Author Topic: "Pretty Baby" Release  (Read 6813 times)

Kim

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - britsmusic@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« on: March 18, 2003, 03:37:10 am »
So erm, Ive see the Pretty Baby directors cut video. But it isnt showing over in the UK yet - yet it was due for release a few weeks ago, even though it never went ahead.

Can sum1 tell me if they know when and if it will be released over here and if the directors cut video is to be shown?

*The guy in it is Michael from Roswell. He's so yummy!*

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 04:26:33 am »
I dount it will ever get shown. They don't usually give any video time to singles that only reach 93 in the charts :(
-Kev

High On Lullabies

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - vincent_v9142@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 10:48:48 am »
The single was released on 3rd March (I think). Like Kev said though It only made 93 on the singles chart. Such a shame, what is wrong with our country, oh well :( . If you want to find the single then look in the back issues of the larger record shops and you might be lucky.

'No one lent a hand, no one laid a look upon me, invisible to everything but blame, no one cared to tell, no one dared to believe in anything, and left me to drown in this pain'

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 11:55:58 am »
It is sad that the music industry has come to this but it relies solely on promotion. It doesn;t even matter if the song is Gareth Gates playing the Bagpipes if its played on the radio and shown on TV someone, somewhere is going to like it. But if its never played and never aired, what becomes of that artist? Its such a ridiculous state of affairs and one that Johnny and I are dealing with, believe you me: we've let peter malkin know aswell as A&M.

Rosie
"I'm all about the wordplay."

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 12:28:15 pm »
Ummm... I woudl like to point out.. that I really enjoy bagpipes  as well as the uilean pipes thier Irish equivalent...   :P
-- Jason

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 12:29:02 pm »
but do you like Gareth Gates!? actually don't even answer that...
"I'm all about the wordplay."

High On Lullabies

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - vincent_v9142@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 05:15:55 pm »
Actually anything that said Gareth Gates on the cover would sell like hot cakes, promotion or otherwise. I didn't hear the comic relief song getting much airplay (not on Radio 1 anyway). And where did it go? No.1, 275,000 copies sold in a week. Some 230,000 more than the number 2 record and more than the rest of the top 10 put together. Because it says Gareth Gates and Comic Relief on the front of it.

'No one lent a hand, no one laid a look upon me, invisible to everything but blame, no one cared to tell, no one dared to believe in anything, and left me to drown in this pain'

phillip

• MSN Messenger - musicmaker03@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chrguy606
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 01:38:37 pm »
sounds like the American Idol/Kelly Clarkson incident. Single sold 250,000 some odd copies in it's first week, vaulting from number 52 to number 1. Sad, really.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 01:57:25 pm »
Yeah, that makes me feel totally sick :(

The charts are something to be steered well clear of. In fact I think the whole music biz in general is something which should be bypassed. I try nowadays to listen to a majority unsigned / indi artists (although I'm failing at the moment) that way you can avoid it all.

I will say that, although I hate it, I also admire the marketing genius of anybody that get someone like Kelly Osbourne / Mr. Blobby / Afroman (*throws up*) / Bob the builder to number one in the music charts. Although it's largely due to the ignorance and lazyness of the easily manipulated, weak minded record buying public in this country :-/

Even though Timberlake / Britney Spears / Gareth Gates / Will Young can sing, they are still pure pop artists and there is zero depth to any of their music. It's just fun music, no feeling, no emotion, just generic cliche lyrics. Namby pamby say-nothing crap to sell to tasteless kids. I think that Amy Lee (of Evanescence) said it best in a recent interview.

Amy: I 've been longing for meaning in music
Interviewer: To you, what is meaning in music, if you find that what will that be?
Amy: You do find it here and there, there's plenty of it out there, but to be in maintstream and to be on the radio and to be popular, it's more rare. It would be anything that moves you, anything that actually makes you feel a strong emotion or think harder. A lot of music seems to be just background music these days, and that really bugs me. I feel like if you have your chance to get up on a soapbox and have everyone listen to you, say something. You know?

I have come to realise that if you want real music, the mainstream is a waste of time. That's why a large part of me is happy that Vanessa isn't a chart musician anymore. She doesn't belong in the machine, she's too good for it. She's actually a musician!

*rant over*

-Kev

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 02:05:12 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
Amy Lee (of Evanescence) said it best in a recent interview.
Amy: I 've been longing for meaning in music

I love Amy! She knows she has a good thing going with Ev right now and is taking full advantage and not letting it slip away. :D

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 02:17:18 pm »
Yeah she is :)

I'd love to see Ev do well in this country. Maybe then the people would actually wake up and realise what utter rubbish they've been jamming into their CD players all this time.

-Kev

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 02:31:59 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
I'd love to see Ev do well in this country. Maybe then the people would actually wake up and realise what utter rubbish they've been jamming into their CD players all this time.

Only yesterday KIIS started playing BMTL. Its funny to see how behind they are compared to the rest of the country. Los Angeles is almost as far in the darkages as the UK. *evil grin*
Kev, on the Evboard shoot Josh(creedluvah) a PM to see when they'll be near your neck of the woods.

EDIT: oops this is a PB thread huh? lmao

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 02:38:27 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
shoot Josh(creedluvah) a PM to see when they'll be near your neck of the woods.

ooo that's an idea and a half. Will do.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2003, 02:40:53 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Los Angeles is almost as far in the darkages as the UK. *evil grin*

Do L.A still have public beheadings and witch burnings too? Believe me nobody is more in the dark ages than us :-(

Holland, Spain, Aus have all blown up on the Evboard. There's still only me and that Flak guy (on 3 posts) UK wise.

-Kev "The UK bites" 222

phillip

• MSN Messenger - musicmaker03@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chrguy606
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Pretty Baby" Release
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2003, 04:43:26 pm »
hmmmm

Care to elaborate on hmmm? 8) -Kev222