Author Topic: "Lost" on ABC  (Read 84925 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
"Lost" on ABC
« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2008, 05:16:55 pm »
its not as good this season unfortunatly.

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
"Lost" on ABC
« Reply #361 on: May 02, 2008, 08:59:36 pm »
everyone should read these if you're into lost. they're hillarious

http://www.theackattack.com/?p=81

and all of the episode recaps are here: http://ack-attack.livejournal.com/tag/recap
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
Re: "Lost" on ABC
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »
Oh my gosh, I am reading all these "Lost" posts just now for the first time and now it's over! It's kind of like going back in time and seeing people's first reactions to it. It's pretty cool. I was (and still am) such a Lostie! I miss it so much! Was anyone else out there a die-hard Lost fan like me? :)
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: January 14, 2011, 08:47:46 am »
so let me pick your brain.  They were dead the whole time??  And all the things that happened weren't "real"? Were they in limbo or something?  How did they go back, did they really go back or was it still part of limbo or whatever they were in?  I watched most of the series, except the second to last season because they just totally lost me (no pun intended).  I watched the last season only because it was the last season and I wanted to know what the heck was going on!  It was good up to the second to last season, in my opinion..the last season was ok, but totally bummed about the ending.
~Sara~

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2011, 04:06:16 pm »
Oh, no! They weren't dead the whole time! It's just that, at the end of season 5, you know how the detonated the bomb? And they thought it would take them back in time to 2004 so the plane would never crash? Well, in season 6, it was split up into two timelines, i guess? One was what would have happened if they never crashed on the island, and one if the bomb didn't work, but took them back to 2007. And somehow (I'm not sure how though) the timelines were linked, like they were happening at the same time and Desmond knew it, because he's "special" and can go back and forth between them. So it was his mission to tell all the characters in 2004 that there was something more than the lives they were living, hence, he took them to the church at the end where they "moved on." So actually, in 2004, they all were really dead, but in 2007 on the island, they were still alive. But it's just like after all of them died they were ready to move on together and they had to move on together because of the relationships they established while they were living on the island. It's like they were always destined to be together, even if the plane never crashed on the island, kind of like the "universe-course-correcting" element they talked about before. I know I probably contradicted myself in this explanation, but it's what me and my Lost-obsessed friends have agreed upon.  :D

I was pretty satisfied with the ending, even though they didn't answer a lot of questions, but I think the whole show was more about the characters and relationships, rather than details about the Dharma Initiative and other stuff. Oh, and I agree with you about season 5. It was not the best and I think the time-traveling element really turned people off. But all in all, I have to say it's the best show I've ever watched! :)
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2011, 02:15:54 am »
hmmm, I think I have to read that several more times before it sinks in! lol, good theories though. My husband and were just like,  "ummm ok" and didn't really discuss it like it seems you have with your friends.  That is confusing!
~Sara~