Author Topic: The Pussy Cat Dolls  (Read 5482 times)

CaliGirl20

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« on: October 20, 2004, 09:38:23 am »
Ok, we all know they can dance.  Right?  Well, I think they do a great job singing...Or is it lip synching?.....Don't know yet, but it sounds awesome.  

They have 2 songs out right now.  One of them is on the "Shark Tale" soundtrack.  The other is on the "Shall We Dance" soundtrack.  I must have listened to "Sway" (<---Song from "Shall We Dance") about 10 times already.  One of the voices sounds like Christina, which is pretty amazing.  So check out their music video for "Sway."  I think you can see it at guide.real.com (realplayer web site).
I'm Katy....I wanted to put that here so people wouldn't have to ask =)  Choco for life! lol

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:33:00 pm »
I think it's sickening that little girls listen to this and watch the videos and want to grow up to be sluts.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:33:59 am »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
I think it's sickening that little girls listen to this and watch the videos and want to grow up to be sluts.

Amen.

And here's what annoys me.  Why is there only one lead singer?  All the other girls just do "oohs" & "ahhhs".
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 01:42:35 pm »
What I don't like about them is that only one of them sings, all the other ones just dance around her.

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:50:12 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
And here's what annoys me.  Why is there only one lead singer?  All the other girls just do "oohs" & "ahhhs".

There's only one lead singer because only one can sing. All of the others just hum and look pretty.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 04:07:07 pm »
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"

There's only one lead singer because only one can sing. All of the others just hum and look pretty.

Yeah, so why are they in a MUSIC group?  It's effed up.  That's my point.   :wink:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:33:53 pm »
In some of their songs they take turns for a few seconds but it is mainly whats her name who is lead.
I like their version of Tainted Love and Stick wit U but other than that I havnt really gotten into their more rnb songs.
Pretty voices though =)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 09:47:28 am »
Quote from: "aleera84"
In some of their songs they take turns for a few seconds but it is mainly whats her name who is lead.
I like their version of Tainted Love and Stick wit U but other than that I havnt really gotten into their more rnb songs.
Pretty voices though =)

What's her name is, my girl Nicole Scherzinger. She was in Eden's Crush the group that formed from the WB's Popstars.

banet2001

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 12:03:02 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"

Amen.

LOL, I don't think the rest of the girls even do "oohs & ahhs". According to their album, all lead and backing vocals are done by Nicole Scherzinger. LMFAO. What is the purpose of all of the rest of the group?  :roll:

Their roll is to show up to the videos, look good and dance around? Their roll is to show up to live shows and dance around and lip sync?  :twisted:

This has to be one of the worst forms of manufactured pop acts I have ever seen. I have not seen this little participation from supposed members of a group since Milli Vanilli.  :roll:

Who knows, maybe once Nicole Scherzinger leaves the Dolls, they will replace her with someone with a great voice, but who does not look as good enough to be a Doll. Then, on the videos, they will replace her with someone who looks good but can't sing. Then they will truly be the heir apparent to Milli Vanilli.  :evil:

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:10 pm »
Hey, don't pick on PCD. I love "Buttons" and "Beep".
Joe

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »
I loved Eden's Crush. I knew she looked familiar. Anywho, my ex thought the song was "buns." he would sing "loosen up my buns babe" and I looked at him really funky and asked him what he said. When he said that straight faced I laughed so hard. Good times... :lol:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 04:13:33 am »
Ah sorry Let, I couldn't think of her name. Shes really done well for herself hasnt she?
We didnt get Eden's Crush over here but I remember seeing you talking about them.
PCD performed on Australian Idol last year and one of the guys asked her about Popstars so i knew she'd come from a reality tv show, i just didnt know she was in that group =)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 09:09:59 am »
No worries Katie. That's why we're here, to help each other out.

It's pretty sad that 1 person is the whole group. Aren't there like 6 of them? I would think that would cause some drama. I am sure it does.

My friend gave me the PCD CD she wanted nothing to do with it and got it for free. I like it.

I remember when I first her "Don't cha" and I told my friend, who will remain nameless that it was Nicole, she didn't believe me. A few days later she called to say I was right. Of course I was right, I used to love EC. Well I probably still do...  good times.

nat

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - nasty_candido@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/natalinha
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 09:01:40 am »
good music to dance, only it

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Pussy Cat Dolls
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 09:09:07 am »
well it isnt any surprise that that nicole chick has gone solo on that single with p diddy...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...