thought it would be a quick "Hi!", snap of a picture, and then leave. But Vanessa took the time to talk to each and every fan, and take as many pictures and autographs as needed. She even took the time to encourage my sister to keep dancing, one of the biggest passions of her life. Meeting Vanessa was surreal, and one of the most important times in my life. Vanessa's kindness, compassion, and music have impacted my life in a big way. Through her I have found acceptance, and selfe assurance. All I have to do is remember the night I saw her in concert, and I know that life isn't as bad as it may seem.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2003, 04:34:41 pm »
eek, i forgot the question part!!! So, i'm sending it again, this time WITH the question. here's my q:

You have inspired so many people in so many ways, including their musical style. As you began to first write your music, who was your musical inspiration? Do you have the same musical inspirations as you did from the beginning, and if no, who are they now?

MyLifeIsLikeATM

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - wackyjacquie02@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VCandMrazHolic7
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic02
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2003, 08:19:10 pm »
thats a great question!
im entering too. but mine is wayy long.

can some of you tell me what ur opinion of how long a too long entery might be?

-Jacquie =)

August 7th 2003, the best day of my life.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2003, 09:08:31 pm »
lol... well mine is wayyy long too!!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

MyLifeIsLikeATM

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - wackyjacquie02@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VCandMrazHolic7
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic02
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2003, 10:03:38 pm »
ok, good! lol. now i dont feel so...idk..so, different? lol

-Jacquie =)

August 7th 2003, the best day of my life.

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2003, 07:18:17 am »
So when will they let you know if you get an invitation?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2003, 09:18:39 am »
I think Katia said by December 1st! lol... now I'm even more excited for December 1st than I was!!!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2003, 09:36:06 am »
Quote from: "Vanessa's Evil Management"
I know guys, lets create an AMAZING competition and then rub it in the faces of people who are 4000 miles away!

(Andrew i hope you are proud!)

Whats worse is that when she came to the UK i wrote SO many letters to everywhere possible- they were so good (even if i do say so myself!) full of b/s like "it would be a dream denied for her to come to my home and for me not to meet her." I could've just copied and pasted!LOL *sigh* No love for the English.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2003, 09:46:29 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Whats worse is that when she came to the UK i wrote SO many letters to everywhere possible- they were so good (even if i do say so myself!) full of b/s like "it would be a dream denied for her to come to my home and for me not to meet her." I could've just copied and pasted!LOL *sigh* No love for the English.

I feel you Rosie.
But at least, you got to meet her. That's better than nothing!
I didn't even have the chance to do that :(
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2003, 01:08:52 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "Vanessa's Evil Management"
I know guys, lets create an AMAZING competition and then rub it in the faces of people who are 4000 miles away!

*sigh* No love for the English.

Ahem. No love for the English, the Dutch, the French, the German, the Spanish (we didn't even get her in concert for God's sake!  :evil: ), the Italian, the Portuguese, the Vatican (lol, maybe the Pope likes ATM?), the Greek, the Danes, the Irish, the Swedes... do I need to continue? This is not fair. God knows I'd spend all my money if necessary to fly to NYC for a couple of days and back, but I know my parents would never let me go, esp with such short notice  :cry:

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2003, 01:28:36 pm »
What about Cali yo?

close to 30 million folks in one state...and we get no love.  NO LOVE!

I guess though I don't deserve to go because there's no way in hell I'd spend the money for a plane ticket to go to NYC for a day.  *shrug*

I'd drive to SF though. :D
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2003, 02:18:59 pm »
C'mon guys, i think we need to be thankful (no pun intended) that they're even doing something like this.  I think it is a huge leap towards positive promotion of Vanessa which in the end, is what we really want.. right?  I know it sucks that everyone can't go, and it is really last minute, but let's just hope that the positive feedback from this adventure will provoke them to do more things like this in the future with perhaps more notice and such so people could fly in, etc.  I think we just have to all accept that Vanessa lives in NYC and there is probably quite a bit on the documentary from NYC so it makes sense (same camera crew and everything) to do it all there.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton