Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 57381 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2004, 12:18:38 pm »
I am so glad that Leah's gone. Jake Simpson was WAY better at "Let's Stay Together".
Joe

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2004, 01:13:11 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"

I HAD to change it when Clay was on, ew!! I listened to like a few seconds and he sounded terrible. Maybe it got better but what I heard was terrible. Oh, and does anyone else get annoyed when they say American Idol, Clay Aiken cause he so didn't win. WTH?

how rude... I thought Clay sounded pretty good last night, not his BEST but I adore him.  And he IS the real American Idol, which is made clear by album sales, and his popularity.  

And as for the John Stevens guy, yes he has a good voice for the type of music he sings, but he's so wrong for the competition, and I personally find him boring.  but that's just me.

And Jon Peter Lewis.. how can you guys like him.. he's really not that talented.  He kind of annoys me.... :?
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2004, 01:19:44 pm »
lol, i don't know what it is about john stevens! :-P

holly i pretty much agree with your list!

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2004, 03:58:08 pm »
well, i agree with Gina on John Stevens. he's not right for this kind of competition. but, i do think he's really talented. i think he'll go next week because well, next week is country, and i really doubt he can sing country.lol. but, i do respect how he likes to sing Frank Sanatra (sp?) kind of music, that's kind of dying out now. it's not the type of jazz i like, i like more instrumental jazz rather than having a singer being the feature of the band, but the type he sings is still good music. i think he could get a record deal with a jazz record company. but, i highly doubt he'll win.

Amanda

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2004, 05:06:10 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"

I HAD to change it when Clay was on, ew!! I listened to like a few seconds and he sounded terrible. Maybe it got better but what I heard was terrible. Oh, and does anyone else get annoyed when they say American Idol, Clay Aiken cause he so didn't win. WTH?

how rude... I thought Clay sounded pretty good last night, not his BEST but I adore him.

did anyone else laugh when they read that? I totally heard the voice of Michelle Tanner (Mary-Kate/Ashley Olsen's role in "Full House")Haha That's cool you like him, like I said what I heard was not good. But as I always say everyone has their own tastes. *hug*

LimeTwister

American Idol
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2004, 05:11:47 pm »
i didn't hear it, i turned the channel.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2004, 05:13:18 pm »
damn, I am showing my age again. Sorry you probably never saw that show.

LimeTwister

American Idol
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2004, 05:23:54 pm »
damn, I am showing my age again. Sorry you probably never saw that show.

nope, I love the show...I grew up on it, well I kinda missed the first couple of years...but still.

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2004, 05:27:19 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"

how rude... I thought Clay sounded pretty good last night, not his BEST but I adore him.

did anyone else laugh when they read that? I totally heard the voice of Michelle Tanner (Mary-Kate/Ashley Olsen's role in "Full House")Haha That's cool you like him, like I said what I heard was not good. But as I always say everyone has their own tastes. *hug*

Haha, I totally know what you mean.  That used to be my favorite show when I was little, lol.  And yes you're right, everyone has their own tastes :wink:  *hug* back
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2004, 05:30:13 pm »
Actually Let, it was Stephanie Tanner that always said How Rude....  Michelle said "You got it dude" which rhymes with rude so you're excused.

.....And I'm a nerd  8)
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2004, 05:34:24 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
holls, the red hair kid is the best dancer??

umm... yeah. out of the 4, he is! did you see them?

and on the "how rude" comment! omg! brings back memories!! my best friend and I would always say that because of that show, haha.

and on John Stevens. What's the criteria for being right for the show? It's American Idol... not pop idol, not jazz idol, not rock idol, etc. He's good at what he does and obviously a lot of people agree. Thank God there IS someone who doesnt sound like the rest of them, I like variety!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

LimeTwister

American Idol
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2004, 05:59:20 pm »
lol i thought he looked uncomfortable...i thought the guys shouldn't be dancing though cuz they all looked uncomfortable...

the girls looked great but they weren't in sync (lol...telling that to holly, reminds me of n*sync....uh *shuts up*)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2004, 07:08:22 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Actually Let, it was Stephanie Tanner that always said How Rude....  Michelle said "You got it dude" which rhymes with rude so you're excused.

.....And I'm a nerd  8)

aah, crap, you're right. I thought she did both :oops: It's been over a decade since I watched that show. Thanks for correcting me. I guess I am not as big a tv junkie as I thought. Or is it I watch too much I get confused.  :?

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2004, 06:51:02 am »
Oooh Let! I loved Full House when it used to come on ABC every Friday, I think I cried on the last episode when Michelle lost her memory (and got it back  :cry: )

Good times, good times.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2004, 06:58:23 am »
Quote from: "Dancernl"

.....And I'm a nerd  8)

aah, crap, you're right. I thought she did both :oops: It's been over a decade since I watched that show. Thanks for correcting me. I guess I am not as big a tv junkie as I thought. Or is it I watch too much I get confused.  :?

Acutally, if you really want to see the show again, it's shown at 9 and 9:30 pm on nickelodeon :-P