Author Topic: Charles and Camilla to be Married  (Read 5529 times)

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Charles and Camilla to be Married
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:36:57 am »
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050210/356/fc6rv.html

Prince Charles is to be W.E.D. Big lugs is gettin married again.

Well she'll never be queen and I don't think he'll make king.

All you girls must be sobbing your hearts out. :cry:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 09:58:11 am »
Ok, now I mean no disrespect or anything, I'm just really kind of wanting to know so it is respectfully that I ask, exactly what does the monarchy structure of England do these days? I mean parliament takes care of all the issues right? so does the royalty just stay for traditions sake or do they still have some kind of power?
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 10:16:04 am »
Quote from: "Steavis"
Ok, now I mean no disrespect or anything, I'm just really kind of wanting to know so it is respectfully that I ask, exactly what does the monarchy structure of England do these days? I mean parliament takes care of all the issues right? so does the royalty just stay for traditions sake or do they still have some kind of power?

Well I dunno im not English, but of BRITAIN yes...tradition and tourism is the main reason for them, I suppose.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 10:44:28 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"

Well I dunno im not English, but of BRITAIN yes...tradition and tourism is the main reason for them, I suppose.

Scotty you should be so proud of me!  because if my History class I now understand why you hate to be called English.  Anyway, Charles getting married to Camilla  8O  wow.  She'll never be Queen, there's got to be some alterior motives.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 10:52:02 am »

Oh, what don't they do? Without them we'd simply have nobody to attend parties dressed as WWII criminals of war.

-Kev

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 10:53:25 am »
Well I dunno im not English, but of BRITAIN

Tomayto, tomarto.

-Kev

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 10:53:33 am »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Scotty you should be so proud of me!  because if my History class I now understand why you hate to be called English.  Anyway, Charles getting married to Camilla  8O  wow.  She'll never be Queen, there's got to be some alterior motives.

hahaha *hug* you deserve a medal.

he is gettin married to quell the rumours that he is gay. :wink:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 10:54:49 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Well I dunno im not English, but of BRITAIN

Tomayto, tomarto.

-Kev

you can say Tomayto or tomarto and ill say tomato EF. :mrgreen:

its nothing like that K3v :!:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 11:26:35 am »

Thanks for the sig!  However, you have U.K. for your location, i thought the UK was England + N. Ireland and Britain was England + Scotland...
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 11:40:03 am »

Thanks for the sig!  However, you have U.K. for your location, i thought the UK was England + N. Ireland and Britain was England + Scotland...

The United Kingdom is Britain + Northern Ireland and Britain is Scotland, England and Wales.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 11:40:58 am »

The United Kingdom is Britain + Northern Ireland and Britain is Scotland, England and Wales.

gotcha

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 11:47:46 am »

gotcha

It's not that I have anything against the English [except Scumador], it's like calling someone, lets say, from Florida a Texan, yeah they are both American but ones a Flordinian did I make up that word or is it correct and the other is a Texan.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 12:25:57 pm »
Why don't you think Charles will become King?

And furthermore, this union is horrible if he ever intends to become King. He'd be the head of the Church of England. He married someone who divorced her husband! What does that say about his religious role?

Quite frankly, it seems to me that it would be easier to disestablish the COE. That's long overdue anyway.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 12:35:36 pm »
Quote from: "em one twenty-five boy"
Why don't you think Charles will become King?

And furthermore, this union is horrible if he ever intends to become King. He'd be the head of the Church of England. He married someone who divorced her husband! What does that say about his religious role?

Quite frankly, it seems to me that it would be easier to disestablish the COE. That's long overdue anyway.

*ring* Hello, Kettle residence.  Yes, this is the Pot and I'm calling you black. *click*  Charles and Diana got divorced too!  Plus, Henry the 8th created the Anglican Church just so he could get divorces.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 12:55:53 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"

Oh, what don't they do? Without them we'd simply have nobody to attend parties dressed as WWII criminals of war.

-Kev

oh lord, i saw that on one of those trashy tabloid tv shows. he didn't know it would cause such a stir ... umm, HELLO. you know, for someone in such a public position you'd think he'd of been a little smarter than that.