35 (21.5%)
Unsure
11 (6.7%)
Other (anything else?)
3 (1.8%)
Choice has changed since I last answered
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Sexual Orientation  (Read 56811 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2007, 01:26:23 pm »
I don't know about other states and citites but here in Los Angeles, California being gay/bisexual/lesbian is NOT a big deal. A met a girl at work who just told me she was a lesbian and I really did not care, and my friend is bisexual! that was such a trip when she told me, as long as she doesn't get frisky when we hit the gym together I really don't mind. She is who she is! Every where I turn there are gay men or lesbian women and people could care less. In high school we had the "Gay Straight Alliance" club and it was one of the BIGGEST in our school and NO ONE CARED that they were gay. come to LA!  :razz:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Gaygaygay
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2007, 01:38:13 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
It seems today that people are way more accepting of homosexuality, so more people are coming out and stuff like that....V's music is a little girly as Charmedguy said, so of course gay guys (and lesbians) will like it....I love, IDK, I just don't listen to that many guys because girls voices sound better to me....

ya I just don't think straight guys usually connect with the sentimental/emotional aspect of "chick music."

I understand and appreciate it, but yeah, there's not usually a strong connection by way of personal experience.

ATM reminded me of a chick I was dating in high school, and the same kind of feelings I had for her.  After that I found out I really connected to VC's musical expression specifically.  I was hooked.  One listen to Twilight and it was definantly done and over.

Guys aren't supposed to connect that way so they either don't, don't admit it, or are secure in their sexuality enough not to give a damn.  I fit in the last category.  But then again VC is the first artist I really connect to in other ways.  People are more than what genitalia they happen to have and which ones they desire for sexual intercourse.  Just the way her imagination flows or how she expresses her point of view through music I can relate to.  Some songs are a stretch but just take paradise -- anyone who has suffered from depression might be able to relate to that.  VC might express various forms of misandry(not really) and I might have a point of view on that, so even if I don't agree with it I still can relate to it in one form or another.  And in that way it always gives me food for thought even if it is a totally female issue.

I also find her damn attractive (you might not know,) but that doesn't change the musical aspect because I really do connect to the music and lyrics.

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2007, 04:25:21 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
It seems today that people are way more accepting of homosexuality, so more people are coming out and stuff like that....V's music is a little girly as Charmedguy said, so of course gay guys (and lesbians) will like it....I love, IDK, I just don't listen to that many guys because girls voices sound better to me....

ya I just don't think straight guys usually connect with the sentimental/emotional aspect of "chick music."

I understand and appreciate it, but yeah, there's not usually a strong connection by way of personal experience.

ATM reminded me of a chick I was dating in high school, and the same kind of feelings I had for her.  After that I found out I really connected to VC's musical expression specifically.  I was hooked.  One listen to Twilight and it was definantly done and over.

Guys aren't supposed to connect that way so they either don't, don't admit it, or are secure in their sexuality enough not to give a damn.  I fit in the last category.  But then again VC is the first artist I really connect to in other ways.  People are more than what genitalia they happen to have and which ones they desire for sexual intercourse.  Just the way her imagination flows or how she expresses her point of view through music I can relate to.  Some songs are a stretch but just take paradise -- anyone who has suffered from depression might be able to relate to that.  VC might express various forms of misandry(not really) and I might have a point of view on that, so even if I don't agree with it I still can relate to it in one form or another.  And in that way it always gives me food for thought even if it is a totally female issue.

I also find her damn attractive (you might not know,) but that doesn't change the musical aspect because I really do connect to the music and lyrics.

Thank you for a wonderful post. i think this is the best post i've read in this thread.
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:07 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
I don't know about other states and citites but here in Los Angeles, California being gay/bisexual/lesbian is NOT a big deal. A met a girl at work who just told me she was a lesbian and I really did not care, and my friend is bisexual! that was such a trip when she told me, as long as she doesn't get frisky when we hit the gym together I really don't mind. She is who she is! Every where I turn there are gay men or lesbian women and people could care less. In high school we had the "Gay Straight Alliance" club and it was one of the BIGGEST in our school and NO ONE CARED that they were gay. come to LA!  :razz:

