Author Topic: 3/10/2005: Exit/In - Nashville, TN  (Read 20707 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
3/10/2005: Exit/In - Nashville, TN
« on: January 26, 2005, 03:37:12 pm »
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 11:59:16 am »
Count me in! :D   This will be my first.  Anything I should know before leaving?  Anyone else planning to attend?
Dustin

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 07:40:04 pm »
arrrg. i would be going to this one, but i'm seeing Pat Metheny in concert the day after and i wouldn't be able to make it back to St. Louis in time. Nashville is like.. 7 hours away..
 :cry:

Amanda

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 02:12:09 pm »
Quote from: "ticketmaster"
You purchased 2 tickets to:
Thursday March 10, 2005 8:00 pm

Seat location: section GENADM
Total Charge: $43.63

I'm so effin' excited!

:D
Dustin

LikeAShootingStar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shannachaleefan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - chaleefannat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 11:46:08 am »
WOO HOO my first nessa show!!!! i started screaming when I saw!!! This is the best day EVER EVER !!!
-I will never see the sky the same way. And I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday and I will never cease to fly if held down. Cause I've seen, Cause I've seen, Twilight.-

LikeAShootingStar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 11:47:40 am »
i GUESS I should add that the Exit/In is NOT very big....it will be pretty intimate. Get there EARLY for a table. otherwise you'll be standing all night ..not that I won't be anyways. haha
-I will never see the sky the same way. And I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday and I will never cease to fly if held down. Cause I've seen, Cause I've seen, Twilight.-

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 03:51:09 pm »
So you've been to the Exit/In?  I know where it is because I've been that way by the Parthenon, but I don't remember if I actually saw it.  That's what I was hoping for, a nice, small, intimate venue.

I get out of school at 2:30 p.m. and it should be just under a 2-hour drive up 40.  Would 4:30 p.m. be a good time to arrive or should I try and go for 3:30 or 1:30, because (if I can get to school on time every other day for the rest of the quarter) I'll still be in good shape to miss a little school.
Dustin

LikeAShootingStar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 06:36:43 pm »
I've been to the Exit/In dozens of times!  I would recommend getting there at 4:30. That's probably what time I will get there myself. If not a little before. If you can't get there too early I can always save you a spot. I'm going with 2 friends...if we can snag a close table we'll get an extra chair. Is it just you?

I would say the EXIT/IN wouldn't hold more than 150 people....I can't picture more than that by any means.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 07:48:15 pm »
I'm coming with one other, probably my cousin from Memphis.  It just depends on how his schedule goes.  I'll plan to be there by 4:30.  I would kinda like to be close enuff that I can smell her, because sometimes that's part of the show.

What is their policy on cameras, phones, DSRs and the like?

And also, what are the chances of getting an autograph?  I just want to know what to expect because I've never been to see her.
Dustin

LikeAShootingStar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 10:03:34 pm »
The chances of meeting her are GOOD. The venue is small. The artists come in and out of the back, which is plain site. I would say you have a 90% chance if you're timing is good. This is assuming she doesn't do a meet and greet but this really isn't a m&g type place...more of a mingling type atmosphere. But the bus will park right out back where people park.

The earlier you get there the better, as far as seating, anyways. I'm going to get there about 3:45 or 4. It's early but I wanna smell her too lmao. oK NOT REALLY...but I want to be close enough that if I wanted to I could. hah.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 07:47:10 am »
That's what I was hoping for, which is why I like that she's playing these smaller venues.  It just makes the artist more down-to-earth, like I'm used to, rather than distant or high-and-mighty on some 5-foot-high stage in the middle of an arena field, though I have seen many good shows like that.

I get out of school at 2:30.  We take lunch at 11:30 and have afternoon break at 1:30.  I really ought to stay all day though because I have two absences and I never know when I'm gonna need another one.  I'll just have to try to make sure my cousin gets here ASAP, even if he has to miss his English class that ends at 12:50, though he really shouldn't have to because his school is only an hour-twenty from mine, and they're both right off the Interstate.
Dustin

LikeAShootingStar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 11:54:04 am »
oh about cameras...they've always been allowed before....It's a pretty lax place, so unless Vanessa institues a no camera policy then it should be all good.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 05:00:09 pm »
I have a little table-top tripod I'd planned on bringing so I wouldn't have to use flash photography (which doesn't do well past 14 feet anyway).  And I kinda doubt Vanessa would throw such a policy in place so abruptly when she seems to like the camera on her. 8)
Dustin

LikeAShootingStar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 07:00:50 pm »
The closest I've been there is about 4 feet from the stage. haha You could get right up on it if you wanted but then again that wouldn't make for good pictures and might make vanessa a tid bit nervous lol

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 10:39:14 pm »
Nah, I wouldn't want to make her nervous. 8)   I'm nearsighted with astigmatism, so I shouldn't be too far away. :wink:
Dustin