Author Topic: Anna Nalick  (Read 94807 times)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2005, 05:54:26 pm »
The first couple of times I heard Breathe I wasn't too impressed by it but I've been hearing it more and more recently and it's growing on me.  It's pretty catchy and I'm kind of digging it. She's definitely a very cute chick though. That's something that would make me look into her music more. Yes, I'm shallow and I know this. LOL

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2005, 09:03:30 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
The first couple of times I heard Breathe I wasn't too impressed by it but I've been hearing it more and more recently and it's growing on me.  It's pretty catchy and I'm kind of digging it.

I so agree. Thats exactly the same with me- i thought Breathe was a bit dreary compared to her other songs (i.e In the Rough which i loooove) but now i really like it.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2005, 05:58:32 pm »
I am so glad you all are finally coming around.  :wink:  I absolutely love "Wreck of The Day" I can't get enough of it.

Two new appearances:

COME ON DOWN!! Live!! Outdoors!!      
ANNA NALICK on THE TODAY SHOW
TUESDAY, MAY 31
Anna will be performing her hit song, "Breathe (2AM)"
Rockefeller Plaza (at 49th Street)
New York City
Arrive at @ 7:30AM
Performance to begin approximately 8:30AM

DON'T MISS ANNA LIVE ON THE PLAZA ON THE WEEKEND TODAY SHOW SATURDAY, JUNE 18
Anna will be performing two songs from her hit album Wreck Of The Day

Rockefeller Plaza (at 49th Street)
New York City
Arrive at 7:30AM
Performance to begin approximately 8:30AM

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2005, 07:22:37 pm »
So a week after I purchased an acoustic version of Catalyst from Yahoo! Music I was finally able to download it. Definitely worth the wait it's beautiful. Take a listen to the sample, and for only 99 cents you can buy it.

Oh and don't foreget to vote Anna for Who's next?

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2005, 06:37:21 am »
After people started talking about her here and on LJ I thought I'd give it a try and wasn't too impressed but the more I listen, the more I like her. Esp Bleed, my favourite :)

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2005, 01:29:41 pm »
I'm ashamed to say that I only checked her out because she's so hot. I saw her in Brian's LJ avatar and I went to the website to look at the pictures section to confirm the hotness from different angles ;-) While I was there I started listening to the tracks. I bought the album the other day, hasn't been out the player since. Bleed, In The Rough, 2AM, Catalyst. Rawk.

Quote from: "neos"
Esp Bleed, my favourite :)

Mine too :) 'Tis great.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Anna Nalick
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2005, 12:32:29 pm »
my fave is wreck of the day - but when i sing along

i sing -

driving away from the wreck of the day and i'm thinking of calling on hashem

(instead of jesus - since jesus isn't something i believe in being a jew and hashem is another name for god... i hope you are laughing at me... you totally should be - this is a funny - laugh damnit laugh!)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Anna Nalick
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2005, 01:46:33 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
my fave is wreck of the day - but when i sing along

i sing -

driving away from the wreck of the day and i'm thinking of calling on hashem

(instead of jesus - since jesus isn't something i believe in being a jew and hashem is another name for god... i hope you are laughing at me... you totally should be - this is a funny - laugh damnit laugh!)

But it doesn't rhyme. :?

:lol:
Dustin

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2005, 01:59:15 pm »
Aaah...  again I am so happy you guys are giving her a listen. I am with you guys on "Bleed." I tend to put "Forever Love (Digame) and "Bleed"  on repeat a lot!! "Paper Bag" is becoming a fast favorite too!!

If any of you haven't yet, check her out  :wink:

Anna Nalick Music Player

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2005, 09:15:01 pm »
*******Reminder*********

Anna on the Today Show (NBC) tomorrow. It comes on at 7am, she should be on around 8:30. I know I can't wait!!