ya here in boulder it seems all fine and dandy, but really only because no one talks about it. A couple weeks ago this lesbian agreed to let a couple guys she met at a bar stay at her house for a night because they were on a road trip or something. Then one of em starting hitting on her and she's like, No, bitch, please, I'm a lesbian... and then he straight up punched her in the face. This news got around campus and then the next week or so a gay couple was walking down the pearl street mall holding hands and a skinhead came up and punched one of them in the face and ran. And just the other night I was at a party and my friend was going to go to this other guy (paul's) house who I had met briefly at the beginning of the year. So my friend was asking who wanted to go with him to meet paul, and I was up for it, and he was like no you can't come. I asked why and he told me Paul didn't like me. And I was like why... cuz I barely even remembered meeting paul. and then he tells me he doesn't like me cuz I'm gay. usually i'm really good at brushing this shit off, but sometimes it really hurts like nothing else. c'est la vie, right? but ya, sometimes it doesn't seem like a problem, but it is.

Manda

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2007, 12:21:02 pm »

ya here in boulder it seems all fine and dandy, but really only because no one talks about it. A couple weeks ago this lesbian agreed to let a couple guys she met at a bar stay at her house for a night because they were on a road trip or something. Then one of em starting hitting on her and she's like, No, bitch, please, I'm a lesbian... and then he straight up punched her in the face. This news got around campus and then the next week or so a gay couple was walking down the pearl street mall holding hands and a skinhead came up and punched one of them in the face and ran. And just the other night I was at a party and my friend was going to go to this other guy (paul's) house who I had met briefly at the beginning of the year. So my friend was asking who wanted to go with him to meet paul, and I was up for it, and he was like no you can't come. I asked why and he told me Paul didn't like me. And I was like why... cuz I barely even remembered meeting paul. and then he tells me he doesn't like me cuz I'm gay. usually i'm really good at brushing this shit off, but sometimes it really hurts like nothing else. c'est la vie, right? but ya, sometimes it doesn't seem like a problem, but it is.

I'm sorry. :( Thats terrible. Hopefully I'll see you down here in LA when Vanessa goes on Tour again and I'll go to any gay bar you want or gay parade, whatever.  :wink: meet some nice people. Don't even bother with people like that, you are very funny and I know for sure you have a kind soul!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2007, 07:18:14 pm »
Quote from: "davidjp"
Quote from: "tylor2000"

Thank you for a wonderful post. i think this is the best post i've read in this thread.

You are probably riding solo with that perspective.  But thanks just the same.  :(

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2007, 05:41:57 pm »

I'm sorry. :( Thats terrible. Hopefully I'll see you down here in LA when Vanessa goes on Tour again and I'll go to any gay bar you want or gay parade, whatever.  :wink: meet some nice people. Don't even bother with people like that, you are very funny and I know for sure you have a kind soul!

aw thanks so much, you're a sweetheart and I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer... My friends and I were just contemplating a road trip to cali!

Manda

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2007, 06:22:28 pm »
oh yay :) I'll ask my cousin for the hot spots if you ever do come down. I'm sure she can introduce you to a ton of great people.

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2007, 03:05:27 am »
I'm bi. feels weird to admit it though >_>

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2007, 08:19:29 am »
Straight

Formerly known as Meraphix

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2007, 07:51:23 am »
well over here where I live, there is a lot of the whole people liking hip-hop.rap junk crap (my opinion sorry) and not a day goes by that I don't hear at least 3 times a day someone making a crack on gay people. I hate it. I mean its the suburbs but kids are mean. Only my close friends know, so its all good.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2007, 04:55:29 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
well over here where I live, there is a lot of the whole people liking hip-hop.rap junk crap (my opinion sorry) and not a day goes by that I don't hear at least 3 times a day someone making a crack on gay people. I hate it. I mean its the suburbs but kids are mean. Only my close friends know, so its all good.

That's shitty. Yeah, kids ARE mean. People are mean. That's so awful that you have to hide a part of you. I'm straight, but I know what it's like for people to give you a really hard time for any little thing that makes you different.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2007, 11:53:18 pm »
that's why all my gay friends are bitches!! just kidding i'm a sweetheart.

Manny

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2007, 10:14:07 am »
that's why all my gay friends are bitches!!

I know what u mean

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2007, 11:07:49 am »
lol

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.