Author Topic: Kanye West  (Read 10830 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 09:14:45 am »
Quote from: "PIBby"
He's cute as hell.

Quote from: "Kanye West"
I say fuck the police, thats how I treat em
We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shortys hollering "where the ballas' at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that

But don't even get me started on all that bullshit.

Its cos it was written by Lauren Hill (i think?) and she is SO racist.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Kanye West
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 09:16:11 am »
I know! She "[hates] white people!" What is that?! If some caucasian girl got up there and said she hated ANY other race, she'd be SO uncool and hated.

Double Standards are retarded.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 09:20:01 am »
I know! She "[hates] white people!" What is that?! If some caucasian girl got up there and said she hated ANY other race, she'd be SO uncool and hated.

Double Standards are retarded.

Yeah, its shit i know. My friend told me there's not a song on 'The Miseducation' where she doesn't make a racist remark. But whatever, its what the majority does to include the minority in society- be curteous to it.

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
Kanye West
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 09:28:12 am »
But they're not the minority! Ahhhh! So much bullshit.

Honestly? What about the few white families in black neighborhoods? They're technically the minority, and no one gives a shit about them. Ughhh

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 10:39:20 am »
I guess what they do now is just pent up rage for how poorly they were treated in the past. But people like Lauren Hill just make things worse... We want to grow together, but she's just ripping down any chance of us being truly equal one day. If that ever happens... I hope it does and race isnt a factor anymore.

But ANYWAYS... we're a lil off topic here, lol.
Kanye West rocks!!!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
Kanye West
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 11:46:31 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
I guess what they do now is just pent up rage for how poorly they were treated in the past.

How badly THEY were treated? No - How badly only HALF of their ancestors were treated. And if that's the case, you don't hear me and almost every other person I know complaining about Indians' mistreatment and actually being HEARD. The Indians, Catholics, and now whites are being treated just as unfairly as blacks were. Hell! The Jews were opressed more by Nazis than blacks by whites and how often to you hear a Jew complain? But you're right, Holly, people like Lauryn Hill only make it worse.

PS I'm not yelling at youuu :D I'm just saying that.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 12:04:11 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
I guess what they do now is just pent up rage for how poorly they were treated in the past.

How badly THEY were treated? No - How badly only HALF of their ancestors were treated. And if that's the case, you don't hear me and almost every other person I know complaining about Indians' mistreatment and actually being HEARD. The Indians, Catholics, and now whites are being treated just as unfairly as blacks were. Hell! The Jews were opressed more by Nazis than blacks by whites and how often to you hear a Jew complain? But you're right, Holly, people like Lauryn Hill only make it worse.

PS I'm not yelling at youuu :D I'm just saying that.

Okay lets not start this. You face barely ANY discrimination in comparison- don't fool yourself. Have you ever been a slave? Umm NO. So stop this shit about the fact that you're a catholic means you're persecuted. Whites aren't being treated HALF as bad as blacks EVER were, so get that into your head, okay? All i'm saying is that its clearly hypocritical of Lauren Hill to say racist things- not that we're being discriminated against on a large and incredibly unfair scale.

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
Kanye West
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 12:11:40 pm »
When Catholicism was first around - How many Catholics were executed? How many Indians were killed in the prcoess of having their land stolen from them? How many Jews were killed during the Holocaust?

Lauryn Hill's statement is one good example of how whites are discriminated against. Besides that, there are hate crimes (which are only said to be committed against "minorites"), scholarships for "minorities," programs for minorities (solely because the government thinks kids like that are the only one with problems), government funding for minorities! I went to kindergarten with kids who lived in the ghetto but had nicer clothes than I did because the government bought their clothes. Whites have faced discrimination, but it's just been too subtle for us to realize 'til now.

I'm not racist; I'm stating the facts.

EDIT: Has Lauryn Hill ever been a slave. Exactly. She and I are in the same place to discriminate against each other. I was never a slave, neither was she. But - her skin's black, so that puts her in the place to pretend like she's been discriminated against. Hey! My skin's red, where's my publicly insulting John Smith and his bitches?

LimeTwister

Kanye West
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 01:49:44 pm »
Whites were slaves--think back to Roman times.  The whole slave thing is b/s now anyways.  CeCe is correct, no one in America is a (legal) slave.  There shouldn't be all these special programs for "minorities."  Everyone should have to work equally to gain the same advancements.

