Author Topic: Anna Nalick  (Read 95379 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Anna Nalick
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2005, 03:35:18 pm »
$12 tickets, that's awesome!  :D

Have a great time!

... and if you do get the whole show on your cam, please share  :wink: lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2005, 08:37:40 pm »
Quote from: "Vultch"
I'm not sure how I feel about this. It doesnt quite feel right tho.

Anna will be servicing a faster-paced, heavier version of her hit song Breathe to pop stations. The song on pop is already headed for top 50, but doesn't officially go for adds until July 12th.

Crossposted to Annaintherough.com

I finally had a chance to take a listen (it's been a long week). It's not that bad. It just sounds rushed, making it sound funny/weird. You can't deny her voice though.  :wink:

Thanks BV.

Quote from: "B"
$12 tickets, that's awesome!  :D

Have a great time!

... and if you do get the whole show on your cam, please share  :wink: lol.

The last show of hers was $12 too but it ended up costing me $70. This one with the service charges for two was like $35. Can't beat that. I just don't look foward to the Sacramento heat!! And you know I will share!!  8)

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2005, 08:52:01 pm »
so guess what? her CD is out here in Japan  8O  and I just bought it  :D

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Anna Nalick
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2005, 11:28:30 pm »
Quote from: "ChocoNutz"
so guess what? her CD is out here in Japan  8O  and I just bought it  :D

YAY!  :D
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2005, 10:02:03 pm »

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2005, 04:34:12 pm »
She's a big ham! LOL Definitely easy on the eyes though.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2005, 07:22:37 am »
She is a total ham. Steve, are you going to any of the HOB LA shows?

I am going to see Anna in Vegas next Friday!!

It's a good thing I got my SF show and LA show tickets (thanks Nic)because the SF Fillmore show and the last LA HOB show are sold out!!

Is anyone else going beside Nicole, Jacqueline, and I?

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2005, 10:16:49 pm »
I saw Anna yesterday in Vegas. She was even better than the last time I saw her.

"Citadel"
"Paper Bag"
"Satellite"
"Consider This"
"Breathe (2am)"
"Wreck of The Day"
"In My Head"
"In The Rough"
"Bleed"

When she did "In My Head" she broke into Sheryl Crow's "Leaving Las Vegas" and then back into "In My Head" it was freakin' hott!! After the song she said how they warm up to it and thought they could work it in tonight. Some dude yelled, "I love that song!" and she yells back, "Me too!" It was hilarious.

Anna has so much personality. At one point she was asking if anyone had been doing any gambling and if there were any big winners. Someone said they had, and she was all really? How much? Then said asked if they wanted to take her on a date and did her little diva pose. Then added that she was an expensive date.

I guess I was into it a little bit too much because in the middle of singing she said, "Sing it sista!"  :oops:   :wink:

When she was introducing the band she mentioned how she bit Tim in the arm and then she said, "Don't mess with The Nalick, aiight?  

She showed us her outfit which consisted of a black skirt and a pirate (skull cross swords) black t-shirt shirt. She said it was her pirate,ballerina,chic and did the ol' pirate arrrr, some poses and ballerina leaps.

We did the whole pass the line thing at HOB and as I was having lunch with my friend she said she brought her Felix The Cat shirt to change into. I said, "Oh really? Is it black? Let me see it." I told her that Anna has that same shirt. My friend didn't even know. So at the show, Anna stops and she points my friend out and says, "I have that exact shirt, Urban Outfitters, right?" Anna mentioned how she wore it on a TV show or something and that she almost wore it tonight and that she needs to start buying new clothes because her friends think she doesn't have any or something.

Towards the end of the show she said something about Howie Day, blah blah, people clapped and I yelled, "Anna Nalick!!" and we all started yelling and clapping and she kinda bowed and said something like that's what I like to hear.

I ran into Soluna's old tour manager who now works at HOB. He hooked me up with some passes to the private bar on the 3rd floor. So after Anna's set, Nicole and I hung out up there because she said she would like to meet the people after Howie's set.

