Author Topic: Anna Nalick  (Read 94813 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2006, 08:43:28 am »
Anna Nalick Live Performance August 11 at Six Flags Marine World - Vallejo, CA

Star 101.3 and Don Bleu kick off the weekend at the Park with a live broadcast and performance by Anna Nalick. Widely known for her hit song Breathe, Anna will perform at 8 a.m. in the Park's Jungle Theater. Park gates open at 7 a.m. The first 1,000 guests arriving to the Park and donate $1 to Ronald McDonald House charities receive free admission! Plus, don't miss your chance to partake in the Bounce-a-Round activities the morning of the concert in Medusa Plaza. Enjoy seven select Six Flags attractions (MEDUSA, Cobra, Scat-a-bout, The Ark, Tava's Elephant Parade, Zoe's Treehouse and Congo Queen) from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m.

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Concert video
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2006, 10:41:18 am »

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2006, 12:34:32 pm »
It was the funniest show of hers I have ever been to. Thanks for posting the links!

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2007, 11:19:46 am »
she s da best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Anna Nalick
« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2007, 10:47:10 pm »
I just got her "new" CD this week, featuring "Wreck of the Day ('06)", and I can say that it was worth more than the $2.79 I had to pay in shipping for it.  Though there's not very much on it to recommend anyone (other than a fan) to get it if they've already got the original version, if you have neither version, I would certainly recommend this version because it features the original version in its entirety, plus a new take on "Wreck of the Day", and three demo songs that make me love her voice and writing style even more than before.

"Wreck of the Day ('06)" emphasizes its triple-meter feel more than the original record, and features entirely different instrumentation.  The tempo is just a touch faster, though not too much, and is in a slightly higher key.  Her vocal has a lot more color to it, and overall the music sounds a touch brighter than the original.

The three demo songs at the end are very well-recorded, and "Drink Me" particularly sticks out to me not just because of the intriguing poetic references in the lyrics, but the way she bends them around such a mesmerizing melody.  "More Than Melody" also has a melody that in places catches me in a similar way.
Dustin

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2007, 11:14:36 am »
Not that she's going to see this but Happy 23rd Birthday to Anna Nalick today! :)

Glad you finally got the WOTD 2006 CD, Dustin. More Than Melody quickly became my favorite song in her live set.

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2007, 06:49:49 pm »
Old topic, but just wanted to say I too love Anna Nalick. I've never gotten to see her live yet, but I will someday! I can't wait for her new cd to come out.
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2007, 11:05:04 am »
I have her on my Auto Notify list on Pollstar.  If she tours again soon, I'll find out. :D
Dustin

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2007, 01:05:06 pm »
Some of her songs(just the few she has on myspace) been really growing on me..I want to buy her CD now XD

Laura

• View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »
whats been going on with anna lately? she like disappeared off the face of the earth or something.

i've been hearing rob thomas songs everyday on the radio, but no anna nalick not even breathe anymore. its funny i went to see rob thomas for anna nalick but i'm more of a rob thomas fan now lol

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2007, 03:23:52 pm »
I read on her journal on her site that she's been taking vacation but been writing songs and what not. She doesn't think a new album will be out next year but maybe a single or something along that line :P

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2007, 09:52:33 pm »
Quote from: "CelestialHorse"
She doesn't think a new album will be out next year

That should be 'she doesn't think a new album will be out until next year'.

BTW, Anna switched labels from Columbia to Epic (still under Sony) so there must have been creative or business differences with Columbia.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Anna Nalick
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2007, 04:00:23 am »
From what I've heard her say, there's certainly no lack of material for a new album.  An interview I read just months after 'WOTD' was released indicated that she had some 25 other songs she had written.  I am actually surprised there hasn't been a second album yet.
Dustin

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2008, 01:52:34 pm »
Anna Nalick's "Shine" has finally made it's premiere to the world.  :)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anna Nalick
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2008, 03:49:28 pm »
I almost forgot how much I love her. No wonder I saw her over 20 times. So exciting to see a new photo.

Glad they are using YouTube even at this early stage to promote the song and have people remember her.

If anyone didn't get the rip of the song, I can email it to you.

A note about Shine:
"Shine" is a song FOR those people who have made mistakes in a public way, FOR people whose mistakes and heartbreak are considered
entertainment. When sad things that would hurt ANYBODY happen, like
your relationship falling apart and making entertainment news, or you constantly being told how you aren't good, thin, pretty, or rich enough, or your job being so taxing for the roles you have to play whether it's having to immerse yourself in a crazy depressed state of mind to play a crazy depressed character, or having to stay permanently smiling every time you leave your house even though you've just had a miscarriage, or an argument with someone you love, or your dog died and you finally crack, we just say, "It was bound to happen, everyone in Hollywood is shallow and addicted."

"Shine" is also saying that little girls, like your daughters and sisters or you, don't have to throw up to be pretty, be sleazy to be loved, or be crazy to get attention. Just because the BAD things are what people pay money for doesn't mean that those things are ALL of what your favorite movie and music stars are. What about the fact that the heiress is an amazing business woman, and the popstar writes poetry, can really dance, or really sing?