TUESDAY, MAY 31 Alexis Bledel and America Ferrara discuss their new film "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." Anna Nalick performs on "Today's Rising Star." Jenny Offill and Elissa Schappell talk about their new book "The Friend Who Got Away." Anthony Michael Hall talks about "The Dead Zone." Tim Sanders talks about his new book "The Likability Factor." Matt Lauer talks to jazz legend Toots Thielemans.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2005, 09:17:04 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
*******Reminder*********

Anna on the Today Show (NBC) tomorrow. It comes on at 7am, she should be on around 8:30. I know I can't wait!!

TUESDAY, MAY 31 Alexis Bledel and America Ferrara discuss their new film "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." Anna Nalick performs on "Today's Rising Star." Jenny Offill and Elissa Schappell talk about their new book "The Friend Who Got Away." Anthony Michael Hall talks about "The Dead Zone." Tim Sanders talks about his new book "The Likability Factor." Matt Lauer talks to jazz legend Toots Thielemans.

Ooo, I love today show and Anna Nalick is def. a rising star. I'll be watching...

Amanda

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2005, 09:30:03 pm »
Cool videos/bio to check out

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2005, 09:37:24 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"

Ooo, I love today show and Anna Nalick is def. a rising star. I'll be watching...

Amanda

If anyone missed it click here

You have to watch a Toyota commercial first but then it loads. If that link doesn't work for you clicke here (scroll down a little, then on the right side, just click on Anna's picture ...)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2005, 05:44:24 am »
liz just bought the CD this weekend.  I've heard Breathe on the radio plenty of times, and I like it.  Haven't listened to every song yet, but I'm diggin' it.  Very good stuff.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2005, 09:50:08 pm »
So today was the day I had been waiting for since last Decemeber, finally seeing Anna Nalick live!

Luckily, the opening bands were actually pretty good but it was still a long wait.

Anna was cute as ever in a black, knee length ruffled skirt with a hot pink t-shirt, brown boots and belt. Anna told us a secret, or should I say showed us one. Due to the high stage and Modesto being very windy, she wore some boxers under her skirt just in case.

She opened with "Citadel." The band sounded a little muddy and Anna even made some faces at her guitar player about it. To me it seemed her vocals were not turned up enough. I could understand what she was saying because I know the words but it was very frustrating to watch.

Next was, "In The Rough." She said that the song was about a boy, from "here" and she hoped we never meet him. Again, the vocals were not loud enough. But I was loving her performance. She was giving it.

"Breathe (2am)" was a hit for the crowd. I had a feeling she was going to do the a capella part and sure enough that arm went up. Unfortunately, it was ruined for me cause everyone was singing along, LOUD!! I am sure you all can feel me.

Anna was handed her guitar and they did "Wreck of The Day." Anna was in a groove, playing and swaying with her eyes closed as she played. Did I mention that she is one silly woman? When she was done she said she saw some people "necking" I am pretty sure that was the term she used. I could be wrong. Anyhow, she pointed to like three guys telling them that they owed her.

Some other funny points - She shared how she just realized how white she is and is in need of a tan.
-Being B93.1's "Summerfest" there were beach balls flying all around, hitting the stage etc. She said, "Guys, stop playing with the balls while I'm singing." Anna realized what she said and could probably have died.
- At one point people were yelling about how sexy she is and she played along doing a little dance, and blowing a kisses. It was cute but she of course said she was kidding.

Anna said that she saw some people with the CD and asked for requests. I remembered how someone posted on the O board that she didn't do "Paper Bag" yesterday, I was pretty sure she would do "Bleed" and as much as I wanted her to do "Forever Love (Digame)" I knew it wasn't the right audience so I said, "Paper Bag." Anna said, "Okay." It was so great!! I loved it!! She was rockin' out. She did the hide her face/look through her fingers thing.

Anna closed the show with "Bleed" and of course I absolutely loved that too!! It so rocked!! Anna was dancing around it was so cute.

I was sad that it ended but what can you do?

Anna Nalick in Modesto, CA June 5, 2005