I finally got to meet Anna. I told her how I was at the Modesto show and she said, "That was a fun show." I gave her the card that I had for her two months ago and told her that I didn't get to meet her but that she had played my request. I couldn't remember what it was and she says, "Paper Bag, I don't know how I remember that?" I was very impressed. I told her that she needs to do "Catalyst" for the Nor Cal people because of the last line and she said that she had thought about that. I guess we'll see. We got to take a picture and she signed my CD. I don't remember what else we talked about.

Another thing I was really impressed with was Anna's tour manager was saying that there were a lot of people and we needed to get moving cause she was spending a lot of time with us. Anna pretty much gave him a look and said, "It's fine." Pretty much blowing him off. It was great.

We all know that HOB is a no camera place so I took a few pictures with my phone and even some video with my phone. Oh, I almost forgot. I was trying to do a video and all of a sudden everyone was tapping me and woooing. Apparently (but not to me) Anna was posing for me. I guess Anna was waiting for the flash or something but I was doing video so that is why it took longer.

I get to see Anna again tomorrow in Sacramento!!  :D

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Anna Nalick
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2005, 10:25:55 pm »
Awesome review!

It sounds like she really does have a lot of personality, and a great stage presence. I'm glad you had a great time!  :D :thumbsup:

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2005, 09:07:02 pm »
It was a HOT one!! 103!!

Anna came on second which was fine with us because it was freakin' hot!! She did:

"Citadel"
"Paper Bag" after, she grabbed one of those supersoakers and sprayed the audience.  
"Breathe (2am) after, she threw water and a the bottle almost hitting a person, she apologized  and started the song saying how she was a terrible person. During the song she even said I am so sorry.
"Wreck of The Day"
"Bleed" Before the part where she and Luis go back and for she said something like, bring it. She danced all around the stage and then it ended and she did her ballerina leaps off.

Anna performed barefoot and added that that probably wasn't a good idea, "Who wants to see me dance?"

Anna said that they were glad to be California, mentioning hot it is hot here but in Florida...  and of course because she is from California.

Anna's Nor Cal family was in full force, which was very cool.

Anna Nalick Sacramento, CA 08/07/05

You know I always have to get this part of "Breathe (2am)"

This one is like 5 minutes long but it has "the accident" "Wreck of The Day"

The end of "Bleed." I didn't get the whole song because the faster, heavier songs just come out all distorted, like you will see towards the end. But this is the cool part, and what I think is part of the reason for getting overheated.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Anna Nalick
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2005, 09:43:18 pm »
Thanks for the review!  :D

For some reason the yousendit link for WOTD won't work for me  :?.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2005, 10:16:49 pm »
Yeah, other people have said that too. I think because the file is so huge. I can send it over IM but be warned it will take some time.

MyLifeIsLikeATM

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - wackyjacquie02@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VCandMrazHolic7
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic02
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2005, 12:38:31 am »
We're seeing her Friday Let! yay!

August 7th 2003, the best day of my life.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2005, 10:52:26 am »
I was excited to hear her cd because I really liked the song "Breathe", but her cd really dissappointed me. I must say IMO it's one of the worst cds I've ever  heard out of an artist I thought I'd like. None of the songs sound anything like Breathe, they sound more like cheesy forgettable pop-rock songs. Wreck of the Day is ok, but it's too slow and boring.

And I heard her sing Breathe live on AOL or whatever and her voice sounded so annoying. I don't know what happened there. It's like they subdued her accent in the recording studio or something.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2005, 11:23:11 am »
Wow! But it's cool, everyone has their own opinions. Steph, too said she liked the live stuff and was disappointed with the CD. Personally I think the CD is fantasitc (obviously) but I seriously think she needs to put out an acoustic CD or even a live CD with her band because they are so freakin' awesome live!! I hope you get the chance to check out a show because I know you would feel the same. She has so much energy and personality. It's great.

Hope all is well with you. Take care.  :)

BV, you still going tonight? She did "In My Head" in Vegas and it was so great. I hope she does it for you tonight.