The whole slave thing is blown out of proportion in itseld.  That does not mean I am saying it didn't happen, but why it happened and how it happened should be look into as well.  Native Americans were slaves, in fact there are not many left because of that reason.  That's a partial reason that Blacks were made slaves.

Also, one of the strangest things to me is, the idea from using Africans as slaves came from Africa.  Tribes would defeat other tribes and use those people as slaves...

There is no excuse for racism no matter what happened to whom 200 years ago.

OH! And my favorite thing in the world: other races are racist too.  It's not just white people, though it sure feels that way.

drumpad

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 07:40:22 pm »
Lauryn Hill didn't write those lyrics AT all. what happened was  Kayne took the "When it all, when it all falls down" sample from one of Lauryn Hill's songs. He didn't get premission to use it, so instead  he got a another singer named Sylenna  Johnson to sing that hook. I've never heard anything about Lauryn Hill being a racist. She is infact very spiritual, religious person.

and i'm not even gonna get into the whole slave argument lol
 ---"poot slap, poot slap, dawg with that thump"

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 08:31:00 pm »
Quote from: "drumpad"
Lauryn Hill didn't write those lyrics AT all. what happened was  Kayne took the "When it all, when it all falls down" sample from one of Lauryn Hill's songs. He didn't get premission to use it, so instead  he got a another singer named Sylenna  Johnson to sing that hook. I've never heard anything about Lauryn Hill being a racist. She is infact very spiritual, religious person.

it`s not Lauryn Hill singing on that song? The voice is identical!

And yeah, I never heard bout her being racist either :?

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 01:46:36 am »
Quote from: "drumpad"

Oh okay, i just heard Trevor Nelson say it was written by her- thats all. She is racist corey- she was said to be part of the 'Black Panthers' organisation and has insulted white people before- that doesn't stop her from being a 'spiritual and religious' person but she does have racist tendencies.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Kanye West
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 05:07:03 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
He's cute as hell.

Quote from: "Kanye West"
I say fuck the police, thats how I treat em
We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shortys hollering "where the ballas' at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that

But don't even get me started on all that bullshit.

Its cos it was written by Lauren Hill (i think?) and she is SO racist.

I don't see the racism. People are forever taking rap lyrics out of context and concluding racism, violence, etc, but that's never the inteneded meaning with intelligent rappers like Kanye, Talib, etc. (Although I make no defense for most of the childish hip-hop crap that's out there at the moment.)

The reluctance of poor black communities to support themselves and bring themselves out of poverty has always been the inspiration for socially aware rap. The point is that what little money exists in the community is sent back out because of drugs, jail and market fashion trends. The black community doesn't make those trends, clothes, drugs and they don't make any money off of those things. Instead people who are already rich outside do. So the people stay poor because they won't support their own. That's what he means, it's a wake up call to the black community, not a blanket accusation directed at all white people.

At least that's my interpretation of it.

-Kev

P.S. Being a member of the black panthers doesn't make a person racist.

LimeTwister

Kanye West
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 07:58:21 am »
She can't be too racist anyway because she did a song for the rosie o'donnell christmas album.

But we'll never know what a person is truly thinking.

drumpad

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Kanye West
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 08:02:09 am »
Alright, so I lied about not getting invovled in the race argument....

She's black panther, SO WHAT. I have a very close family member who was a black panther, and he is NOT racist. The black panther movement was our way of fighting back! I cannot even begin to name some of the atroscities we've gone through. One that sticks out of my mind is the case of Emmit Till. He was a young Black man that was ACCUSED of whistling at a white girl. ACCUSED! off of that accusation along a gang of white men beat this poor kid to death, shot him in the head, and hung him off an ACCUSATION. So what are we suppose to do against Not being able to sit where we want on a freakin' bus. Or not being able to eat at the diner of our choice, or having hoses sprayed on us. Or having dogs relased against us for defending our rights? well we have the black panthers to stand up for us. I'm not sayin' the message of the black panthers is right, but i fully understand where they come from.

So don't call her a racist until you know where she's coming from. I don't think she's a racist at all. She just simply believes in protecting herself, and standing up for our race
 ---"poot slap, poot slap, dawg with that thump"